Author Topic: Governments of the Chrono Series [Finalized]  (Read 12771 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Governments of the Chrono Series [Finalized]
« on: March 20, 2004, 07:16:35 pm »
Finalized and Presented in Real World Influences

Quote from: Solar661
65,000,000 BC

Ioka has shades of meritocracy: didn't Ayla say that the strongest person would be the village leader? Then again, the average Iokan appears to be his/her own ruler, so to speak, and the meetings themselves would probably be more ceremonial than political.

Laruba is essentially identical, but perhaps its leader is chosen on the basis of age rather than might.

We the players witness only one instance in which Azala shows her (*shoots the fascists*) authoritarian leadership; that would be her commanding Nizbel to sic the party. There is nothing else to suggest how she actually governs the Reptites. There IS, however, a suggestion of "ancestor worship/respect/etc.": notice how several of the doors in the Tyrano Lair are made of dinosaur skulls.

12,000 BC

Zeal is an absolute monarchy with an "Enlightened" despot, though Enhasa and Kajar may hold the title of "free cities".

Algetty continues to function in the manner of Ioka and Laruba, albeit with better syntax in the leader's speeches.

AD 600

Guardia is your standard monarchy, neither autocratic nor figureheaded.

San Dorino has an elder; Porre, a mayor; Truce and Choras have neither. All four cities are more sophisticated versions of the two Stone Age settlements and the Earthbound village, basically.

Magus is Emperor of All Mystics. Enough said.

AD 1000

The trial scenes heavily suggest that Guardia has become a constitutional monarchy, especially "the elective process".

Truce now has a mayor; San Dorino has fallen to quicksand; Medina, the middle establishment, has an elder; Porre and Choras are unchanged. There doesn't seem to be much political change in any city.

AD 2300

Of the two domes in which some semblance of human civilisation survives, one is an anarchy, and the other is a pale copy of the pre-historic regimes.

As for the robots, well, let's just say that Mother Brain is a dictatrix (Latin suffixes > you) presiding over a mechanical society, in which pure communism has likely succeeded (machines are perfect, they say).

I would like to add that Porre later became a military state, and that the nature of the Central Regime is unknown, other than that it supposedly maintains a strong military (Chronopolis was called a military institute, it is revealed).

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 08:12:37 pm »
I would ask what El Nido would be considered, but I guess that might be a little complicated, with Porre taking over makes a difference, and if so, would they even take over in the ideal timeline?
I guess Termina and Viper Manor are ruled kinda like the way mentioned for Guardia, but it doesn't seem like Guldove or Marbule really answer to anyone...

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 03:59:06 am »
What about the society of 1999 AD in the original Timeline?  We see the Supervisor, Operator, and Director (of whom Doan is a descendant) managing the Info Center during the Day of Lavos.  It is unclear whether this is a civil or military installation, but they wear similar uniforms to Guardian soldiers in 1000 AD.  The Director definitely fulfilled some sort of leadership role and this tradition carried on well after the apocalypse.  This could elude (certainly not intensionally) to the militant nature of the Porre empire which may have been in power.  However, since Doan was a descendant of the Guardian royal line, I tend to think that Guardia maintained sovereignty in 1999 AD.

Plague

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 03:08:24 pm »
Keep in mind though, that by 1999, neither Guardia nor Porre may exist any more as a nation.  The whole dome structure civilization had taken reeks of invididualised city states locked off or distrustful of the others.  Chronopolis's nature of being disguised as a military research center (with a wing of fighter aircraft I might add) shows that whoever ran it was obviously distrustful of whoever else was around at the time.

By 2300 things had degenerated so badly into a separatist tribal or anarchist "government" that some of the locals seemed suprised there was anyone else out there when chrono and team showed up.  Realistically, the people of Arris and Bangor domes should of had a completely different accent or even language from each other considering how long they had been separate.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 04:39:19 pm »
The computers may have united them in that regard; static things around the dome would stick in English, and perhaps would maintain the language.

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 06:32:51 am »
I would call Truce a facist state. Arresting a man for nothing. THats like state police! lol

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 06:41:26 am »
Isn't Algetty as well as the Earthbound people ruled by Zeal?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 07:14:24 pm »
I tend to think that America maintained sovereignty in 1999 AD and hold that the "dome city" was in fact a military base.  I base this on my personal opinion that America kicks ass.  That and my obsessive need to reconcile absolutely everything with reality.

However, there has been a trend lately that I find disturbing -- despite the U.N.'s status, there are a lot of people who are growing disillusioned with it and claiming that it's just a sequel to the League of Nations, which amounted to the most cosmic joke in our political history.  The Central Regime could be the outgrowth of this anti-U.N. mentality, a much more conservative and jingoistic agency formed to replace the U.N. -- it certainly seems militaristic enough.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 07:40:04 pm »
Quote from: Hadriel
I base this on my personal opinion that America kicks ass.

Then how come your Special Forces are only third best in the world?

That and my obsessive need to reconcile absolutely everything with reality.

I'm with you on that one.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 08:00:43 pm »
Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages
I base this on my personal opinion that America kicks ass.

Then how come your Special Forces are only third best in the world?

That's not even counting Canada's special forces, who are so good most people (including most Canadians) don't even know they exist.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 08:55:44 pm »
Actually, I was including JTF2. A friend of the family is thinking of joining them.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 11:36:14 pm »
How come every time I see a reference to the domes in 1999 that it is common knowledge that it is due to the fact that everyone hates each other? Maybe it was for environmental issues or just advanced technology. I say this because of what happens during the Lavos ending where the computer shows the numerous attacks across the world. I would be suprised if enemy domes would allow such information to be attainable so quickly.

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 11:57:00 pm »
if theres any reason why america dosent kick ass is because they exploit the working class, and poor people in 3rd world countries. They're also Capitalist complete opposite of leftism, which is what i believe in.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 02:33:17 am »
First of all, I fail to see how America has anything to do with this, and secondly,  Capitalism > j00....sorry, just had to do that.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 04:05:27 am »
Hadriel and I usually have the habit of connection most of the history of the Chrono world with our own. In our, or at least my, view, world history from 3,000BC through about 100AD was mostly unchanged, save for the existance of a great landmass in the central Atlantic. This is Guardia. By 600AD, world history has taken a radically different course. Although I suppose Hadriel believes that America would still rise, thus his comment, and my jesting counter-comment regarding their power (after all, my country does have, historically in the last hundred years, one of the best trained and bravest of armies, if small and ill-equipped by most measures.)