Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 89780 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2010, 04:51:26 pm »
No one said it was Square of Japan. And also I can assure you one is FF15. Im telling you that will be E3's announcement. And it will be multi platform until they see the sales of 13 on the 360. Then it will be pure PS3. But do we have anything on KH3? or just that its being made? Also we know of a FF7 project too. That leaves one we don't know.

Why would they announce FF15 when FF14 isn't out yet? And on what basis are you assuming that the 360 version will fail?

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2010, 05:06:45 pm »
Because:

A: Its square

B: Its final fantasy.

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2010, 03:18:24 am »
Has anyone bought their 3rd copy of CT:DS yet ? That's what the VP asked us fans to do. Buy more.

I wonder what is happening at Square-Enix. The cease and desist letters almost seem generic as if they hired a bunch of burocrats in California doing this specific job (searching for legal issues), independently of the Japan HQ. If this is not the case, why would Square want to protect this copyright so bad ? They showed us many time that they don't care about chrono by

1-Working on less successful series instead (like Mana). Obviously, Square is a company, and companies want to make cash. Since chrono sold more that mana, it's an illogical decision, put that way.
2-This ugly, painful and "electronic art'ish" comment of the VP
3-Wasting the chrono team on that zeppelin FFXI and XIV

A few years ago, they mentioned that reuniting the original team was hard. This is a bad excuse because for CC they haven't reunited the Dream Team. More importantly, Yasunori Mitsuda and Masato Kato were favorable to a new iteration and as we all know they are the heart of the series. What really frustrates me with these CD letters is that they don't even care about the series.

With all that said, there is still hope, but it's very slim. Someone would have to make a silent crimson echoes and release it without warning with an anonymous name.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2010, 06:59:13 am »
Well, they DID just come out with statues for the Chrono series...so they obviously know there's a community (whether it actually being Chrono fans and/or Toriyama fans) willing to buy it...as for the "silent crimson echoes", if you just mean that others should make ROM hacks then that IS still going on. The Chrono series fans have had THREE C&D's so far...that's not simply insane for the fact that it's a waste to toss aside an entire fanbase so flippantly but it also shows the Chrono fans' dedication! A third will not stop the fans, but hopefully it will simply teach the fans how not to get a fourth! There are still projects out there...

With a time machine, there's ALWAYS hope...

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2010, 06:23:27 pm »
No one said it was Square of Japan. And also I can assure you one is FF15. Im telling you that will be E3's announcement. And it will be multi platform until they see the sales of 13 on the 360. Then it will be pure PS3. But do we have anything on KH3? or just that its being made? Also we know of a FF7 project too. That leaves one we don't know.

Why would they announce FF15 when FF14 isn't out yet? And on what basis are you assuming that the 360 version will fail?

Well actually, when I posted that, 13 was out in japan. Second, it would be out by E3. Also 13 was announced the year 12 was released, about 5 months before. Also 14 is going to be out this summer. Also square isn't stupid this gap between 12 and 13 was because of goddamn jump from ps2 to ps3. Then the success of the 360. Next I never said that it was going to fail on 360, I just that it will be out sold by the ps3 by A LOT.

LancerEvo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2010, 10:39:47 pm »
According to a page I read on wikipedia, FFXV has a release date of 2013... odd.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »
According to a page I read on wikipedia, FFXV has a release date of 2013... odd.

Not really, considering it's Wikipedia. Unless there was also a link to the source, it's more likely to be speculation than fact.

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2010, 02:16:32 am »
I may be wrong, but I've heard FFXV was coming out this year. This would be wise (at least in America) because there is a void right now in the MMORPG genre (WoW still on trone, star trek online flopped, Warhammer and Conan almost dead and SW:TOR still in development). I have high expectations for that game (being an ex-wow player).

Speaking of online games, wouldn't a MMO in the Chrono universe be cool ? Time travelling would add a lot to exploration ! You could be a human (from any time), a Mystic or a Robot. Just a thought. ;)

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2010, 05:33:05 pm »
1. that's 14 and 2. No MMOs are a fad WoW is die and Square is just trying to keep a steady flow of income. However I'm telling you FFXV is being announced either at this E3 or at the next TGS. Versus 13 will be talked about as well as Agito at E3 in my opinion. I'm sure 15 is being developed, if not Square is either stupid or could possibly be ending FF(unlikely).

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2010, 12:44:53 am »
1. that's 14 and 2. No MMOs are a fad WoW is die and Square is just trying to keep a steady flow of income. However I'm telling you FFXV is being announced either at this E3 or at the next TGS. Versus 13 will be talked about as well as Agito at E3 in my opinion. I'm sure 15 is being developed, if not Square is either stupid or could possibly be ending FF(unlikely).

My bad yeah I meant 14. Dunno if I'll play 15 considering the direction the series has taken.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »
Speaking of online games, wouldn't a MMO in the Chrono universe be cool ? Time travelling would add a lot to exploration ! You could be a human (from any time), a Mystic or a Robot. Just a thought. ;)

Eh, it'd have to dull the ability to change things in the past, or else anybody exploring in the future would be confused as hell all the time (assuming an MMO would be massively multiplayer, there would be massive amounts of changes made)

I don't think it'd work without curbing the time travel. Perhaps in a Cross-type scenario, dimensional travel that doesn't have an effect on the dimension you're leaving.

ZackFair

• Iokan (+1)
  • After a long sleep, time has come...
    • View Profile

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »
Lots of the members of that site are predicting that it is Chrono Break.  :)

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2010, 08:00:44 pm »
Lol, lots of people would be shocked for many things. I doubt Chrono anything. Remember we didn't buy enough. Maybe Harressies 13. It will probably be something that is more appealing to the western mainstream obvious. Maybe a FPS. I'm expecting 15. And it will probably be something radically different from what we expect from FF.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2010, 08:10:31 pm »
Nevertheless, I'm intrigued by the sudden appearance of these Chrono Trigger collectible figures a few months ago. Is Chrono the only long-discontinued property for which SE has released figures recently? It's a little late to cash in on CT:DS with these, but the release would be well-positioned to coincide with the announcement of a new Chrono game.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:13:36 pm by FaustWolf »