Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42827 times)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »
No worries, we'll just have to keep the teleporter location in the new, fresh ROM (after the release of the new TF) and import the Medical Center somewhere else.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:56 pm »
Crono can speak, as this post from the feedback thread mentions:
Anybody else figure out how to make Crono talk? If you switch him out from the first space, whoever is leading will assume the role of silent protagonist. Just a fun thing I found. Probably already mowed over and stomped and figured out, but oh well.
I noticed this a while ago, but didn't mention it. I suspect the variable that stores who's in the first slot isn't updated when you rearrange the party.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2007, 07:20:20 pm »
wooo boy there's alot of bugs here.

I think alof of them is because i used the "storyline memory" to stop events form happening until they were supposed to but the storyline memory may be different now that things are rearranged.

Music stopping is happens sometimes when you edit events.  You just have to open up music and change it to what it used to be.

Once we get the master rom back (zeality is transfering some stuff over) I'll get to work on these.

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »
I think the music turning to silence shouldn't happen anymore, since I stumbled onto the cause (opening new location windows) and it was fixed in TF 2.5. (Unless there's another situation that causes the bug.)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2007, 12:19:46 am »
Awesome that's really good news!

(remembers countless times changing music back)

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2007, 09:36:51 pm »
I don't know if this thread is considered too crowded or not, but right now I'm posting some bugs I found in the 2007-11-14 Zeal patch.
Chapter 4:
  • When you select 602 A.D. from the TDC, Belthasar tells you not to waste the time egg
  • The little girl in the Porre Elder's house still talks about Tata going after the Masamune again someday.

Chapter 5:
  • The night effect unfortunately doesn't persist into battle.
  • You can walk around just before Crono drops the time egg, and also after.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 11:09:34 pm by Vehek »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2008, 07:18:13 pm »
Hey,

You can add bugs anywhere you want but just so you know I've added a bugs section to CE Wiki (hopefully this one won't dissapear). 

I've ordered it by chapter and within the chapter mapping/events/suggestions, but you can add a new topic if you see fit.

I think this is the preferred way to handle these as long as Chrono 99 agrees. 

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Bugs.html

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2008, 08:54:24 am »
Minor things I noted, not sure if some of them are bugs, so I rather post them here(some might also be intentional, what do I know):

-"go to choras" from Medina doesn't work(screen changes, but you are stuck without seeing yourself)

- Gato still hands out silver points, but they are useless.

- Leene's Square's "Food Emporium", isn't is called "empire" or what is it supposed to mean? Didn't find it anywhere...

- Cutscene(end of Prologue) music stops when Magus appears.

- During the first Chapter(Magus alone) you can see the "Character exchange screen" with Belthasar.

Edit:
Chapter 2:
- When Entering the Porre Camp, Crono and Lucca already got their needed uniforms, scrolling somehow doesn't work and you can hardly move around(maybe because Lucca technicalle isn't there, but she is 1st player).

Edit 2: Ocean's Palace Ruins: When you enter, go to the north-western Room, and continue to the left into the next room. You can' go back anymore.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:15:11 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2008, 12:29:28 pm »
- When Entering the Porre Camp, Crono and Lucca already got their needed uniforms, scrolling somehow doesn't work and you can hardly move around(maybe because Lucca technicalle isn't there, but she is 1st player).

Not sure how this happened.  I can't find a way to make lucca be first player after getting the uniforms?  II think if you play through the game from chapter 1 it forces marle to be first player, but if you use the debug room lucca is first player.   However (for me) i walked in and everythigng was fine with lucca as the lead and then when I got the uniforms it switched marle to the lead and I was unable to switch back.

Did you use the debug room?  If so did you go to chapter 2 and go there or a later chapter and go there?  It may be glitchy if you try to enter it for "the first time"  in a later chapter (this can only happen if you used the debug room)

Emporioum is kind of a rare word but it fits:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emporium

I added the rest to the debug room.

--JP
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:07:40 pm by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2008, 02:59:54 pm »
I started right from the Prologue...
Testing it.:
It seems to be a problem of me using my ** savegame, didn't have any problem using a "none **" save...don't ask me how, thou.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2008, 03:19:48 pm »
Hm......i wonder if it's a newgame+ thing?  Maybe newgame+ copies over theuniforms?

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2008, 02:43:55 am »
I always get confused about where to put bugs that can be triggered at almost any time.

Talking to Robo in the main Chronopolis area when he's in your party and talking to Magus in the Infirmary when he's in your party triggers dialog from them.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2008, 11:54:56 am »
Hmm aren't they only there for a few chapters?  Ice been putting bugs that span multiple chapters in the first chapter they can be triggered in

Jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2008, 12:53:44 pm »
Sorry for not using that wiki thing, but I don't know how much time I have now until I have to leave, and to be most efficient I just post here what I see.

Chapter 6: When you reach Pre-History, your group of 6 is split in 2. I used Magus, Glenn, Crono is that order, but after the splitting(when you are on the Overworld map), Magus was gone and I couldn't move.
After switching to Crono as 1st before time-warping, it worked, yet only Crono and Glenn were in my Team...

This always happens when Magus is in the first team(only 2 characters), and you can't move if he was 1st player.

Edit: He is really in the 2nd Team, instead of Robo. Is there maybe any data thingy that says Magus must be 2nd team? And Robo isn't there during the King Zeal scene -> game doesn't go on.

Edit 2: In Marles Chapter, you don't really see the Forest Entrance(where you have to save the girl) East of the Village.

Edit 3: Terra Tower(Marle Timeline): When you try to open the door using the key AFTER killing the guards, the game freezes(if you try before you kill them, they try to stop you and you can kill them and go on, no freezing then)

Crono Timeline: If you choose the "right" way(Marle opened the right Head in Terra Tower), you are stuck because of invisible Walls in the 2nd Room.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:14:23 pm by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2008, 05:06:33 pm »
Chapter 6: When you reach Pre-History, your group of 6 is split in 2. I used Magus, Glenn, Crono is that order, but after the splitting(when you are on the Overworld map), Magus was gone and I couldn't move.
After switching to Crono as 1st before time-warping, it worked, yet only Crono and Glenn were in my Team...

Sigh....... haha, I see why the original chrono trigger crew didn't split up the team that often, it's a pain to code.  It seems like fixing one of these causes another to pop up.

I'm getting good at it analyzing this kind of code though so it shouldn't take that long to squash it, thanks for pointing it out.

--JP