Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback  (Read 41810 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback
« on: May 19, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
Post feedback about the second demo here. Feedback can cover anything, really, including

• Plot Suggestions / Criticisms
  • Character Balance
  • Game Mechanics
  • Map / Location Issues
  • Bugs
  • Other Suggestions
  • Praise!

Remember to check the readme if you are having problems installing. You can also ask general questions here. Just take the demo and run with it! I hope you've had a blast playing it. If you're curious, try giving Chrono Trigger rom hacking a try. All the tools you'll need are at http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification . By the way, if you don't feel like registering here, you can e-mail crimsonechoes@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 04:43:20 pm by ZeaLitY »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 05:08:20 pm »
Hi all thanks for playing the demo.

I wanna let you know that I really will be actively working on fixing any bugs that you report and should be able to fix most of them besides the exceptions below.  We will then rerelease the demo in a couple weeks in an all out feature.l

Known bugs so far:

Priority issues in a certain vista
Magus Power Glitch (magus levels up and get ** power)
No Sun Keep (sigh I don't know why...)
Text if you sell sword

This list will be updated.

Again thanks for playing it was alot of work but totally worth it. 

If you want to help (always wanted) feel free to email crimsonechoes@gmail.com or just post here.

--jp

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 05:27:46 pm »
O.O!!!!! NICE!  I have yet to play it but so far it looks nice.  I'll report bugs or glitches and stuff if i find any.

Just minor graphical problems.  The world map in the 19200 BC or w/e has a bunch of graphical overlay problems O_O''  The tree's you can walk through (i don't know if that's suppose 2 happen but its down on the southern continent).  The bottom right corner has a tile out of wack, and the one near last village has one as well (the one that has elder).

Another Bug:

If you go to the top of the Dactyl Nest before you reach singing moutain, the game freezes.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:04:56 pm by justin3009 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 07:15:09 pm »
Really nice godlike job you guys did there! I just started playing untill Magus Chapter, but now i'm stuck  :lee:
maybe someone might help me, after beating the first boss(the 1 in the beast nest), what do I have to do?
Anyways, this is a feedback thread so here is what I noticed on my first play:

- Crono's kitchen: if you click on the plant in Cronos House, you get the "receive item" sound 2 times, but no text appears(and no item)(1st pic).
- Cathedral: if you talk to Renault(hope this was the knights name), and have the Shamshir equipped, you don't give it to him(but you are supposed to, aren't you?)
- after the Chapter change: the Items stay in the inventory
- Guardian sleeping room: 2 Guards at the table say the same(I know it's stupid to mention, but that's what I noticed)
- at Magus Chapter: you can't use the Savepoint in the hut because of some invisible border covering it(again, I know you can save on the world map)
- Wordlmap Magus Chapter: you can walk over the "hole"(if it's a hole at all)
- in the house with the healing Square(forgot the name): you can walk on the lower border of the table(2nd pic)
- Magus Chapter worldmap_ you can walk under some ruined parts of Zeal (if it's supossed to be that)(3rd pic)
- the 2 lower left NPCs in the "Commons" don't face you when you talk to them(they always face right)
- on the upper right part on the beast nest, you somehow are covered by the textures(4th pic)

I don't know if some are bugs, features or whatever, so sry for saying something unnecessary, I just wrote down what I noticed...
Again: Good Job!

Oh, and about the "secret stuff" mentioned in the readme...how should we know what exactly the secret is? If something happens, how do we know it is a secret? Is it mentioned ingame? I don't think I will find all thou, maybe some people will try their luck  :)

Everyone should try it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 07:29:15 pm »
Well, it's a "secret" just if it is off the beaten path or normal order of things. Like...it doesn't directly deal with the plot.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 07:31:16 pm »
Anywho, very nice job on this XD.  I hated it at the end lol.  I'm like OMG THERE SHE IS then her stupid text (hiya demo's over) that got me so ticked >;(, but still very nice.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 07:35:47 pm »
Cyber,

Sent you a PM.  And thank you so much for the bugs.  I'll work on these and make the demo even better.  I really like fixing bugs ......kinda weird I dont know why.

Justin,

maybe a little more will quench your thirst, after talking to her you should get a hint at how to go to a special room.

--jp

kadafi62590

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 07:43:00 pm »
im stuck at the part on maguses quest where he says that its the catacombs from zeal i go right and it says you can not always trust your eyes than i continue  right and get killed by the golem is there something else im supposed to do or am i just to weak to beat the golem?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 07:44:30 pm »
Sent a PM.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 08:16:38 pm »
Ok i just found 1 secret scene!  Off to find the rest of the secrets

Quick edit:  Is the Glassrose, is the girl that says something about the future comply with this scene?  Cause if so then that'd really clear up some problems.  But i'm not sure if it is.  If it isn't then well i think i figured out another one to do...

ouraniso text = super evil text >;(  -goes off to figure out what it means-

2 hours and still going =/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 09:22:32 pm by justin3009 »

OngoingWalnut

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 10:07:02 pm »
First off, really nice job! At least what I've seen of it.. The bad news is I'm stuck on the part after I beat Dalton's Golum. Where to go where to go where to go.. I think dalton told me, but I clicked outta it too quickly. x_x

Something nice, if it's possible to add, would be an objectives list. I don't know why, but out of every professional and amature RPG I've played, Crimson Echos confuses me the most (when it comes to where to go). o.O
sorry for the little emo rant there. :P

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 10:16:31 pm »
Man this is really confusing!  I think i've found 2 out of 3 secrets...I also found a glitch with chronopolis.  After a certain scene.  He tells you to seek Glenn cause his help is needed.  Once you talk to him, they have a little convo, then it knocks you back into chronopolis...Then you can keep repeating that same event over and over and over......

Richforce

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 10:24:11 pm »
I'm a little confused about the singing mountian clues

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 10:31:55 pm »
=P  Am I the only one that's beaten this =/

SGR

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 10:35:20 pm »
I'm having problems with Magus' chapter, too. Just beat the Golem, now what?

Also, tiny bug I'd like to report. There's a tile in the beast's forest that looks like a regular tile but is actually a treasure chest!

Pic.

It gives me a "Naveed".