Author Topic: guess on the offical canon to CC  (Read 2389 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
guess on the offical canon to CC
« on: May 12, 2006, 12:23:33 am »
Is it ever stated with one of the plot points to CT was used as the offical canon to CC. on the one hand, since magus is considered alive and well (well, thought to be at least) that negates that fight at the ruined 12,000,000 bc timeline.
But what about machines like epoch and the rest? which way did CC's crono go before killing lavos. Is the epoch still around in use, did he hide it? Did they use it to punch a hole in lavos, thus making them stuck in their timeline?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: guess on the offical canon to CC
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:02:52 am »
When presented with this problem in video games, the best course of action is to 1. Look for developer statements or 2. Go with the best ending. Though the Crono and Marle balloon ride is very nice, the Epoch trip is usually considered the best.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:04 am »
I'd like to see an ending where everyone leave... And then Crono's mom runs in. But they can't save her, because they busted the Epoch. How will Crono live on? As usual, of course, seeing as his mother didn't do anything. And with King Guardia forever stuck on the bell, Crono and Marle are free to marry.

So said Alfador. So it shall be.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 06:51:29 pm »
I always counted the Black Omen the cannon way to defeat Lavos.
1. If the Black Omen isn't manually destroyed, it'll just sink back under the waves and one day will be found to prove that Zeal exists, which never happened.
2. Going through it, you can get directly to Lavos without him surfacing, which is what happened in 1999AD because nobody from there has any record of his surfacing, and this is why Chronopolis had to run parallel world tests and look into the Dead Sea about Lavos. Hence they came to the conclusion that they live on a timeline that was saved and wasn't just normal.
3. The Black Omen appears at a cannon stage in the game, so yeah.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 08:36:07 pm »
Zaperking's points make the most sense...  I agree also, because it teleports you right to Lavos to face him in the PD.

Tyrant Heart

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:36:32 pm »
The only record of Lavos's rise in CC was in the dead sea, which was the ruined future.

However in Chronopolis they make mention of Lavos and his effect on the human Genome.

Edit: However I doubt the extra New Game+ endings are cannon. In most cases all the sidequests completed; the black omen ending would be it, where they all go back to their original timelines, and Janus/Magus searches for Schala.
Though either way the Epoch is broken down for parts; and everyone returns to their timelines.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:40:03 pm by Tyrant Heart »

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:36 am »
here's a better question: how the hell did crono and co. get out of the temporal vortex where lavos was?

Serge had Schala to help, but crono was like: meh, were back!

ChibiBob

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:36:41 am »
here's a better question: how the hell did crono and co. get out of the temporal vortex where lavos was?

Actually, that's a question I've been wondering about myself. I guess we could easily chalk it all up to plot convenience, but then again, when has the Chrono Compendium ever condoned that? :d The Entity itself might have pulled Crono and company from the collapsing vortex, since the defeat of Lavos would inevitably lead to the planet's regaining enough power to use a deus ex machina. Or perhaps the vortex would reverse itself in an attempt to stabilize the massive amount of spiky-shelled matter being absorbed, in effect depositing Crono outside where it had originally drawn them in.

Just hypothesizing.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 03:35:11 am »

Actually, that's a question I've been wondering about myself. I guess we could easily chalk it all up to plot convenience, but then again, when has the Chrono Compendium ever condoned that? :d The Entity itself might have pulled Crono and company from the collapsing vortex, since the defeat of Lavos would inevitably lead to the planet's regaining enough power to use a deus ex machina. Or perhaps the vortex would reverse itself in an attempt to stabilize the massive amount of spiky-shelled matter being absorbed, in effect depositing Crono outside where it had originally drawn them in.

Just hypothesizing.
.... I love you.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 04:09:05 am »
It's quite simple, really. See, Crono is the physical manifestation of the Frozen Flame's thirst for independance. Upon the destruction of Lavos, he has officially proven that his will is stronger, and oblierates Lavos's consciousness. Now, in possession of Lavos's temporal powers, he simply resets the vortex, sending everyone home.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 03:22:58 am »

Just hypothesizing.

What we see after the defeat of the Lavos core suggests the latter, actually.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 04:26:11 am »
Did you ever think maybe they just said Ok that was fun and walked out of there with their FICTIONAL power. It wasn't an " I did it on purpose to see if someone will argue over this" type thing.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 05:06:46 am »
Did you ever think maybe they just said Ok that was fun and walked out of there with their FICTIONAL power. It wasn't an " I did it on purpose to see if someone will argue over this" type thing.
that's the type of shit you DONT let writers get away with.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 08:21:14 am »

You must've thoroughly enjoyed the Terminator series, if you find that to be acceptable logic.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 08:52:19 am »
All we can say for certain is that the final fight with Lavos did not result in him leaving his pocket dimension, or whatever, since there are no records of him at all after 1999AD.

As for Crono and co being sent back, if the final Lavos humanoid had the power of traversing time, and like how when he's defeated we see things from the timestream flash, maybe they got sent back to where they belonged in the timestream.