Author Topic: To those who wants to make a scene involving lavos battles.  (Read 1441 times)

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
I've had a time with my hack, in my hack i had it where crono was supposed to fight the second form of lavos, but everytime it would cause a glitch. The music on the 1000 AD map would change at all, even from locations like The mellinum fair or Guradia forest.  If you stayed on the world map long enough the game will stop playing music and it will freeze, if you're moving around the time the music stop, you can still move around, but trying to go into the buildings, menu's and wide view of the map will cause the game to freeze, so if you have any scene involving lavos. (i don't know if the the same thing happens on all the forms.) just make sure to store something into unused memory and have it call up in the lavos core section, then create a new scene in there. This will make sure that your game won't bug out.

for example

for my intro i have this in my event code.

Bitmath(mem.7f0234, 01 set)
assign(mem.7f0234, mem.7e25f6, one)

now in the lavos core event i have this setup in the lavos object code, if you put this in object 00 the game will freeze.

assign(mem.7e25f6, mem.7f0234, one)
if(mem.7f0234 == 01)
- Textbox(bottom, "{Crono} Test.{null}"
- Changelocation(loc 1eb, x10, y10, 40)

That makes it where you don't fight second lavos fight only if you have 7F25F6 = 01 if it's 00 or 02 and above you will fight him.

You can try this method or another method of your own.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: To those who wants to make a scene involving lavos battles.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:18:37 pm »
i got thoses same glitches, but i wasent trying to fight lavos, i was only trying to load up his eye sprite. every time i do it and move my sprite replaces his other half. does anyone know how to fix this?

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Re: To those who wants to make a scene involving lavos battles.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 06:28:31 pm »
I found out what was causing my intro to work, if you have the lavos battle planed in your hack at a time you're not normally supposed to fight him. just assigned the value 00 to the location 7F01ED. i just added that to my intro screen and the game is running fine now. oh, you can also keep the battle of the lavos core that way.

you can find in the lavos core event code where it says

keepcurrentsong == 01 <--- this what cause the bug if you don't put in that command to turn it off.