Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42819 times)

Maelstrom

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2006, 09:23:51 pm »
I think wackiness that ensues from delivering the Shamsir can be averted if the "Shamsir" is based off of one of the broken Masamune pieces instead of one of Crono's swords.  Crono cannot equip it, nor can he sell it, so it would seem to be reasonably "idiot proof."

When rescuing Ayla, the room with the puzzle ideally should remain permanently solved.  If you return later, you won't have to solve it again.  Also, the players are "stuck" if you enter the next room but try to leave!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 01:13:39 pm by Maelstrom »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2006, 08:36:48 am »
The Gryphon sprite apparently uses the palette that we assigned to the broken Dragon Tank in the demos. It should use the original Dragon Tank palette instead (the one I recolored).

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2006, 08:21:03 pm »
The girl who gives you lemonade at Leene Square continues to give it to you until you leave the screen.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2006, 05:49:03 pm »
The girl who gives you lemonade at Leene Square continues to give it to you until you leave the screen.
Strange, I don't see this bug... You're speaking about the little girl who sells the 5G drink? Did you do something special or just answered "yes"?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2006, 08:22:02 pm »
I just answered yes and after I got the HP and MP restored message she would repeat her message and the restored message over and over. I don't know if I lost 5G every time though... :?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2006, 06:03:27 am »
It works fine for me, though I work on the ROM so my version might not be exactly identical to the one posted. I guess we'll see if this problem is still there next time jsondag or I post a patch.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2006, 02:58:38 pm »
First of all, sorry for the lack of time, but I am at the last 2 years of school, and every lesson now is important as never, so I have barely some free time. I will, however, get holydays next week, and even though I don't know how much free time I will have during them, I will try to use them.

I tested the new rom until Chapter 2, here the results:

merged.ips:

Mapy stuff:
- you can enter the "Vanguard Post" from behind in the World Map.
- Sargon's hut from the world map doesn't look like a hut from inside, maybe give him, instead of a hut, a mountain that had been part of zeal(kinda like Dalton's hideout), this would also be a reason why it looks so similar to the room of Zeal.
- At the savepoint are in Dalton's Hideout: You can see the left and right area, yet you are supposed to be one etage lower than the other areas.

Text:
- "Error guy" at the fair, we shouldn't forget to alter his text.
- The lemonade girl: you can walk around with the text-window open after receiving the lemonade(received+restored), maybe you shouldn't be able to walk during that char/it should close automaticallyafter a few seconds.
- Gato's text(still talking about silver points).
- Cathedral: The nun right to the bishop says Renault is in the chapel, even if he isn't there at the beginning of the game.
- Ishito calls the power tab a jewel(supposed to be that way?).
- When entering Beast Forest before you should, maybe change the text("...nothing here" just doesn't fit IMO, more like:"I have no intention to be here" or stuff like that)
- When you talk to the Elder, then to Sargon, and after that to the elder again, he repeats the first part of his text. Maybe change it if you talk to him a second time to something like: "Did you already visit Sargon?" so it doesn't sound repeated.

Gameplay:
- Gato gives 40(!) exp points.
- after doing everything your mom tells you to, and Lucca is in your home, she still repeats what you have to do.
- Delete the chest in the Time Egg scene(when the gate opens at D.Mountain), because people might think "Why can't I get the treasure there?"
- Maybe a different sprite for Magus after the Elder rescued him(in the hut), because it looks like the elder just threw him into the tent.
- After Dalton killed the elder and goes to Sargon, you can go directly into the Beast Forest without visiting Sargon and getting the info that Dalton is in there.
- Healing Square doesn't work.
- Savepoint in Dalton's hideout says "Black Omen".
- After losing to the Golem(because of taking the wrong way), you fall throught the floor(no trap appears, you just hear it), but IMO it would be better to make the Golem say something like "Weakling, don't come back" and put Magus back to the savepoint area.

