Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42821 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2008, 09:24:12 am »
Chapter Eleven(The 2nd Marle timeline, after Crono stopped King Zeal), except the first scene, everything is as the 1st reptite timeline. I'm not sure what happens when you finish it, because I used the debug room to go directly to Chapter 12.

Edit: Where is the Porre Secret lab? I think it's supposed to be in the Forest Ruins near Medina, but how do I enter it?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:07:53 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2008, 11:57:22 am »
Chapter Eleven(The 2nd Marle timeline, after Crono stopped King Zeal), except the first scene, everything is as the 1st reptite timeline. I'm not sure what happens when you finish it, because I used the debug room to go directly to Chapter 12.

OK,  I just replayed chapter 11.  I'll add a bug saying everything needs to be replaced with new stuff if storyling is chapter 11.  I'll also add a bug to add hints that you need to go North (there's a lake north where you can advance the story).

Edit: Where is the Porre Secret lab? I think it's supposed to be in the Forest Ruins near Medina, but how do I enter it?

This one I thought I added decent hints but it's really hard for me to tell since obviously I know exactly what to do. First off did you know it was at the Forest Ruins because of the game or because of this forum? (did I supply enough hints that it was at forest ruins in-game).  At forest ruins he's suppose to say "I wish I thought like Toma" or something which is a hint to get the 600 AD Toma.  Perhaps I should add a little cutscene between the PC's after talking to Hutch?

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2008, 05:17:41 pm »
I knew it was near Medina(Belthasar told me that), and since the Mystics don't like Porre at that time, I first thought maybe they were using Melchior's Hut, than that big rock thingy, and last Forest Ruins. I didn't find it, so I used this Forum to find out it was indeed there.
I didn't think to go to 600 A.D., because I thought this "I wish I thought like Toma" was just this guy stating his lack of explorer skill and wish to be like Toma or something...I expected Toma to be somehow in that Lab, because he vanished. Maybe that's just me and other people might get it.

Also, in the last Dungeon: During the part with the split teams, I always have Crono in both teams, like Crono leading team Nr. 1, and after I switch, he leads team Nr. 2(yet he is still there as a NPC, meaning the one you control and one showing him at the other team).
Also, the bridge that's supposed to have both teams go on in the same Area(in order to press these 2 switches next to each other) automatically disappears as soon as a Team leaves the switch, thus the party can't be on the same "side", and the switches to go on can't be pressed.

During the Flamedungeons, I only had to play the 3 of the characters I used, but that's most likely intentional.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2008, 11:00:09 pm »
I knew it was near Medina(Belthasar told me that), and since the Mystics don't like Porre at that time, I first thought maybe they were using Melchior's Hut, than that big rock thingy, and last Forest Ruins. I didn't find it, so I used this Forum to find out it was indeed there.
I didn't think to go to 600 A.D., because I thought this "I wish I thought like Toma" was just this guy stating his lack of explorer skill and wish to be like Toma or something...I expected Toma to be somehow in that Lab, because he vanished. Maybe that's just me and other people might get it.

I'll add a cutscene after you talk to hutch were the PC's talk about it

Also, in the last Dungeon: During the part with the split teams, I always have Crono in both teams, like Crono leading team Nr. 1, and after I switch, he leads team Nr. 2(yet he is still there as a NPC, meaning the one you control and one showing him at the other team).

Definately a bug....i'll look into it I may ask you for more details later though

Also, the bridge that's supposed to have both teams go on in the same Area(in order to press these 2 switches next to each other) automatically disappears as soon as a Team leaves the switch, thus the party can't be on the same "side", and the switches to go on can't be pressed.

Your team isn't suppose to cross that bridge it's suppose to dissapear.....your suppose to take a specific NPC to that bridge and when it appears he should cross it....

During the Flamedungeons, I only had to play the 3 of the characters I used, but that's most likely intentional.

Yup, it's intentional.

EDIT:  Saw this in your other post:

The rest of the Central Regime Base(I still didn't figure out how to deactivate the cooling & backup system, well I didn't even find the cooling one...);

Both are on the bottom of the map, cooling is lower right and backup is lower middle.  Are the doors not that obvious?

