Author Topic: Threads of Time  (Read 6752 times)

Deathcabkerouac

• Iokan (+1)
  • Ab initio, a caelo usque ad centrum, dum vita est.
    • View Profile
Re: Threads of Time
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 01:01:04 pm »
I dunno, names are hard to come by...

Chrono Blue.
Champions of Zeal.
Heroes of Time.
Chrono Ex Machina (translated as 'Time from the machine').

I dunno...I can't think of anything.

Anyways, the idea sounds pretty good...
     But just to put in some personal criticism, I have a hard time accepting that the hero uses a Klingon battle sword.  knew I'd heard Batleth (sp?!) before but I couldn't remember what it was, so I wiki'ed it...and I just don't like the idea.  It's not even a cool weapon (in my personal opinion).  Something more along the lines of Serge's Swallow, Squall's Gunblade, or even Zidane's ('Swallow' inspired) Thief-blades would be more fitting...  Just a thought.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 01:04:37 pm »
Wait what?  It's from startrek O.o  But I changed him a bit earlier.  He maybe using daggers or something.  Gunblade may work but remember he's taking the place of Crono so he won't be shooting stuff.  Giving him a swallow will make him look to much like Serge.  He can only used melee based weapons mainly because of the stupid limitation of the battle system.

So basically he could use:
Daggers
Fists/Feet (AKA Martial Arts)
Swords
Swallows (I prolly won't use them but I may as a last resort if I have to)
Pole Arm
Maybe even a Katar

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 01:21:49 pm »
Can't he use throwing weapons if the animation is changed? It might look a bit awkward, but with appropriate graphic hack it could look decent.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 01:31:18 pm »
Not possible.  For one, if you changed the animation, it would work but then what would you see when he throws it?  you can't really hex edit that in =/.  So not really possible unless you want him to throw air at the enemy and deal 999 dmg -_-

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 01:58:28 pm »
Mmh, we might not be speaking about the same thing, because I clearly see a flying slash when I swap Crono's attack animation with Lucca's (or Marle's? dunno). It could be interpreted as a throwing knife (if the sword that Crono still holds in his arm is removed with graphic hack). I'm just giving an opinion though, you're the one who decides :)

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 02:04:56 pm »
Not possible.  For one, if you changed the animation, it would work but then what would you see when he throws it?  you can't really hex edit that in =/.  So not really possible unless you want him to throw air at the enemy and deal 999 dmg -_-

you could call it chi, like the japs, or is in the chinisse? whatever it is you could use your main charater and say he was raised by ninja's, if you dont wanna do that, you could allways just leave him with the sword you planned. It's you game make it to your need homie.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 02:13:48 pm »
When it's Magus, the flying, moving slash is even sort of rotating in addition to moving towards the enemy. I assume there is also some way to swap that secundary sprite.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 07:29:00 pm »
Bah, i'm still sucky at hex editing and stuff, so i assumed you couldn't do it.  But Marle isn't going to be playable so maybe i could replace her animation of shooting with a throwing knife or something?  What are the hex addresses for crono and what should i replace.  I kinda want to figure this out, and see what I can do.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 07:53:07 pm »
I learned the trick from a thread Chickenlump made: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=2000

The attack animations starts at CD5EC6. They are in this order (2 bytes each):

Crono (normal) - Crono (critical) - Marle (normal) - Marle (critical) - Lucca (normal) - etc.

Though I'm not sure whether it's Marle or Lucca that comes first. Just copy-paste a value somewhere else and the animation will be changed. An animation can be used more than once also. There are other stuff in CL's post but I didn't really mess with them (*is kinda afraid*).

Maybe I should write this in the wiki when I get the chance.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 07:55:27 pm by Chrono'99 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 11:04:54 pm »
I'm gonna be posting a video of some...Odd stuff that happened when I hex edited Crono's Attacks.  You maybe surprised at some of them O.o or just be wtfish but yeah I'll post it once it's ready.

It's ready!  Come get it peeps.  O.o  I think i found a few triple techs that were kind of funky.

http://www.savefile.com/files/8349560

Ugh...I think im going to have to get a new file hosting service.  Because this site is being a piece of shit at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 01:03:20 pm by justin3009 »

bryankot

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 05:39:31 pm »
You mention that the project is going to be set in some sort of alternate dimension from chrono trigger. I am excited to see how you are planning on tieing this in without stepping too much on Chrono Cross. Keep up the good work my man.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 07:02:01 pm »
What do you guys think of the video?  Kind of weird right...

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 07:14:54 pm »
Kind of complicated, a lot of stuff happens and I'm not even sure where each part starts and ends. But it's interesting... It would be nice if all these attack tricks would be precisely figured out one day.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 09:09:02 pm »
I founbd a few more.  Crono doing confuse/ and what seems like slurp cut

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile