Author Topic: The road to Level **  (Read 1531 times)

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The road to Level **
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:26:04 pm »
I was wondering how many of you that have the PS remake of CT have actually gotten to level ** and how long did it take? I have done it on my cartridge but the loading times on the ps make me grit my teeth once i hit lvl 80 and it takes 30 conveyor belt runs to gain a lvl >.<( Why did SE give us a wallet but no exp. booster -.- lol)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 06:29:14 pm by kennyj2003 »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: The road to Level **
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 07:36:20 pm »
Currently trying to get an SNES version of CT in the future, but because eBayers keep bidding on something that still has the maps and box and manual for like $9.99 plus 3.00 shipping, really makes me angry. It's as if they all want to pay more for it. I know it's a collectors, but come on people. Why bid on something before it ends with 4 days left? Why not sniper bid like I do, or rather what any smart person that uses their money accordingly would do.

But anywho, yes I have the PlayStations remake.

The extras is all what I really wanted, as well as the game of course, but the FMVs were really cool along with tech, boss and other data.

I have yet to reach the highest level, where is the best experience site(s) located? Black Omen?

You bring up a good point with EXP and that Wallet item. I never used that crap and I also wondered why you couldn't sell accessories.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 07:49:38 pm »
Just go through the Black Omens in each new game and eventually...yeah...

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 07:57:50 pm »
I have always thought the battles on the conveyor belt in Geno Dome give more xp faster. Plus you don't have to wait to get to the black omen by making multiple new game plus, just make sure you don't defeat motherbrain or the conveyor belt isn't accesible.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 03:23:38 pm »
Many thanks!

I really do want to see that red Nu for myself.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 07:33:03 pm »
I've actualyl attained ** with all but 2 characters on the PSX remake version.  I actually started doing Pink Nu runs... which is i run through the game, face Pink Nu, get the tabs, then start another New Game +, rinse, lather, repeat.  Why?  My goal was to get ALL of my character's magic, strength, and speed to ** as well.  I actually got pretty far, but haven't touched that particular save file in about 2-3 years.  Someday I'll finish it.  If I'm not mistaking, everyone's str and speed is maxed out, but the magic is going to take a long while.

Oh, as for the conveyor belt runs, I usually just put a berserker on whatever party members happen to be active, run in there, leave, come back 5 minutes later, then go back to the beginning.  Works damn well.

Id

• Iokan (+1)
  • The Contact - Arbiter of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 05:09:34 pm »
I have maxed out all of the stats of all of my CT characters on the SNES cart (except Lucca and Marle's Str. I think that my only be in the 80's somewhere, but since it doesn't help them at all I never really saw the point)

On the PSX version I haven't done it yet, but I am working on it here and there. My favorite place to build up is the black omen. I run through to the point where the Frog's will send you back out and then I repeat over and over again. It was faster for me (or at least less boring) than the conveyor run, though I usually hit that up several times through on my first few runs in the game.

I do have a question though, what are the pink and red Nu that everyone's talking about? I know Spekkio takes on the form of a Nu, but I don't remember what color it is. I am fascinated to hear anything about the gameplay I didn't already know.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 05:42:45 pm »
That's the color Spekkio takes. A pink Nu.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 06:30:55 am »
What's so good 'bout reaching Lv**?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
The satisfaction of playing so much and taking the time out of your life to level up characters from one of the greatest RPGs of all time of course!

Hmm . . . I just don't have the time to do that though. I really do need an SNES copy, or I'll just wait for the Wii.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 12:42:56 am »
I actually feel dissatisfied once I reach top level. It's like, wow, now when I fight monsters I have no need of this XP, so I'm doing this all for nothing.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 03:56:43 am »
You can still try to reach 999,999,999 XP or whatever the maximum is :roll: (does this number turns into stars??)