Author Topic: Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!  (Read 14613 times)

Aerik

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:05:39 pm »
I was reading alot of the theory and conjecture, and I remember at one point, it was agreed by popular vote that the Chrono Team, which includes Lucca, Marle, Magus, Glenn, Ayla, and Robo, cannot cross dimensions from the original timeline (Another world) into the dimensional timeline in which the future is still ruined (Home World).  And yet, as several have pointed out, Kato told us himself that the Prometheus Circuit is Robo

Don't you see the glaring inconsistency with the assumption that ppl in the "Another World" dimension before 1010 can't cross into "Home World?"  If that were true, Robo would not have been able to work with Belthesar and become the Prometheus Circuit.  It could be argued that some version of "Prometheus," what Robo was before he became Robo, but we have agreed to take what Kato says as fact.  For the Prometheus Circuit to be Robo, as Kato says, the Chrono Team must have full ability to cross between dimensions.

This naturally gives more credence some obvious solutions to certain Home World characters' resemblance to Chrono Team characters.  Magil is obviously Magus, and Miguel (with his ludicrous power and Luminaire attack) is obviously Crono.  Would not the simplest theory be that FATE rewrote their memories in the Home World dimension?

Or at least it tried.  Magil still somewhat acts like Magus, and Miquel is fully aware of who the Ghost Children are, even his own ghost.  No amount of memory insurrection could ever explain to the Chrono Team members why they are so damned powerful.

It seems to me that Miguel did spend some of his life searching out his lost memories to explain why he is so powerful, yet unnaturally inclined not to be a hero like he used to be.  Let's assume Belthesar still has some role for them to play.  What would he have Miguel do?  It seems he would have Miguel be in just the right place, time, and inclination to bring Serge to the Chronopolis so that Serge becomes the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame.

We can hash that all out later.  But with "Miguel" and "Magil" being more concerned with their own mysterious past and being afraid to use power to change the world, that still leaves the mystery of what the original Chrono Team has been up to.

I do not remember reading/hearing any reason why FATE has access to a dimension where the Reptites won out over the humans.  It seems to me that could only happen if Lavos was prevented from landing on the planet at all.  That would require an exhaustive.."pre-emptive" effort to stop Lavos in space.  I'm sure we can come up with a lot of fascinating conjecture as to how they would do this, and how this may connect to the fact that there is a second moon in Home World.  Could that second moon merely be a space station set up by Belthesar?  could it be this satellite that was the instrument to creatte the Lithosphere Atmosphere Reports?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:54:34 pm »
I do not remember reading/hearing any reason why FATE has access to a dimension where the Reptites won out over the humans.  It seems to me that could only happen if Lavos was prevented from landing on the planet at all.  That would require an exhaustive.."pre-emptive" effort to stop Lavos in space.  I'm sure we can come up with a lot of fascinating conjecture as to how they would do this, and how this may connect to the fact that there is a second moon in Home World.  Could that second moon merely be a space station set up by Belthesar?  could it be this satellite that was the instrument to creatte the Lithosphere Atmosphere Reports?

I like this theory a lot. We don't know much about Harle or the Dark Moon Dragon, rather yet the Dragon itself. Perhaps it could be some sort future station from the "future" looking over everything on Earth.

I question everything else you have stated along with the Crono team. They are dead. It is impossible for them to be alive as stated by Miguel. Also, why would Kato put in little children resembling Lucca, Marle and Crono? Why not just their teenage bodies? We don't know for sure, but what we do know is that sometime around the Fall of Guardia, our original team was killed. Are you saying they are still alive in another world?

One more thing, where are you getting the whole Magil/Magus thing from. You are aware that Magil does not correspond to CC one bit. He was in RD and only in RD as a masked magician hiding and not revieling his true identity. On what basis have you incorporated Magil/Magus along with Miguel being Crono in CC?

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 02:00:38 pm »
I was reading alot of the theory and conjecture, and I remember at one point, it was agreed by popular vote that the Chrono Team, which includes Lucca, Marle, Magus, Glenn, Ayla, and Robo, cannot cross dimensions from the original timeline (Another world) into the dimensional timeline in which the future is still ruined (Home World).  And yet, as several have pointed out, Kato told us himself that the Prometheus Circuit is Robo

Don't you see the glaring inconsistency with the assumption that ppl in the "Another World" dimension before 1010 can't cross into "Home World?"  If that were true, Robo would not have been able to work with Belthesar and become the Prometheus Circuit.  It could be argued that some version of "Prometheus," what Robo was before he became Robo, but we have agreed to take what Kato says as fact.  For the Prometheus Circuit to be Robo, as Kato says, the Chrono Team must have full ability to cross between dimensions.

