Author Topic: Welcome, welcome!  (Read 119244 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, welcome!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 09:40:15 am »
... damn, you, Balthasar! Ugh! I DID pay attention... sorta... but this time through, I've decided that as soon as I get the Chrono Cross I'm fighting that thing... AND I AM FREEING SCHALA!

Honestly, my first time through, I thought the Chrono Cross was just to restore your Elements. And it DID do that. So... yeah. Good for me, double the Flying Arrow and double the LightninRod and... more HealAlls! (I LOVE MY HEALALLS.)

MRPGfan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 11:14:38 pm »
hello, i'm MRPGfan and i'm new here, so i decided to say "hello, i'm MRPGfan and i'm new here" to everyone.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 11:19:57 pm »
Well come.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 11:23:07 am »
Well, Schala has been freed and now (this is good for me and my siblings) we're thinking of selling Chrono Cross. I do NOT want to sit through all that again... when I finally beat the bloody game, I was missing 9 characters. Oh, well.

... who here knew the Mastermune was weaker than Serge's Rainbow weapon?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 06:43:43 pm »
The Mastermune/Rainbow Swallow thing can be debated as much as Crono's Shiva Edge/Rainbow Sword, really...The Mastermune & Shiva Edge are if you're up for critical hits, but the Rainbow weapons are your all-arounders because they have the greatest Power ratings.

Anyways...you won't get through the game with all the characters in any event because there are character branches at two points in the game and you can only have Harle in the end via New Game+. Play it again on New Game+! The Time Shifter makes it all a lot easier to get through...ALL games featuring a New Game+ should have a freakin Time Shifter, now that I think about it...

And seriously, sell it? It's a PSX game and it had two Greatest Hits runs. It's not scarce so you might as well keep it. If you're planning on selling it, do what I'll eventually do and bundle it w/Chrono Trigger & FFChronicles! :P

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 09:13:27 pm »
Hmm...... Honestly, I don't want to go through another Chrono Cross kick. I mean, the monies can go towards buying Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney...

OBJECTION!

... shut up, Edgeworth...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 02:23:01 pm »
That's the point though: what monies?

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 02:29:27 pm »
The monies teaflower thinks she will obtain from selling Cross (and which you seem to think are negligible). Heh, now you have another quote to answer a quote.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2007, 02:48:18 pm »
I can dream, yes? I want to be able to say, "Take THAT, Edgeworth! Hahaha!!!" ... although my sis will take the monies 'cause SHE bought it.

But other than the monies, we see no reason to keep it around. My brother has never even dreamed of playing Trigger, my sister got a bit stuck and thinks the whole series is crap, and I DO NOT WANT TO GO ON ANOTHER KICK. Seriously! I'd rather go on a vicious Sly Cooper kick! (FEAR THE RACCOON...) Once is enough for me! Even TWICE is fine! (Thank you, V_Translanka, for telling me that something spiffy would happen if I used the Chrono Cross correctly, it triggered a second kick of Chrono Cross...) But three is too much.

(by the way, a 'kick' is when you play something nonstop. Kicks in our house often consist of vicious Sly kicks, Puzzle League kicks (almost as fearsome), and the occasional Final Fantasy kick. To date, I am the ONLY one in the house to have gone on a Chrono Cross kick...)

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 02:52:21 pm »
Ah! Kicks are referred to as "sit-downs" in my neck of the wood.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2007, 02:53:21 pm »
Kicks are referred to as "sit-downs" in my neck of the wood.
Never HEARD of that term before... oh, well. As long as you understand what I mean.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 04:41:32 pm »
Also referred to as binges, spells, sprees, and bathroom-break-onlys.

But there's also all those tiny scenes of Character Development you'll only get if you take just the right character(s) to just the right place/person at just the right time! And, hey, you'll never know down the line, you might get nostalgic for some Chrono love...you are in a Chrono forum, y'know?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2007, 07:21:17 pm »
Good point... plus, I need to stop taking Guile everywhere I go. What REALLY hurt my first time through was when you go see the Dragoons in the bar and Guile is hiding back there. He says he can't go with you and I cry inside.

Although, Chrono is keeping me from... Chrono! I HAPPEN to be at the Undersea Palace in Chrono Trigger and guess what my Dream Splash thing is about? Yeah, I'm wonderously stuck. And everytime I boot up the emulator, I say, 'My story doesn't have it happen like that! AAAAAAGH! *sobangstweep* Oh, well. Let's play Chrono Trigger!' It's frustrating for me. And I've picked up the Earthbound ROM... and I so terribly want to play Soul Calibur... ANGRIFYING!!!

... plus, I haven't really felt like writing lately...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007, 08:13:54 pm »
Good point... plus, I need to stop taking Guile everywhere I go. What REALLY hurt my first time through was when you go see the Dragoons in the bar and Guile is hiding back there. He says he can't go with you and I cry inside.

Although, Chrono is keeping me from... Chrono! I HAPPEN to be at the Undersea Palace in Chrono Trigger and guess what my Dream Splash thing is about? Yeah, I'm wonderously stuck. And everytime I boot up the emulator, I say, 'My story doesn't have it happen like that! AAAAAAGH! *sobangstweep* Oh, well. Let's play Chrono Trigger!' It's frustrating for me. And I've picked up the Earthbound ROM... and I so terribly want to play Soul Calibur... ANGRIFYING!!!

:shock: This is vary interesting, the way you type is vary close to the way I speak in person. I have never in my life seen it in writing before, its quite fascinating to say the least. I never try and think about what I say when talking, its never as pure when one does that, but when typing I am forced to analyze what and how to say what I am saying.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2007, 09:00:36 pm »

:shock: This is vary interesting, the way you type is vary close to the way I speak in person. I have never in my life seen it in writing before, its quite fascinating to say the least. I never try and think about what I say when talking, its never as pure when one does that, but when typing I am forced to analyze what and how to say what I am saying.
I'ts very hard to... wait...

YOU USED THE WRONG VERY.

... excuse me! When I type, it's sort of like word vomit, where what I think just sort of comes, but it might just be because I type really fast. But many times, when I look back at my typed freehand I say, 'OMGZ, what in the world are they thinking when I type that?!' So, I delete half of it.

Thank you for the comment, by the way!

You know, somehow this thread has gone from me saying 'Hi!' to 'I type funny.'