Author Topic: Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!  (Read 14597 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2006, 05:46:52 pm »
There's no real hard evidence to support anything, I'm afraid. But again I call the question of whether Guardia actually fell in the sense that they are no longer a power. There's evidence in the game to support the idea that Guardia "merely" suffered a massacre, and was able to rebound. Had the the royalty been killed, it is unlikely that they would be able to restore themselves to a level where they were even mentioned in the short 15(?) or so years that they were given.

So my assumption is either:

A. King Guardia was killed, but Crono and Marle lived.
B. King Guardia and Crono were killed, but Marle lived
C. Crono was killed (again), but King Guardia and Marle lived.
D. All of the above were killed, but they had a son => Unlikely, as even if Marle had been near the end of her pregnancy during the events of CT (which she couldn't have been, since she would need to be pregnant in the first place) the child would only have been able to be 5 (If I remember, the "fall" was 1005? Or was it 1007? If it was the latter than the child would be 7), which doesn't leave good odds for the kingdom.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2006, 07:31:14 pm »
There's no real hard evidence to support anything, I'm afraid. But again I call the question of whether Guardia actually fell in the sense that they are no longer a power. There's evidence in the game to support the idea that Guardia "merely" suffered a massacre, and was able to rebound. Had the the royalty been killed, it is unlikely that they would be able to restore themselves to a level where they were even mentioned in the short 15(?) or so years that they were given.

So my assumption is either:

A. King Guardia was killed, but Crono and Marle lived.
B. King Guardia and Crono were killed, but Marle lived
C. Crono was killed (again), but King Guardia and Marle lived.
D. All of the above were killed, but they had a son => Unlikely, as even if Marle had been near the end of her pregnancy during the events of CT (which she couldn't have been, since she would need to be pregnant in the first place) the child would only have been able to be 5 (If I remember, the "fall" was 1005? Or was it 1007? If it was the latter than the child would be 7), which doesn't leave good odds for the kingdom.
dude... kid was a day old and left in the woods. lucca could've taken care of the child. she DID run an orphanage.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2006, 08:42:55 pm »
But would said heir have been able to lead the kingdom back to glory in 15-esque years? Probably not.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2006, 09:05:03 pm »
But would said heir have been able to lead the kingdom back to glory in 15-esque years? Probably not.
didn't say that part. just saying an heir is possible.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:29 am »
Who said it was back to glory? Radius claims the exact opposite when he says Guardia is no longer the peaceful country it used to be.

But who knows for the heir. Maybe the kingdom is ruled by a regent. Or maybe it's actually ruled by someone that the Porreans chose themselves, making the kingdom a protectorate of Porre like Judea was to Rome or Manchuria was to Japan... or like El Nido is to Porre (though Viper is "Governor" not king).

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2006, 02:19:14 pm »
Chrono Cross seems to indicate that Porre still views Guardia as a threat in some form or another. After all, when Porre is said to be seeking the flame to use against the other strong countries of the world, I don't really see that many options. Medina is more peaceful than anything, Choras...maybe, but it seemed more like a colony of Guardia than anything.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2006, 03:12:27 pm »
Chrono Cross seems to indicate that Porre still views Guardia as a threat in some form or another. After all, when Porre is said to be seeking the flame to use against the other strong countries of the world, I don't really see that many options. Medina is more peaceful than anything, Choras...maybe, but it seemed more like a colony of Guardia than anything.

Porre seemed like a backwater colony of Guardia in 1000 AD.  It is safe to assume that the "towns" in CT are world powers.

inode

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2006, 02:37:29 am »
About the Chrono, Marle, and Lucca:

I'm pretty sure they're dead.  Kid's reaction to what 'ghost' Lucca on the beach says is a strong enough indication to me that there is no evidence to the contrary.

About Porre:

It does seem astonishing how such a small town could grow to be a nation that would ultimately overthrow Guardia, but anything is possible given the right set of circumstances.  Sadly, nothing in the game reveals the mystery behind how it was that Porre was able to amass such power in such a short time.  After all, they had guns and much more advanced technology than their rivals did.  If I remember correctly, Masato Kato had mentioned in an interview that this backstory was cut because it had little to do with the main plot of Chrono Cross and possibly also due to software limitations at the time.  Whether this had anything to do with the CT heros' disapperance is completely unknown.  Kato seemed to hint that it did but didn't give an inkling as to how which is another mystery we can't close the door on until another CT/CC sequel comes out.  Cross your fingers...

Quote from GaryLensman:
"Porre seemed like a backwater colony of Guardia in 1000 AD.  It is safe to assume that the "towns" in CT are world powers."

It seems to me that some towns in CT could very well be 'backwater colonies', so's to speak.  There's nothing that suggets that they are world powers just game relevant locations.  I mean who are we to say?  Since there's no game evidence to support either claim, one could rationalize any assertion.  Until we hear differently, how do we know?  If Porre rose to such power, then something or someone clearly had to intervene, but it's not explained who or what caused this.  Somehow they managed to obtain technology that was years ahead of their time and in under a hundred years grew from the peaceful town in CT to a world-dominating military power that apparently has a monopoly on the element trading industry.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2006, 05:04:24 am »

I'm pretty sure they're dead.  Kid's reaction to what 'ghost' Lucca on the beach says is a strong enough indication to me that there is no evidence to the contrary.

