Author Topic: Chrono Crisis Art Contest  (Read 2585 times)

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Chrono Crisis Art Contest
« on: May 19, 2006, 01:31:33 am »
Time to tell you guys about the official Chrono Crisis artwork competition!

[hidden]

[/hidden]

What is it?

Just a fun little game! ^___^ We're going to be selecting a piece of fanart to place somewhere into Chrono Crisis. The winner will also get their name in the credits, and my spriter will make you a personalized sprite. Oh, and we'll probably make you some sort of spiffy banner.

Why is it?

We thought this might be something fun to pass the time for everyone while we're working like mad little puppies on the game. Don't worry--no staff will be entering the contest or anything, so don't feel intimidated to show your stuff!

What counts as art?

Well, just about anything! Digital media, traditional media, painting, sketching, sandart, sprite art, ect...

What should I draw?

Something Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, or Chrono Crisis related. We'd prefer Chrono Crisis, since well, that IS the game. XD But seriously. If you can do some kind of badassed picture of Serge versus Lynx or something, that's fine by me.

Click Read more![hidden]

How do I join?

[hidden]Simply PM your entries to me, along with your alias, if you'd rather be known as something other than your handle on the board.

How long do we have?

1 Month. If this is successful, we may do more. ^__^

I have a question...?

Just post all your questions here, and I'll do my best to answer.

And here's the info you may need on four of our new characters, which BTW, are being redone in a slimmer fashion as you'll notice by the new sprites!

New Character Information   

Xavier (Sprite still in progress)
Eyes: Bright blue
Hair: Blond to Strawberry blond
Outfit: His jacket is dark blue with red trim. Long white shirt underneath it with black trim--it's not tucked in. Pants are black, boots are white with red trim. Gloves are black with red fingertips, and red trim at the tips. Wears a red headband. ^___^ If you decide to draw his weapons, he uses a pair of long swords that would either be crossed acros his back, or at his sides (haven't decided on where he wears his weapons yet)

Matison
Eyes: Purple
Hair: Brown
Outfit: Her dress is a very very light purple, almost to the point of being white. The details on it are darker purple. Belt is brown; her pants are very tight and black. Boots are brown with blue trim. Matison is a fist fighter, and thus her gloves should be a very prominent feature. They're brown with purple.

Celia
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blond (lighter than Xaviers--closer to platinum)
Outfit: Celia is tough. She wears sort of a two teired dress--you'll want to look at the character art closely to see it. XD The top is darker blue, and sort of comes down around her bust and goes behind her. It's longer than the rest of her dress. The remainder of the dress is white to light blue, though I'm thinking of having it fade from light blue to white at the bottom. Boots are white with blue ribbons at the top. She wears a gold necklace with a green gem in the middle. She uses fans to battle.

[hidden]

Vanessa
Eyes: Blue (if you can see them. XD)
Hair: Purple, but maybe showing just the the tiniest bit of gray.
Outfit: Her uniform that she has to wear to school is a simple buisness outfit. The skirt is fairly short for a teacher. She wears a white blouse underneath her jacket, and has blue high heels on. She's also wearing pantyhose.

[/hidden]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:55:41 pm by ZeaLitY »

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
Re: Chrono Crisis Art Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 09:57:24 am »
 o__O Oh my gosh--my horrid demo Xavier sprite is posted here. (Drops everything to complete the finished version)

EDIT: Hee hee hee--I see that Chains copied my original image location! Demo sprite overwritten! XD

If you've already viewed the topic, please refresh your browsers. ^__^

BTW--in case you guys were wondering why the new sprite style... The older ones looked sort of fat to me, and also, this much more closely resembles Trigger's sprites, which is good, because I really want to evoke the same sort of feeling with my graphics. ^^ Not to say Cross's weren't good, but 3D is a bit out of my league. XD
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:05:37 am by Lena Andreia »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »
Sorry to blow this to smithereens. I'll sticky it on the sidebar and make the images and most of the message hidden.

Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 09:23:27 pm »
Sorry to blow this to smithereens. I'll sticky it on the sidebar and make the images and most of the message hidden.

I think it'd be better to sticky a separate news post that references this one.