Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 89843 times)

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2008, 10:23:54 pm »
My guess is that they are gauging interest in CT not just from us stalwarts, but also from new, younger gamers. If the game's sales beats their markeing expectations, I'd expect Chrono Break to be slated for production once Square-Enix has the resources in place to do it (Kato being the primary creative necessity)

Well, we've certainly at least seen the reverse of this several times in the video game industry  (Like Xenosaga being shorted due to lack of sales)  While I think a new game added to the series could be nice, Kato would probably be best off remaining as one of the creatives, and not so much the primary, assuming he'd even allow that much.  After reading some older interviews again, it feels like these games are more of a chore to him, and in my growing opinion he's not so much the single handed brain-trust of Chrono that people rave him to be on these forums.  Writing he certainly can be, but I think directing capabilities are a tad much.

Vagrant

• Iokan (+1)
  • rocket surgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2008, 03:28:59 am »
Given the state of Square-Enix for the past several years, I wouldn't want them to make a new Chrono game.

Unless they could get the old Dream Team back together, but I don't see it happening.

mikeb123

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2008, 10:38:46 pm »
Given the state of Square-Enix for the past several years, I wouldn't want them to make a new Chrono game.
                                                                                                                                                                               Agreed. After seeing them screw up Seiken Densetsu 3, I got really fed up.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:00:50 am by mikeb123 »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2008, 11:48:07 pm »
If CT DS sells well, perhaps we will get a CC remake (hopefully).

After Ultimania's release of the CT DS guide and such, we need to blast SE with new letters about a new Chrono game. This will be the perfect opportunity... then again FFXIII is coming soon, so all of their man-power may be aimed elsewhere.

Do you think that due to the amount of fan games out there is why we do not have a new Chrono game yet?

Paradox244

• Iokan (+1)
  • Better Living Through Insanity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »
I don't think so.  They're probably just too busy trying to sell me Final Fantasy IV for the twentieth fucking time.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2008, 09:37:46 pm »
Yeah, getting a 3rd party to do a remake FFIV must have been really taxing on their talent...>_>

Afinho

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2008, 12:58:03 pm »
Square Enix is Making a profit off re-release The Final Fantasy that is enough to keep any company afloat. Then the next big money maker is the Dragon quest series. This means A) Chrono Trigger will not be on any virtual console sense Square Enix can make just as much money as any new, Retail game. And B)They are vary safe, they know Chrono trigger will MOST LIKELY sell, and sell big, but why do that when they know Final Fantasy, And Dragon quest  WILL sell, and sell big.

Isn't it funny to look bad at what we say in the past.  :o

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:04 pm »
What? I said that it wouldn't be a downloadable game it would be its own, which is correct. Plus I said that there other games would get more attention during production which is true. I wasn't wrong in any way.

Afinho

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2008, 07:07:19 pm »
What? I said that it wouldn't be a downloadable game it would be its own, which is correct. Plus I said that there other games would get more attention during production which is true. I wasn't wrong in any way.

Oops,k didn't read the "virtual"

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2008, 07:09:46 pm »
I've been interested in C++, game development, and internet development for a while. I would want to make a Chrono MMO if I actually knew how. Heck, I can't even get Allegro to work. Bah!

Feldschlacht IV

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2008, 02:58:42 pm »
Seven pages! How successful do you guys think this has been? Have we gotten anyone's attention? I'd love to see a new Chrono game.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2008, 05:13:35 pm »
I'm going to write my letter to SE as my New Year's resolution.

My 30 page letter.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2008, 03:04:32 pm »
I'm going to write my letter to SE as my New Year's resolution.

My 30 page letter.

I am definitely game to send another letter. However, I had sent one directly to the Japanese HQ with both English and Japanese translations and never received a reply. That close to 2 years ago... perhaps I should send one to SE here in the states.

That is a perfect resolution XTacTX !!

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:01 am »
Before we have a new Chrono game I would like a Chrono Trigger PC and have their be extended side-quest by downloading patches for free.   (See What If: Chrono Trigger PC) thread for more info)   

For those who have a laptop imagine playing an improved Chrono Trigger on the go?  much better then the DS version.

I am tired so good night before I become stupid. :picardno

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2009, 06:41:49 am »
Before we have a new Chrono game I would like a Chrono Trigger PC and have their be extended side-quest by downloading patches for free.   (See What If: Chrono Trigger PC) thread for more info)   

For those who have a laptop imagine playing an improved Chrono Trigger on the go?  much better then the DS version.

I am tired so good night before I become stupid. :picardno

We already have CT on PC. It's called ZSNES or No$GBA.