Author Topic: Chrono Crisis Update  (Read 5882 times)

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Chrono Crisis Update
« on: April 23, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »
Big update! The design for the main menu has been completed, and the 4 1999 PCs sprites have been finalized and the character descriptions have been cleaned up with the help of my spriter.

Xavier

Name Meaning: New House
Sex: Male
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Home: Truce Dome
Magical Element: Light (Holy; White)

Overview:
Xavier is a rebellious youth with a kind heart and a strong sense of justice. While he lacks his mother's mechanical prowess, he is an incredibly capable painter, and has been painting actively for the royal family for years. In fact, he has had a crush on the princess, Celia, for several years.

Matison

Sex: Female
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Purple
Magical Element: Earth
Weapon: Gloves

Overview:
Xavier's best friend and the female heart-throb of Arris Academy, Matison is easily loveable and the center of a lot of attention. Her popularity is only stunted by the fact that she continues to keep Xavier in her close company. Matison is often the voice of reason in Xavier's life. When he tries to sneak out of school to hit the arcade, it's Matison who calmly reminds him of his grades. She seems to care for Xavier deeply, and though she is a breathtaking beauty, Xavier doesn't seem to notice (probably due to his crush on Princess Celia). Matison seems to have some other secrets she's keeping from Xavier. She has a beautiful voice, but whenever he comes near her, she seems unable to sing. She also tends to go away on long trips with her mother, but never comes back with pictures...

Celia

Name Meaning: Celia (Blind)
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Green
Home: Guardia Castle
Magical Element: Wind
Weapon: Fans

Overview:
The beautiful gem of Guardia Castle, and destined to someday be its queen. Celia is a refined and gentle soul, who has quietly admired Xavier from afar for years. Celia is highly educated, and is the pride and joy of her mother, who hoped she would grow into a fine lady. However, despite her wispy appearance, Celia is extremely agile and able bodied. Behind her kind exterior lies a free spirit, longing for adventure.  Always trusting her intuition, Celia follows her heart and goes where the wind takes her.  Little does she know that her upcoming journey will exceed even her wildest dreams.

Miss Vanessa

Name Meaning: Vanessa (Butterfly)
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Blue

Overview:
Xavier's mother and a fine educator, Miss Vanessa strongly upholds the Ashtear name. Although she's as good with machines as her ancestor, over the years her family lost it's once proud reputation for being scientific geniuses to the mighty Rubaire family. Vanessa hopes to rebuild the Ashtear legacy, and has invented a variety of things to try and improve life in Guardia. Her latest invention, a grand computer network, is supposedly going to change the world. However, no one has seen it work yet...

Menu Design by the lovely spriter, Lena Andreia:

When you "mouse" over one of the icons, the part at the top that says "please select a function" changes to show what function you're overn (IE: Item, tech, ect).

The design is based on a computer interface invented by Vanessa Ashtear. This network is implanted into all the main characters through various devices, specifically contacts, an earring, and a chip on his brainstem for Xavier. This allows him to directly connect to the network at any given time giving him access to all it's features, which include using items (that are transported directly to him through transportation technology), using Tech Points to learn new techs, check his and other party members status, switch party members, adjust options on the menu, check his emails (and look at a dictionary of all people met, places visited, etc), and save progress.

And now for some screenshots of the graphical progress in action:

Gotta love these 1999 AD NPCs!

More to come soon!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis Update
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 06:13:39 pm »
 :shock: Wow, the graphics sure have evolved since the first demo. Is it still with RPGMaker XP? I never saw a menu like that made this program (well I don't really know much about it anyway).

It's very promising.

Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 08:20:05 pm »
That's the absolute most impressive looking amateur RPG I've seen yet. It's almost Tri-Ace, but it still seems to keep that Chrono-look and feel. It'll be interesting to see how it plays.

Zero

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 08:37:00 pm »
The menu is breathtaking for a fan made RPG.  I'm absolutely speechless.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:41:03 pm »
Thanks, the tilesets are actually ripped from Tales of Destiny and the PSX version of Tales of Destiny, but we'll have a good amount of original tiles mixed in as well. I should also mention that Chrono Crisis is now a sequel to both Chrono Trigger AND Chrono Cross. Hard to explain in a few words, but we found a lot of cool ways to connect everything, and now fans of both games should be pleased. Anyway, all sprites are being done by our spriter, and all of the sprites from CT are being redone in the new style as well, as you can see here:

And let's not forget the Cross characters:

We've updated the menu a little more as you can see:

Soon I'll have pics of the individual parts of the menu, attack, techs, etc.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:48:01 pm »
Wow, that looks nice for a Fan game, Lost of effort put into it.

Keep up the good work.

Zero

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 09:03:00 pm »
Now that you mention it, I can very much see the ToD influence.  Good call.

Orphen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 10:29:42 pm »
Everything is amazing and it all looks professionally done.  Good luck with the rest of the project.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 12:57:04 am »
Good work. If this menu system is fully functional (as opposed to just graphically complete), you've crossed a major milestone.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 08:41:04 am »
All I can say is that this is probably going to be the best chrono fan game ever created in history!  Keep it up chains =P :D

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 03:30:49 pm »
Well done. Keep it up Crisis team!

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 05:15:50 pm »
Nice work. Keep it up !  :)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 05:51:56 pm »
Is there any (tentative) release date for a new playable demo by the way?

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 07:45:02 pm »
There probably won't be a new playable demo, a teaser maybe, but no demo like I released before until the entire game is done. And I don't want to set a release date at this point...but I'd like the game to be finished by the spring of next year.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 05:03:32 am »
A year...to able to play something as exciting as this in a year...I'm stoked! It looks FANTASTIC, it really does! I have to say, I love Xavier's clothes ^_^