Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 88782 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 01:03:16 am »
Can I Ask?
Does Anyone here have the website to download chrono trigger...
I Have Find All The Website But I Can't find anyone...
please help me..
thank you very much...

NO YOU CAN'T!!!!!!

Google is your friend though.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 04:30:41 am »
I recently started a new website. You guys have my old Chrono Cross website listed under the Community Map. I sent in an email saying that I will be updating it soon. For now, I'm focusing on a Chrono Trigger fan website:

http://cryosynthesis.com/chrono/

Hope I don't get killed for posting that link, please be easy  :x I'm new here. I will work the petition thingy into my site to help the community raise awareness.  :D

Ah, how I love that music... Really a treat to the ear  :D

And I've been hearing about Chrono Crisis, but what exactly is it? Is it finished? Is it still in progress? Is it about Crono or Serge, or about a new batch of characters? Is it about Lavos? About the TD? About the Dragon God? lol

And Chrono Trigger+, wasn't that the Chrono Trigger remake project? I thought that got canceld because Squeenix demanded so.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 09:10:11 pm »
Can I Ask?
Does Anyone here have the website to download chrono trigger...
I Have Find All The Website But I Can't find anyone...
please help me..
thank you very much...

NO YOU CAN'T!!!!!!

Google is your friend though.

abbreviate the word emulator, and put the fun word paradise behind it and possibly a dot org.
if you want the game figure it out.

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 10:06:24 pm »
Emuparadise? You can't get a THING from them! What I'm getting sick of is that we get the same answer every time we ask about a new Chrono series game: "We aren't working on it, but there's a chance of one eventually." Isn't that like giving us false hope? Anytime we try a good remake or fangame (CT: Resurrection, for instance) it gets a "cease and decist". It's like they want to starve us all off or something while gorging Final Fantasy fans. Anyone heard about that new game "Blue Dragon"? A good portion of the Dream Team is working on it together. They said getting them to work together was part of the problem behind a new Crono game, so I think this proves they want to avoid the Crono series as best as they can.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 10:43:19 pm »
Emuparadise? You can't get a THING from them! What I'm getting sick of is that we get the same answer every time we ask about a new Chrono series game: "We aren't working on it, but there's a chance of one eventually." Isn't that like giving us false hope? Anytime we try a good remake or fangame (CT: Resurrection, for instance) it gets a "cease and decist". It's like they want to starve us all off or something while gorging Final Fantasy fans. Anyone heard about that new game "Blue Dragon"? A good portion of the Dream Team is working on it together. They said getting them to work together was part of the problem behind a new Crono game, so I think this proves they want to avoid the Crono series as best as they can.
Remember, kids: companies always like to piss off their customers and think of nothing else but ways to do so, nevermind the fact that would seriously harm their profits and go against what a company stands for!

No, they're not ignoring the Chrono series at all. If anything, they've simply been delaying till both the DS and Virtual Console could fully prove themselves. Now that they have, they will probably test the waters with a port of Chrono Trigger to either system, and if the waters are warm and inviting...we could see a new Chrono game.

So, what I would suggest is that absolutely everyone who can--no matter what!--purchases a copy of either the Virtual Console port or the DS port, whichever comes out. I don't have a DS, but if it comes out on DS I'll buy a copy anyway, because the idea is to show as much support for the Chrono series as possible.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 06:12:19 am »
Anyone heard about that new game "Blue Dragon"? A good portion of the Dream Team is working on it together.

A "good portion"? There's the co-supervisor Sakaguchi, the character designer Toriyama, and the assistant interim composer Uematsu. That's just 3 people, who weren't even the leading ones on CT.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 12:43:08 pm »
Anyone heard about that new game "Blue Dragon"? A good portion of the Dream Team is working on it together.

A "good portion"? There's the co-supervisor Sakaguchi, the character designer Toriyama, and the assistant interim composer Uematsu. That's just 3 people, who weren't even the leading ones on CT.

Better than nothing, right?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 01:57:38 pm »

Yeah, but not better than Baten Kaitos...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 02:29:26 pm »

Yeah, but not better than Baten Kaitos...

Touché

satchel_dawg

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 07:44:30 pm »
Emuparadise? You can't get a THING from them!

they do have the ct rom, its a pretty good copy too, with the exception of somewhat distorted music.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 08:05:29 pm »
I really doubt that Emuparadise magically has some special version with bad music. It was probably your emulator.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 11:18:44 pm »
Emuparadise is terrible site to get anything from.  The downloads are slow, half the links are broken, etc...I'm more fund of getting stuff from rom-nation or romhustler or w/e.  Alot quicker and easier to get.  Of course with a few minor pop ups here and there.

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 10:08:08 pm »
True, I got shortchanged mid-way through downloading Chrono Cross from there, and yes, I know now that there isn't any truely big names on the project, now. When I typed that, I'd just read one news article, and an inaccurate one at that. Seriously, though, I've noticed SE has a bad habit of giving the fans the short end of the stick, just look at the non-Japanese Final Fantasy numbering system.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 10:17:28 pm »
It's not that they have a bad habit of giving their fans the stick so much as they act like a company and make business decisions. The market for their games is typically higher and incurs less expenses due to shipping of the software in Japan than in North America. Only recently with games such as Kingdom Hearts II has this proven otherwise, and even then Square-Enix is reluctant to change their minds, as seen by the obvious lack of a North American Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+, though there is still the possibility of an announcement of a North American port. Further, you must take into account the general Japanese attitudes, especially for the older citizens. While many of the younger citizens will have more open-minded attitudes, most of the older citizens tend to be xenophobic, caused by the singular lack of any sort of real ethnic diversity on the Japanese islands for thousands of years. Families can literally trace their ancestors back over a millennia or more.

In fact, Square-Enix is anything but mean when it comes to the Japanese fanbase. A large portion of their games early on were given solely to the Japanese, and this practice continues with their expanded content games such as Final Fantasy X-2: Internationl+ Last Mission or whatever that bloody long title was.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 06:55:16 pm »
Square Enix is Making a profit off re-release The Final Fantasy that is enough to keep any company afloat. Then the next big money maker is the Dragon quest series. This means A) Chrono Trigger will not be on any virtual console sense Square Enix can make just as much money as any new, Retail game. And B)They are vary safe, they know Chrono trigger will MOST LIKELY sell, and sell big, but why do that when they know Final Fantasy, And Dragon quest  WILL sell, and sell big.