Author Topic: kid's face  (Read 8872 times)

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« on: March 13, 2004, 12:36:34 am »
ok, looking at the screenshots of chrono cross at rpg fan, under "exclusive screens" there is this pic of kid, and next to her speech there is a picture of her face that is different than i have ever seen in the game.  her face is tilted to the left, and she looks a little more serious.  I was just curious as to why her speech face was different... is it because this is an old screen shot of a beta? or the japanese version? or something i haven't come across yet in the NA version of the game. just curious, since i noticed the difference because i never thought that her normal speech face fit the in game model or the fmv model very well...
anyone know the answer?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
kid's face
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 01:51:30 am »
Most people cringe when a knife is stuck in them.

:)

(Sorry, had to crack the joke)

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 03:15:14 pm »
um... the picture i'm talking about is at fort dragonia, but at like the very beginning of it, like where the game first starts....in that elevator.
i'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 03:32:32 pm »
:o what your wanted to say is how comes Kid has got 2 different portraits? well, eh it's just because she's an important character... Lynx also got 2 portraits (the common one and one in which he looks younger)

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 03:35:30 pm »
http://rpgfan.com/pics/cc/index1.html

the picture i'm talking about is the 4th one down

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 03:38:34 pm »
That has to be a beta, as it is not even listed in Ultimania's face section. Good find.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 03:41:07 pm »
wow that portrait was better than the final one  :(

EDIT: Lucca's face drawing was also different...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
kid's face
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 06:30:24 am »
How come "Push Start Button", "Attack", "Members Condition" and "Field Effect" are in English?

Those pics of Kid's text images look like "Dark Kid" to me, haha...

What the hell is that green ball-looking thing next to the docks in Arni (around where Leena is)? Is that in the game I've played? Because it looks like something I would have questioned if I was playing...Maybe it's just something that caught my attention only when looking at screenshots though...

Anyone also wonder how they got Kid & Glenn right there at that point in the game? I mean, doesn't it portray the first part of the game? And when do you talk to Razzly at the beginning of the Hydra Marshes? What's w/the sprite of whatever character that is in the Viper Library? What's with the giant Hi-ho Dwarf where the Pentapuss and/or Hydra Shadow is? Lucca's burning house - only Lynx is pictured...

Something smells funny...I guess it could all just be a Beta then...Oh wait...It's from, like, a commercial it looks like (see last two pics on 7th page). Maybe they just threw a buncha crap together real early like to show that there was progress being made and that it was coming out, but a lot was just, as-said, Beta material.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 07:05:17 am »
I used to play the Japanese game before the US version was released...  and these texts you're talking about were indeed written in English, that's how I *managed* to finish the game without understanding anything else!!
(hopefully I used a faq to see the good ending, at my 2nd game  :P )

About the green ball... I don't know...

About Glenn and Kid at Lizard's Rock, I believe you also have them in your party there in the 'final' demo. Just for fun.
(Have you played the Xenogears demo game? you meet Bart and Elhaim at the mountain and they says something like "hey that's not in the script! we weren't supposed to meet there!!" "oups!" "awh don't worry it's just a demo! but don't be ready for the final shoot!"  :) )

The other things must also be beta...

About the 'sprite' in Viper's Library, perhaps it was a character who was later replaced by Belthasar... Here are some artworks with some characters I never saw in the game (the last 3 ones) :
http://www.naimoka.com/index.php?rub=yuuki&page=cc-4

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 01:00:12 pm »
yes, i've looked through all the rest of those picture, and yeah, there are more inconsistencies, so they must be betas.  Except  the green thing at the docks with leena. that's in the real game, its like a turtle shell... i remember wondering what it was before i had played the game before and seeing that screen shot in a gameinformer and wondering what it was, so i payed attention to it when i really did play the game.
In regards to having glenn and kid in certain parts, i've noticed that in the demo that plays if you don't press anything at the title screen, and past all the fmv, is a demo with serge, kid, and glenn going through all these different parts of the game, some of which i don't think is actually possible. That's not really an answer, but just something i noticed.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
kid's face
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 03:36:16 pm »
Chrono99, I'm willing to bet that once we get Missing Piece scanned, we might find out who those drawings were meant to be. If we don't, well...let the theories come.

I believe the green ball was moved to the other side of the dock, as I distinctly remember a dull, green orb floating in the water.

That thing in the Manor Library looks like a suit of armor, or perhaps an Acacia Dragoon/Sgt. The picture quality is low.

No Gato in Lucca's house.