Author Topic: Welcome, welcome!  (Read 120388 times)

marcychildknight

• Iokan (+1)
  • I love Chrono Cross and Marcy is my favorite
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross fansite
Re: Welcome, welcome!
« Reply #570 on: October 28, 2015, 03:48:01 am »
I love Chrono Cross and i wanted to do something to keep the memory alive. Im glad that everyone are enjoying my gifs because i planning to gifs the entire game and of course also chrono trigger :)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2018, 07:28:23 pm »
Hello! I just wanted to say hi! I've been playing CT since it first came out and it never occured to me to see if there was a forum online. Oops. LOL Anyway, I'm glad to be here and to be with fellow CT lovers! I'm reading through some of the articles now which I'm finding to be very interesting. Long live CT!!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2018, 01:06:03 am »
Hi there, PrincessNadia78!

This is definitely the hub for Chrono Trigger and is a wonderful place. It's not as busy as it once was, but make yourself at home and feel free to join in any areas that interest you. Fangames, art, plot analysis, we have it all!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 25, 2018, 02:26:50 pm »
Thank you for the welcome!!  :)

I've actually been impressed with how recent some of the posts are. I'll definitely be taking a look around!

I find it's hard to find people as passionate about CT in real life as I am, so I figured this would be a good place for me! I *think* I have all the American versions of CT, SNES, Playstation, Nintendo DS and even the one they put out for the iPhone. I really want to play Crimson eEchoes and Flames of Eternity though. I crave more! I'm still hoping one day they will put out a game that explains the events surrounding the fall of Guardia. I read a bunch of articles on here and I have to admit, my head hurt after awhile. Ha ha ha!!! Anyway, I'm so glad I found this place!!

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 27, 2018, 01:53:23 am »
I recently found a dude who I work with who had the three notes from the organ in the church as his text alert sound. creeped the hell out of me at first. but now were like friends.

PrincessNadia78, you shoulkd play Crimson Echoes its amazing. As for Flames of Eternity, last I heard it was like a modification of CE. Like its tweaks and text edits, not a separate game. Crimson Echoes is, in my opinion, a canon "Chrono Trigger 2." If you can't find it on the net, PM me.

They do still host "Prophet's Guile" on here which is like a short Chrono Trigger game that is before you meet 'the false prophet' whos Magus in disguise, which was cool, its a smaller game by far.

They don't host Crimson Echoes here because of that cease and desist letter they mailed out years ago. I personally can't thank Zeality enough, maybe he doens't post here, I can't find the guy. Its possible he won't reply to anything relating to Crimson Echoes.

I just joined and the coding and editing in this forum is WAY over my head, I'm looking for more fans like me. I can't code but I'd be willing to help with any Chrono Trigger project with whatever skills I have. I'm a master auto technician, a business student and a fanfic writer of yuri and CT, so none of that really helps here.

I just realized this is a welcome forum so I'll say hi formally.

I'm relatively new here, I love Chrono Trigger. I have that 6 foot wide poster of Zeal they sell on ebay, love the game, and my brain has been trying to understand the plot of Crimson Echoes for the last 4 years. I first played it at age 25 but it impacted me so hard that the memory wrote itself on a part of my brain as if i played it as a kid. so the memory of Chrono Trigger was so good for me that it retroactively put it in my brain as if I played it years ago. I'll never forget, at 5:30am, when I first went into Enhasa in Zeal.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2018, 02:06:26 am »
I've played Flames of Eternity and Crimson Echoes. Flames of Eternity is pretty much a more complete build of Crimson Echoes, with a few small changes, more late-game content, and changed dialogue.

Both are worth playing.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 30, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »
First, I'm sorry it took me a few days to reply. Hubby and I went to the Probowl in Orlando this past weekend. It was fun, except for getting poured on. LOL However I was excited that on the 2 hour trip to Orlando he had no problem nerding out with me to CT and CC music. :)

I'm actually dying to play both. I only have a Mac so I don't think I can play them online however I did find some Etsy shops where you can buy them in a cartridge! I was planning on buying them once I have my stuff down here in Florida from Wisconsin.

I have the CT theme as my ringtone and I have the "Item Recieved" sound as my text tone. I love it!

Was anyone else as devastated as I was when you found out about the fall of Guardia only 5 years after the events in CT? I was so, so sad! I just realized recently that when I started playing CT I was the same age that Crono, Lucca and Marle were when the game came out. I feel old now. LOL

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #577 on: January 30, 2018, 05:24:32 pm »
Play online should work with any recent enough browser, whatever the operating system. If not, the old emulator and patched ROM method works. SNES9x has a Mac build available.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2018, 05:49:47 pm »
Ok, I will have to take a look into that! I'm pretty techy, but I don't have much experience with emulators. If I have questions I'll be sire to ask. Thank you!!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #579 on: January 30, 2018, 06:08:14 pm »
Patching will probably be the hardest part, if you need to do that.

I'm not a fan of reproduction carts, since they require the destruction of a compatible existing cart (Not necessarily the original game), and all profit goes to the cart builder, not the hacker/translator. Most hackers and translators don't really want to profit from their work, but they don't really like other people profiting either.

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2018, 11:27:45 pm »
I encountered a guy a while back who makes repro carts for free. He made some of my Phantasy Star II hack and sent me one as a thank you.

That kind of thing I can get behind, but I would not be comfortable with someone selling my hacking work, no matter the situation.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:51 am »
You don't need to 'patch', Crimson Echoes as a rom is on the net, I don't know what the policy on this forum is due to that letter, but I and my friends all have copies, and a simple search will pull it up on the internet.

I guess I wasn't sad about the fall of Guardia. I sort of expected it, given Chrono Cross, and I had gone through Radical Dreamers, so I knew about Lucca's fate and  her orphanage and all.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »
Thank you so much for all the information! I will probably attempt this over the weekend. If I have any questions, I'll let y'all know!

I hadn't played CC when I learned about the fall of Guardia, so I was so very sad!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 25, 2018, 03:20:52 pm »
Haven't gotten around to saying it yet, but welcome to the party, PrincessNadia78!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 26, 2018, 06:44:44 pm »
Thank you! I'm loving it here! I feel like I've found my online gaming home. this place is great!!