Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 88809 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2010, 10:52:21 pm »
Remember to read carefully. The "announcement" is coming from SE USA, not from Japan.

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2010, 01:51:48 am »
Effectively, I wouldn't get too excited if it's just Squeenix Usa. The best we could get is one of those two :

Secret of Evermore 2
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Wii

The japanese company clearly let us know that we were not buying enough chrono ports. Maybe they should sell the franchise after all. I'm sure there are a lot of good developpers who would be interested in making a sequel and do a better job. Who would want a linear chrono with no towns ?

Also, Mitsuda and Kato are independant so they could work for other companies.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2010, 05:33:43 pm »
Nevertheless, I'm intrigued by the sudden appearance of these Chrono Trigger collectible figures a few months ago. Is Chrono the only long-discontinued property for which SE has released figures recently? It's a little late to cash in on CT:DS with these, but the release would be well-positioned to coincide with the announcement of a new Chrono game.

No, Disney Peanuts and FF9 recently got stuff. Also did anyone notice that on the SE of America site the sell Resident Evil figures?

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2010, 01:31:02 pm »

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »
Really that's it? wow

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2010, 03:03:20 am »
Wasn't it supposed to be Square Enix Usa ? It's that dumb vp who wants to sell more CTDS.  :picardno

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2010, 07:50:57 am »
So has there been any word on what the "Shocking Surprise" was or if there are still any other mystery games being developed?

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2010, 10:37:43 pm »
It was some crappy MGS related event or something.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2010, 10:23:33 pm »
I have tried to find the right words to express my own thoughts on a new Chrono game. I want one. Badly. And here's a quote I found from about 5.5 years ago from captain Z himself, and even if his sentiment has changed, I find this my belief entirely:
"I have a rule on things like this...a personal philosophy.

If the chances are not good for a good sequel, I would still like to see something. I would not care if Chrono Break is utter crap; it would be expanding upon the series, and it would give us a new area to delve into.

Trigger and Cross have their own worth. An interloping game cannot subtract from those games. It can tarnish the name of the Chrono series, but I can live with that."

Philo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2010, 01:45:34 pm »
I recently started a new website. You guys have my old Chrono Cross website listed under the Community Map. I sent in an email saying that I will be updating it soon. For now, I'm focusing on a Chrono Trigger fan website:

http://cryosynthesis.com/chrono/

Hope I don't get killed for posting that link, please be easy  :x I'm new here. I will work the petition thingy into my site to help the community raise awareness.  :D

Hey the link was broken for me, it took me to some random site. Is your site still up and running? If so I would love to see it :)

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2010, 11:05:02 pm »
I recently started a new website. You guys have my old Chrono Cross website listed under the Community Map. I sent in an email saying that I will be updating it soon. For now, I'm focusing on a Chrono Trigger fan website:

http://cryosynthesis.com/chrono/

Hope I don't get killed for posting that link, please be easy  :x I'm new here. I will work the petition thingy into my site to help the community raise awareness.  :D

Hey the link was broken for me, it took me to some random site. Is your site still up and running? If so I would love to see it :)
Haha... That's over 4 years old... Maybe got deleted.

I wonder if a new game will ever be made... Maybe suddenly one day the Dream Team will be reunited! To make a new game.. not necessarily a new Chrono game but at least something related.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2010, 09:51:54 pm »
There needs to be a serious shake-up in Square/Enix's leadership for that to be even remotely possible.  Such a thing may lie in the near future considering how Final Fantasy 14 turned out, but I wouldn't count on it.  Those executives are still in the denial stage of grief.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2010, 05:06:31 am »
There needs to be a serious shake-up in Square/Enix's leadership for that to be even remotely possible.  Such a thing may lie in the near future considering how Final Fantasy 14 turned out, but I wouldn't count on it.  Those executives are still in the denial stage of grief.

Don't get your hopes up! When the time is right, all your questions shall be answered.

In the meantime, continue to support the series by buying CTDS and showing off your Chrono merchandise. Make sure you wear Chrono-related shirts and walk in front of news cameras shooting parades, national events, or other news related features.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »

I think SE is finally understanding that everyone hates them now. Didn't this happen with Capcom? And now they're one of the most fan loving companies out there. They picked the SSF4 characters by popularity and fan request over balancing. Hopefully they become a new friendly Square.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2010, 12:22:15 am »
When was Capcom unfriendly to gamers, out of curiosity?  Was it during the Street Fighter III era, or was it later?  I don't follow Capcom that closely, but I do follow the fortunes of JRPG developers like S/E and Tales Studio.