Music:
- Milleniar Fair has no Music on the market place(the one where Melchior had been in CT).
- The Soldier Housing: Until you get the Power Tab or talk to Ishito, there is no music
- Porre area itself seems to have no music.
- Maybe change Medinas World Map music(perhaps give it to Porre, because they are the enemys now?)
- After sleeping in Medinas inn, the music changes during your stay there(intention?).
- When entering the left tower part you can reach via the thrown room, the music stops playing for 2 screens(at the last one, the kings room if I recall right, the music plays again)
- Sargon's house has no Music(also no sound from the healing Square)
- Janus' Healing Square scene(after the Schala one and before the Ozzie and co one) after you lose to Dalton has no music

Maybe Add:
- At the beginning, when Crono's Mom says something like "Don't frown at me, mister" an animation instead of him just standing there.
- Mileniar fair "food shop" is selling weapons, maybe change them to tonics and ethers, revive, heal and all that stuff.
- Maybe give the bishop a bigger meaning? Like Crono asks him for advises/ wants to be forgiven after he killed for example the Porrean soldier? (like  Glenn if he kills the mystics)
- Mrs Elisa should give you some money, saying something like: "But don't tell your mom".
- Renault may give you his old sword or something, because he doesn't need it after getting the new one.
- After doing the delivering stuff, we should get something, maybe like a helm or armor, like Crono's mom saying: "Oh dear, you are nice boy [bla bla], found this while cleaning up your room [etc.]"
- Maybe we shouldn't give Cronos anything at the begin of the game, like, you get a sword from Renault, can find a helm in your Chamber, and get an armor from your mom for delivering. There are 2 fights at the beginning(both optional) needed to be altered. Like add a line to Gato(like saying: "You have no weapons, so no fight or whatever), and to the dojo guy in Medina.
- In the Mystics Dojo: Maybe add some more fights later.
- Maybe have Magus only have 1 hp left at the beginning of chapter 1, so he also has use of the healing square and it looks more like he broke down.
- Maybe also add some text from the two women in the tent like: "But take care, not all your wounds are healed, you should visit sargon[blabla]", also add text that he can sleep in the most left hut(I didn't know that until now).

To the pic:
Savescreen is somehow screwed(see pic), before it has been 3 areas with no data, and after saving 1 it became like that(2nd and 3rd havd no data). before saving a second time(aka go on playing, and return to the savepoint), it became like that(2 right pics). I was able to load them, but they are just copies of the first save(everything is the same, name, level etc.)

Most of it is my opinion and how I see it, they are only ideas. I'm not sure when I am able to prepare the next Chapters, because the week is full of exams, but I will see what I can so.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2006, 03:35:48 pm »
Back in an earlier version, Silent Light played in Porre. Delightful Spekkio plays in Medina, until history is changed.

Here's a bug: you can't see the characters or move around in the Lair Ruins.

I also don't like that you have to fight Serran twice in a row.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 04:06:05 pm by Vehek »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2006, 04:47:56 pm »
I can't even beat him! I always get a miss.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2006, 11:45:19 am »
I can't even beat him! I always get a miss.

That's the idea, you are only suposed to beat him with the Masamune, storywise. If you encounter him in that cave, you will just have to survive until the fight ends(like the fight vs Cyrus' ghost).
I never had to fight him twie, but that may have been becase I was using an older rom the last time I fought him.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2006, 03:29:03 pm »
How many rounds do I have to last? I always die in 3.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2006, 07:07:01 am »
I'm not sure, but I think it was above 5. Just have you party on standby and revive after his attack, that way he shouldn't be able to kill you off(not too fast, at least).

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2006, 01:20:50 pm »
I got some unexpected free lessons today, so I used them as good as I could:

uptochapter2andahalf_29_oct.ips

Map:
- The Cyborgs escape: In Denadoro Mountain, there is a black tile.
         ->It is actually the chest containing the Muscle Ring.
- The Chest in the Beast Forest with the Naveed in it(bottom centre) shows a closed chest even after it has been opend.
- Chronopolis South exit to the Colliseum doesn't work(makes you stuck in the OW).
         -> later(tried after rescuing Schala), you are near a dome, yet you still can't walk very far
- After entering and leaving Denadoro Mt. in 1002 AD you appear a bit to far to the right on the OW(not at the actual entrance)
- Fiona's Forest

Music:
- During the Cutscene: After Kino dies and the Glenn/Masamune scene appears, the music stops.
- In the hut where Magus awakes there is no music
- Commons has no Music
- when arriving    at Chronopolis in Chapter 2, there is no music.
- Lower are in Chronopolis + Elevator has no music.
- Zenan Bridge fight has OW music

Text:
- Zenan Bridge fight: Sergant still calls the Tank "Dragon Tank"
- Lucca says they have to bust it up "again", yet they didn't before.
- Epoch fight: Lucca asumes the Agent got back 2 days, yet she came back with him to 1002 AD(makes no sense for me)
   -> same with what Belthasar after the Epoch Fight says.
- Two chapters are called "Chapter 3", "Reunions" and "Old Friends New enemys".
- Both, the Agent and King Zeal are called "???" Before you know their identity, might bring confusion.