About Porre:

It does seem astonishing how such a small town could grow to be a nation that would ultimately overthrow Guardia, but anything is possible given the right set of circumstances.  Sadly, nothing in the game reveals the mystery behind how it was that Porre was able to amass such power in such a short time.  After all, they had guns and much more advanced technology than their rivals did.  If I remember correctly, Masato Kato had mentioned in an interview that this backstory was cut because it had little to do with the main plot of Chrono Cross and possibly also due to software limitations at the time.  Whether this had anything to do with the CT heros' disapperance is completely unknown.  Kato seemed to hint that it did but didn't give an inkling as to how which is another mystery we can't close the door on until another CT/CC sequel comes out.  Cross your fingers...

Quote from GaryLensman:
"Porre seemed like a backwater colony of Guardia in 1000 AD.  It is safe to assume that the "towns" in CT are world powers."

It seems to me that some towns in CT could very well be 'backwater colonies', so's to speak.  There's nothing that suggets that they are world powers just game relevant locations.  I mean who are we to say?  Since there's no game evidence to support either claim, one could rationalize any assertion.  Until we hear differently, how do we know?  If Porre rose to such power, then something or someone clearly had to intervene, but it's not explained who or what caused this.  Somehow they managed to obtain technology that was years ahead of their time and in under a hundred years grew from the peaceful town in CT to a world-dominating military power that apparently has a monopoly on the element trading industry.

Then how do you explain this.

Quote from: Miguel
Don't let it bother you.
   It's just a distant echo
   from ones far gone...
   It's just an illusion.
If you just look the details in CC clearly, You'll find out that there are some of evidence and circumstances that THEY ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!

By the way, read the conversation of Miguel in the Geddon Tower and examine Kid's drawing in "The flaming Orphanage." And lastly, read my tread in page 4 in this topic to get my point about "The flaming Orphanage."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 05:06:22 am by Magus068 »

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2006, 05:49:38 am »
keyword: you.

Lol 4 auntz n' unclez
branches end or go into new trees with aunt, and uncles have to bear male children to carry on leanage.  if you look at family tree, you see that they only count if they were part of a offshoot of your leanage. if the line goes beyond you, your line ends and their line continues, and you only count as an offshoot branch, not part of actual leanage. Its only used to show the complete tree to the point where your located. otherwise, we'd have an awesomely huge tree to include all the sur families.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2006, 11:18:39 am »

About Porre:

Quote from GaryLensman:

Then how do you explain this.

Quote from: Miguel
Don't let it bother you.
   It's just a distant echo
   from ones far gone...
   It's just an illusion.
If you just look the details in CC clearly, You'll find out that there are some of evidence and circumstances that THEY ARE ALIVE!!!!!!!

By the way, read the conversation of Miguel in the Geddon Tower and examine Kid's drawing in "The flaming Orphanage." And lastly, read my tread in page 4 in this topic to get my point about "The flaming Orphanage."

Maybe if you read carefully, especially at Opassa beach at what Lucca said, then you'd realise that she is dead and is speaking to Kid because she was once alive with her, but can't be there with her for any longer.
Also, mind you that Terra Tower is also said to be an echo in  time. The only problem is that its not, since its from another dimension, so you can't always take the script seriously, just like how it was said that Belthasar fell into a dimensional vortex.. not a time gate.

[Lucca]
   Sorry for making you sad,
   Kid...
   You see, we no longer
   exist in this time line.
   But it is a relief to see
   that you have grown into
   such a fine looking lady!
   But of course you're
   beautiful! After all...
   you're the Great Lucca's
   '"little sister!"'

Kid:
   Sis...

Well good luck, Kid!
   Give it your best shot!
   Show us, the life-forms
   that exist on this planet,
   what our new future will
   be...

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2006, 02:58:27 pm »
Don't let it bother you.
   It's just a distant echo
   from ones far gone...
   It's just an illusion.

If you could provide some evidence to how they're alive, that'd be great, since it's still a topic that even the experts of the Compendium continue to hotly debate. I bet it's just the same evidence we've always had and you're just getting some bullocks interpretation out of it because of your clearcut bias.

As for that quote, it can mean a lot of things. Notice how it says "From ones FAR GONE." Snap. As for Illusion, maybe Miguel doesn't believe in ghosts, or maybe the images were conjured by the Entity.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2006, 06:25:37 pm »
I myself think they're dead, but as for Lucca, i'll hold onto the idea that after the unification, she's a live again.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2006, 02:50:18 am »
As for that quote, it can mean a lot of things. Notice how it says "From ones FAR GONE." Snap. As for Illusion, maybe Miguel doesn't believe in ghosts, or maybe the images were conjured by the Entity.

My post before this was just like yours.

Question . . . why would Crono/Lucca/Marle resemble children?

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2006, 03:01:07 am »
Could people stop putting the "ENTITY" in every Chrono related topic. one.. it gets annoying and two... I don't feel like hearing about titties. i don't care if it is an ENtitty. Kidding!!!