Author Topic: Look for someone to help with website design  (Read 4800 times)

grey_the_angel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Look for someone to help with website design
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:24:31 pm »
I need two standard html templates made for the comic site, one for the index template and another for the daily template.

The index template is the intial template seen on the website I.E. when you type in the url. The daily is for backlogging all other pages I.E. every comic past the today's comic.

I cannot pay, but I will grant admin to work on the site to work on it and post your own little mini blogs.

Comic genesis, however, is unique in that it uses a variety of ***tags*** in which while writing the template, even on a preview level, typing ***keyword/s/*** will pull up erase whatever is written and thrown in certain tags/url/html codes in its place.

an example: if I write ***advertisement*** it will be replaced by a internet billboard.

a list of tags can be found here :http://maniacaladvantage.comicgenesis.com/keenwork/updated_taglossary.html

There are a couple of main tags to make the site work, but like with everything, all tags can be bypassed and replaced with people's own creations, its really a matter of convence..

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
Re: Look for someone to help with website design
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:40:51 am »
I have a pic that I could give.

[attachment deleted by admin]

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:08:24 am »
I have a pic that I could give.
to be frank not a bad design it dosnt offend the eye and has good stability as a image but as i said frankly the editing job sucks ass no offense.

personally i would use the book from the opening as the main image and a few other things happily ripped from missing piece.

if you need editing and stuff done ill do it now that my exams are over (die histroy and geo DIE)
if you want some editing advice ill give it to you corey you seem to have decent skill in the design aspects of it all but lack skills to put that to uses atm, good job though.
(note i self taugh myself this so dont think i have a upper hand becaause of courses =p )

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 09:26:15 am »
Well Saridon, I do in fact have the capability of making a good pic. But I was limited in time and had to do something quick.

Plus I thought the emboss effect was rather interesting. I could redo it in a better quality.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 09:28:29 am by Corey Taylor »

grey_the_angel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:20:25 pm »
Well Saridon, I do in fact have the capability of making a good pic. But I was limited in time and had to do something quick.

Plus I thought the emboss effect was rather interesting. I could redo it in a better quality.
you were limited in time?
how so? I didn't stick any time limit on this.

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 11:43:52 pm »
I was in school during the time I was making that and first block was going faster and faster. PLus I am officially expelled from school. But with the help of my fellow classmates, I can get the expulsion lifted and get that evil teacher fired!