Gameplay:
- Can't talk to Marle in Guardia Castle before delivering all the stuff AND talking to Crono's mom again.
- You can go into the Beast Forest/Attack Dalton right after talking to Sargon(and before you for visit the Elder/see Dalton is still alive)
- Healing Square in Sargon's House doesn't work
- After going to 1002 AD with the Agent, you can enter Zenan Bridge from behind.
   -> When you enter the Chapel where the Epoch is before Zenan bridge, screen stays focused yet the Party runs away, can't move.
   -> When entering Crono's House, they run to the stairs, turn around, and than talk to Gina(like they would have if they came from the stairs).
   -> After that, the Chancelor enters and talks about sending one representative to the Camp, yet after that the Zenan Fight won't occur(can't enter the camp without being thrown out, too).
      -> The whole thing after Chronopolis doesn't make sense IMO: Agent returned with you, so how did he have time to get the Tank Repaired?
- There is still the locked Chest in Guardia Castle(The one the Chancelor had been in in CT)
- Epoch fight: The agent is there, even though he was killed in the Zenan Bridge fight.
- After the Epoch fight, you return to Chronopolis, and the agent jumps out and goes into the chamber(like he did before), this follows a few mixed text scenes(from returning to Chronopolis+seeing the agent running away) and you return to 1002 AD yet again...you have to fight to get Epoch again, except that you have Robo and can't enter the door to Epoch.
- You should not be allowed to use the Char Select Screen after the Chapter 3(the 2nd one: Old Friends New enemys) scene(when Magus stands there if he isn't in your party)
- Trying to go to the OP ruins doesn't work by talking to Belthasar

Other:
- Magus color is screwed(New game-> debug room-> demo end 2->the "She...I feel it!" Scene)

Addition/Ideas:
- Delivering: Maybe say where these people are, like Bandeau's wife is in Medina(She doesn't live there, does she?) and Eliza in Porre.
- Fighting Tank: Maybe give a message when Head/body/wheel is defeated, like "head disfunctional" or something
- Maybe no fights out back of the OP ruins, Magus was ownd anyways and has a small chance alone against all those panels and stuff.
- Maybe stop the party from being able to move during the Schala/Magus Dialog(it is far to interesting)

Question: How did the Mystics open the Door to the Epoch?

I will try to go on via debug room, because it doesn't seem to work otherwise.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2006, 07:58:54 pm »

- Epoch fight: Lucca asumes the Agent got back 2 days, yet she came back with him to 1002 AD(makes no sense for me)
   -> same with what Belthasar after the Epoch Fight says.
-

In the older plot, history was changed in the recent past.

Gameplay:
Quote from: CyberSarkany
- Healing Square in Sargon's House doesn't work
- After going to 1002 AD with the Agent, you can enter Zenan Bridge from behind.
   -> When you enter the Chapel where the Epoch is before Zenan bridge, screen stays focused yet the Party runs away, can't move.
   -> When entering Crono's House, they run to the stairs, turn around, and than talk to Gina(like they would have if they came from the stairs).
   -> After that, the Chancelor enters and talks about sending one representative to the Camp, yet after that the Zenan Fight won't occur(can't enter the camp without being thrown out, too).
      -> The whole thing after Chronopolis doesn't make sense IMO: Agent returned with you, so how did he have time to get the Tank Repaired?

The healing square works, you just have to use confirm (A) on it instead of walking over it.

In the older version of the plot before Chrono'99 revised it, the cyborg sneaks in the Epoch and is believed to have gone back in time two days by using experimental tests with the Temporal Catch on days.

EDIT- It's been so long since I've visited Zeal Palace in CE! Someone replaced the Zeal Teleporters cave location with the AD 2302 Medical Center. No way to reach Zeal Palace now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 11:06:56 am by Vehek »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »
Shit! I'm sorry! I thought it wasn't needed, too bad that was updates ago.