Author Topic: Lunar Dragon Song  (Read 480 times)

Mettall

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lunar Dragon Song
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:49:11 pm »
Anyone else feel that Ubisoft might as well have given us a crayon drawing by a two-year old instead? When that damn car-wreck came out I was as excited as could be.

"Oh boy! This sure is swell! This music is terrific!"

1 hour later...

"Hey. Why's my health going down when I run? . . ."

2 hours later...

"Whoa whoa whoa. What is this? A spelling error? Wait, there's another. There's fifty spelling errors in this."

3 hours later...

"This dialogue makes no sense. This story makes no sense! This whole game is an insult to me!"

4 hours later...

"Yes, I'd like to return this." /buy Psychonauts "Thank you very much."

That about sums up my experience with this game. The design was not fun. The battles were slow and not exciting. They were so slow and not exciting, that they had to add two fast forward options like in Chrono Cross, except worse. They gave two modes. Either you get experience or you get items. You want money? Too bad. Do some work and un-fun quests so you can actually afford that weaponry and armor. It became an MMORPG in that sense and if I wanted that, I'd go play an MMORPG. In regular RPGs you are SUPPOSED to find 2000 gold pieces on a decaying demon rat that's the size of a shetland pony.  But no, I can handle it. I can handle it.

But there is one thing that is completely unforgivable.

The Spelling Errors.

Like a shock of electricity, it comes at you and it comes at you quick. It gets to the point of no longer being the cute 'this guy are sick' type of errors. These are the errors that you find in the 12-year old KOL Chatrooms. LOL-WTF-N00B is spilled everywhere on this. You literally have issues everywhere in this. One scene cannot pass without ten or more errors.

Honestly, the only part of the original team they got were the guys who were working in the janitorial services.

Anyways, anyone who can agree on this fiasco or disagree?

(And I'm not here to start PSP/DS wars. If you're looking for that then start something new, because frankly, I don't give a damn.)