Author Topic: Inquiry  (Read 2898 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Inquiry
« on: December 10, 2003, 02:21:46 pm »
I have a question which hardly warrants its own full thread, so I tried to find an existing one to piggyback.

À la 1999 A.D., do we have access to a compiled map of 12,000 B.C. before the fall of Zeal? Due to the glaciations in this era, 12,000 B.C. should have more landmass than any other visited period. I don’t expect the creators of the game would have bothered to recognize and implement that detail, but I am curious to see the entire planetary surface (or as much of it as they constructed) before the continents were deluged.

~ Josh

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 02:26:18 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
I have a question which hardly warrants its own full thread, so I tried to find an existing one to piggyback.

À la 1999 A.D., do we have access to a compiled map of 12,000 B.C. before the fall of Zeal? Due to the glaciations in this era, 12,000 B.C. should have more landmass than any other visited period. I don’t expect the creators of the game would have bothered to recognize and implement that detail, but I am curious to see the entire planetary surface (or as much of it as they constructed) before the continents were deluged.

~ Josh

http://www.rpgplanet.com/chrono/images/ct/map-12000.gif

Pureone.

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elkayam.com
Geology
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 07:06:08 pm »
About what you said with relativiy, and it would only be safe to be on the ground, I wanted to know why it would matter, It seems it would be safer in the air, because the geology doesn't change in chrono trigger, therefore on return it will still be in the air, not in a mountain.

Akuma

Adherence of Epoch to planetary position
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 07:21:25 pm »
Well you can't really use a theory about the planet rotating as it is always day time whenever you are in the Epoch in Chrono Trigger. Unless you count that forest fire scene, but you're not in the Epoch.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Adherence of Epoch to planetary position
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 08:54:23 pm »
I see that as more of a type of game mechanics...I don't think they could have properly shown the progression of night and day as you were in the Epoch...

Theory on the Adherence (did I get that right?): Perhaps the Epoch has a sustainable gravitation that increases as it travels faster and faster, thusly attracting it toward the earth and not zooming off into space. Since this gravitation would not increase friction, it would not slow the Epoch down.

Hmm? Would that work? Based on devices I thought up for a crappy story of mine. Although I'm sure it's not original...And it probably DOESN'T make sense...