This naturally gives more credence some obvious solutions to certain Home World characters' resemblance to Chrono Team characters.  Magil is obviously Magus, and Miguel (with his ludicrous power and Luminaire attack) is obviously Crono.  Would not the simplest theory be that FATE rewrote their memories in the Home World dimension?

Or at least it tried.  Magil still somewhat acts like Magus, and Miquel is fully aware of who the Ghost Children are, even his own ghost.  No amount of memory insurrection could ever explain to the Chrono Team members why they are so damned powerful.

It seems to me that Miguel did spend some of his life searching out his lost memories to explain why he is so powerful, yet unnaturally inclined not to be a hero like he used to be.  Let's assume Belthesar still has some role for them to play.  What would he have Miguel do?  It seems he would have Miguel be in just the right place, time, and inclination to bring Serge to the Chronopolis so that Serge becomes the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame.

We can hash that all out later.  But with "Miguel" and "Magil" being more concerned with their own mysterious past and being afraid to use power to change the world, that still leaves the mystery of what the original Chrono Team has been up to.

there are so many things wrong with this it isn't funny.

Miguel is leena's father, gone missing the same dad as Serge's dad wazuki. Wazuki became lynx, miguel stayed with the planet's dream children (the CT ghosts.) in a seperate dimension. Miguel has never been crono, nor does he use luminare: serge does.

Magil from RD is magus from CT, but magil never makes it to CC, and thusly, isn't in either dimension. Since promethus is techinically from the dimension that didn't turn to shit, of course he would be in chronopolis.

Dinopolis came as a counter to the time crash, and the two dimension states warred for supremecy, where FATE won and held their power in check. (haha you cannot fight fate... >.> <.<) Dinopolis exists in a dimension where lavos simply just didn't come and kill off the reptites like he did in CT, landing square in their base.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 07:43:20 pm »
Nothing states all of the CT Chars are dead.
And I think he meant Guile in CC being(or was supposed to be) Magus.
The rest is just to confusing at the moment...

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:02:56 pm »
Nothing states all of the CT Chars are dead.
And I think he meant Guile in CC being(or was supposed to be) Magus.
The rest is just to confusing at the moment...
will if they aren't, their pretty clever for turning into ghosts in both homeworld and another world.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:10 pm »
i' think they were going to use Magus in CC, but it's a pretty complex story if you look at it, so they just left him be pulled janus from the scene and clouded the story up. I'm thinkin Magus was orginally in the CC story, but the plot line was just too deep.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 02:54:15 am »
Crono and Marle = Probably dead
Lucca = Definately dead
Robo = Perhaps dead, though technically wouldn't even be built yet either way you look at it.
Frog and Ayla = Dead
Magus = Probably dead

Of course, after the Timeline Reunification, Crono, Marle, Lucca, and possibly/maybe Robo are alive again due to good stuff happening :D

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 03:23:55 am »
Crono and Marle = Probably dead
Lucca = Definately dead
Robo = Perhaps dead, though technically wouldn't even be built yet either way you look at it.
Frog and Ayla = Dead
Magus = Probably dead

Of course, after the Timeline Reunification, Crono, Marle, Lucca, and possibly/maybe Robo are alive again due to good stuff happening :D
and magus probably isn't dead if the astral amulet kid uses is his.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 04:15:47 am »
...but it's probably not since Kid's Astral Amulet is a "medicine bag" pouch with a piece of wood inside, while Magus' Amulet was a chain with a metal ornament for his thight.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 04:18:06 am »
...but it's probably not since Kid's Astral Amulet is a "medicine bag" pouch with a piece of wood inside, while Magus' Amulet was a chain with a metal ornament for his thight.
its not a medicine bag: its a pouch used to hold a wooden amulet inside. the amulet itself, inside the bag, is speculated to be magus', which was original worn around the hip with the help of a chain metal. the amulet magus uses is actually wood..

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 04:24:29 am »
Medicine Bag is just the Japanese name. I know there's a wooden stuff inside (though it's never stated that it's a wooden "amulet"). Magus' Amulet sure doesn't look like wood... and it's too big to put in a small pouch.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 04:36:20 am »
Hmm..

Marle : Possibly Dead
Crono : As above.
Frog : Died like 400 years earlier.
Ayla : Is long dead.
Robo : Was deleted, hence he is dead. Since it is speculated, well actually the truth, that Belthasar took Robo (who went into the future) and turned him into the Prometheus Circuit, The Robo we knew is dead. A new Robo being built may not happen, or if it does, he'll obviously be different.
Magus : Alive. Lucca's letter was designed to introduce him, and obviously hints that he is looking for Kid or knows that she is alive and maybe gave her the amulet etc. Though, from a times perspective, he should be dead in 12,000BC or 600AD. Though with their powers of time travel, Belthasar and Magus may both not be dead at any one point.
Lucca: Another World's Lucca is definitely Dead. Home's may not. Home's cant take Lucca across dimensions, hence it's doubtful. Also, Kid isn't on El Nido. I'm not sure if Radical Dreamers is known in Home World, but if it is, and Lucca is alive, it'd make sence if it was a vigilante group against Porre or something, run by Lucca with Kid etc.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 08:33:13 am »
It is possible that Crono and Marle may have left Guardia before Porre's invasion? Maybe they build a resistance in order to reconquer it *thinks of a Chrono Brake story*
*shouts like a child* Noooo...they can't be dead  :lee:

