Author Topic: CT Song - At the Bottom of Night  (Read 1711 times)

surph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://mourphgfx.awardspace.com
CT Song - At the Bottom of Night
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:58 pm »
Well, i wrote a lyric to this music and sang to it  :oops: so now its a song. >_< my voice aint that great, plus the cheap generic comp mic aint gonna do much either.. so bare with it.. lol but would like to know what people think. Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. The link to the mp3 is http://www.geocities.com/corazonelane/BotN.mp3 and heres the lyric:

Time has pass on by
You're here to tell me reason why,
That your leaving, and saying goodbye. Why?

My love dont you cry.
I'll be back to kiss you goodnite.
And dont forget, that I'll always be by your side

In the Brink of time
Time ~~~~~~~ where we began
Your love lead me to you, like the golden sunlight.

Time has pass on by
You're finally here with me tonite.
Much has happened, but now I know I'll be alright!

My love dont you cry.
I'm here to stay and kiss goodnite.
I wont ever leave you again, alright?

In the Brink of time
Time ~~~~~~~ where we began
Your love lead me to you, like the golden sunlight.

(This lyric is more of a duet between a girl and a guy. It's more like a story/conversation they are having) **I was thinking a lil about how when Marle(Nadia) lost Chrono and wanted to bring him back to life. That was really sad. I guess in some way i was trying to make the lyric fir that scenario.**

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:51:14 am »
It's very good. It has earned a place in my Chrono OST, OSV, remixes and remakes collection :)

I think the lyrics need to be revised, though. English isn't my native language, of course, but I think there are mistakes in the lyrics, although the corrected version would sound good as well.

Well done :)

surph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 10:34:06 am »
Yup.. gramatically there are errors.. the only reason why its like that is because of the rythm/syllable of the words needing to match the music itself. But all errors are minor.. such as words like "a" needing to be in the sentences, but thanks again for your comment. I'll be sure to work on it. Thanks again!

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 05:26:34 pm »
Hey, would you consider using this version of Bottom of the Night?

It's made from a MIDI file, I just added some sound enhancements. It was done quickly, but I can spend some more time fixing it (or even remake it) if you are willing to work more on your song. :)

surph

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 09:37:32 am »
SURE!  :lol: NP, I'll definitly work hard on my end. So far it sounds great with the Piano and the midi, but i would really like to see the best work u can come up with for this song so that it can be something very touching. I see alot of potential in this song. It be great to work further in this project!  :wink:

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 04:26:35 pm »
I spent the evening remaking the Bottom of the Night...
At the Bottom of the Night - Version 0.86

I can still work on it, of course. If you notice, it's the same melody played four times, with different instruments: Piano, Guitar, Guitar again, Piano again (an octava higher). What I have in mind is that the song starts with the piano, then the vocals start with the guitar and when they finish, the piano comes again.

Now, I suggest that you find a better microphone and re-record the song, with the tempo of this MP3 (sorry, I couldn't totally synchronize it with your version). It would be nice (although not required) if you could also find a girl to sing some of the lyrics, since you say it's a conversation between Crono and Marle.

Finally, consider sending me the wave files with the vocals only (without music) so that I can enhance and mix them (and also add/remove things from the music without asking you to re-record the song for every change). If you are going to send me the vocals, please send me each strophe (now is that a correct word?) separately (this will be 5 different wave files), so that I can add music between them etc.