--JP
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:03:42 pm by jsondag2 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2008, 11:21:50 pm »
I've been having trouble for a while controlling the Nu in the Porre lab entrance. I just can't seem to take control of it.

Did you actually fix the Choras ferry bug? I think it's caused by the fact that it's the same location as the Porre base interiors.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:24:54 pm by Vehek »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2008, 04:22:42 am »
I've been having trouble for a while controlling the Nu in the Porre lab entrance. I just can't seem to take control of it.

Maybe this is because I don't let the player take control of it until you get the "NuMote" now?  It's located on the east side of the lab you get it when you read the instructions (piece of paper on the wall)

Did you actually fix the Choras ferry bug? I think it's caused by the fact that it's the same location as the Porre base interiors.

Yea i'm going through bugs located on the wiki now.  I haven't made new releases because I was worried that people were getting annoyed by it.

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2008, 02:36:59 am »
Not really a "bug", but something I noticed: You've been using the Choras soldier instead of the Vanguard soldier. Remember how I reported that the "Vanguard soldier" caused a palette overload in the meeting with Porre and Medina? The real Vanguard soldier doesn't.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:32 am »
Note: Some might have been fixed during the last update, or if someone if working on it, I apologize.

Marle Chapter:

- The HP/MP recovery text window is missing after the talk with someone in one of the tents.

- You can walk over Lakes on the OW, you can even walk on the lake which you are supposed to enter from the south by engaging it from the east.

- the Entrance to the Eastern woods seems to be one tile to far South, and you can walk one tile to far north into the woods.

- The Terra Tower on the OW seems a bit small(even considering the out of proposition characters), and maybe it should be a bit north? Maybe lessen the size of the "Island" it is one? Because you can just walk past it and there is nothing but snow.

- Cedric has his Armor at the end of the chapter during the cutscene(he doesn't wear one in his tent), while it might be because he is going to fight, it doesn't seem fitting because of the circumstances these people life in. He should just appear as he has in his Tent, at least that is what I think(and maybe give the 2nd Cedric in the 2nd Marle Chapter the armor, so people will see the difference).

Crono/Magus/Glenn:

- The door to the Secret Boss automatically opens.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2008, 11:33:15 am »
Nice catches, i'm surprised I didn't notice the cedric one myself. 

All of these bug fixes + the new dialogue zeality is working on should be included after run 2.  Thanks!

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2008, 04:10:38 pm »
Two small ones in the Lucca/Robo Chapter:

* There is no HP/MP recovery Message after the R2 uses his nanomachines to heal you.

* Conveyor Belt Puzzle: The 5th belt doesn't matter. It has to move to the right in order to get the Barrel towards the wall(which then is used to climb on). When the belt moves to the left, the Barrel still moved to the right.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2008, 04:14:10 pm »
oh wow i'm shocked about the barrel bug.  I thought I checked that.....

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2008, 02:06:25 pm »
Bug that's been around for a while: If you talk to the infirmary woman with certain people in the lead, then she talks about Belthasar and Melchior being kidnapped instead of what she's supposed to say.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2008, 01:33:57 pm »
My game freezes just before the Porre/Guardia meeting(the one after having been at Kashmir's lair). I just killed the Guard and the 2 Diabolos after arriving at 1002 A.D. and went straight to the Castle, talked to the king, and talked to the guard who guides you to the meeting. The screen goes black and the game doesn't go on right after that guard takes you down to the kitchen(where the meeting takes place).

I use the patch "round2zealityStart".

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2008, 02:15:05 pm »
Cyber- should be fixed in the newest patch sorry about that i checked the meeting in the prologue but forgot about that one.

Vehek  - what chapter and who is in the lead? 

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »
You can see it as early as chapter 2. The infirmary woman says the placeholder about Belthasar and Melchior being kidnapped if "7F0206 & 02". However, PC1 is copied into 7F0206. I think this means that Lucca, Robo, and Magus cause it not to work.