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 08:10:30 pm »
Miguel said Crono, Marle, and Lucca were long dead. In the Orphanage cutscene, where did Lynx and Harle take THAT Lucca since Serge went back in time and changed the past? With the utmost respect for Crono and Marle, I don't know if they could still be alive. Is Miguel's statement still genuine?

Magus can traverse time with his magic powers, including where angels loose their way. It is entirely up to us whether or not we believe Magus was in El Nido watching over Kid or in 12,000BC looking for Schala. I remember Kid mentioning that she always seemed to always get hurt, but wake up some place safe and unscathed. However, I have thought that perhaps sometime during Kid and Lucca's life at the Orphanage way before the incident with Lynx, Magus appeared before Lucca having returned from 12,000BC somehow knowing of Kid's presence. He gave her the Astral Amulet from either his possession or from the remnants of a Zeal wreckage that he found in his search that belonged to Schala. I think that the Zeal pendant had something to do with Magus being drawn to that specific timeline of maybe say around 1005AD - 1010AD range when Kid was still a child. Magus probably offered his help or protection for Kid but Lucca probably denied Magus's help in being with Kid, as it would be a shock to her for what he really was and his interferance could have repercussions. Rather, Lucca told him to look over and guide Kid on her future path, having believed that somehting might happen to Lucca herself in the near future.

ChibiBob

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 08:51:23 pm »
Eh, I honestly doubt that a) Janus is dead (since like Zaper said, Lucca alluded to his presence in her letter) and b) even if he were alive, he'd be watching that closely over Kid. It's cruel, but true — Kid is only a clone. I believe Janus would much rather search for the real McCoy than resign himself to the fact that Kid is probably the closest he'll ever come to meeting his sister again. Hopefully if/when the next game in the Chrono series comes out, it'll fill in quite possibly the most annoying hanging plot irresolution in the history of RPGs. Besides, if one watches the Final Fantasy Chronicles FMV, Kid is found with Schala's pendant already on her person — I seriously doubt that Janus would just give his infant niece-clone the pendant and than leave her in the wilderness to fend for herself until Lucca stumbles onto her. The pendant is most likely a gift from Schala to her daughter-clone, to protect the child as it protected the mother.

AND Squeenix killed the whole Guile = Janus-watching-out-for-big-sister's-daughter-clone plot thread anyway — who knows what they have in store for Janus and Schala now? I doubt they'd continue on with Janus watching over Kid now that Schala's been freed from the Time Devourer and the two have been reunited, unless they'd like to remake Chrono Cross (hey, I'm not complaining).

Other nitpicky things:

- The Radical Dreamers are, in fact, operating in Home World as well — the guy completely off his rocker taking English tea in this appropriately-rated Teen game in Orcha's restaurant mentions them as working on the mainland, basically repeating his Another counterpart's exact words.

- Lucca is, more than likely, dead in both worlds. If I remember correctly, the Lynx in both worlds attacked the orphanage and kidnapped Lucca, although I doubt they had the same motivation, considering Another's Lynx was after the disabling of the Prometheus Lock and Home's Lynx didn't even have a Chronopolis to muck around in. And besides, even if others feel they're more abberations than anything else, I still believe the children at the Liberty bell Nadia's Bell and the DBT's Angelus Errare are the ghosts of the Chrono Team, reverted to childhood because, I don't know, they're inordinantly cute or something.

- On the same tangent, Crono and Marle are also most likely dead — I hate to say it, but it's wishful thinking that they survived the Porrean attack on Guardia. I keep thinking of the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 Russia and how the royal family was eventually killed, to ensure that no resistance movements sympathetic to their cause rise up and try to retake the country.

- Finally, that damn moon question again! — I'm 99% positive that when the Time Crash pulled Chronopolis back to whatever arbitrary date has been settled on lately (7600BC or what have you), Dinopolis was pulled back as well to counterbalance the humans' construct along with its red moon, representing the power of the Reptites and their Dragonian descendants or some such nonsense. The white, yellow, cream-cheesy moon is the moon that has always existed throughout the timelines we've witnessed in the Chrono series; the red moon is the Reptite moon, reflecting a time when Lavos hadn't stuck his big nose into everybody's business. It's all symbolism, Red Moon v. White Moon, Dragonians and Nature v. Man and Technology.