Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42825 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2006, 10:35:20 am »
No beta test update, but while running through the game to get all enemys I found this one:
After you rescued Ayla and reenter the Lava Area(where you fought Nizbel), you can't leave anymore because you are stuck(pic).

Edit:
- After King Zeal kicked you butt, you can't open the menu(meaning you can't heal Magus). That's bad because there are still some enemys on his way out.
- After you returned and told to get Glenn: You get the Epoch(direct link to 1002 AD), and if you land, the Sprites won't appear(you can't reenter Epoch,m either) meaning you can't go on(pic 2)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 10:52:35 am by CyberSarkany »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2006, 11:38:58 am »
I'm updating the Prerelease portion of the site, and I noticed this:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Image:Denadoro_Mts_%28CTP%29.png.html

That beam of light might be more visually appealing than the current layer 3 effects for the first confrontation with King Zeal.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2006, 01:18:04 am »
I'm going to take a break from beta testing for a little bit.
Work on some other things.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2006, 01:32:11 am »
Gunna have alot to do once I get back to work.  Cyber can you reproduce that bug with the OW sprites not appearing because I can't on my comp.

--jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2006, 06:26:36 pm »
Sure(sry I didn't write before)
There are actually 2 bugs:

Patch: converypuzzlefinished_21_August.ips
1st:
Go to the debug room, talk to the chancelor("Sneak Peak once more") and you end up in the Ocean's Palace ruins. Let King Zeal finish you, go back and talk to Magus and Schala. Now you have to get Glenn, talk to the guy to the right of Belthasar(link to 1002 AD). Now you are (as known) on the ocean's floor standing with the epoch in front of you, but if you enter, you can ONLY change the time perioud(like if the Epoch didn't get his wings), you can also go to 1999 with the "It is coming" Screen before Lavos Erupts, yet the game freezes while showing the new 1999 AD.

2nd:
Same as before, only use the debug guy saying: "Go to chapter 3"(after explaining chapter 2 to Magus). Go on as before, now that you enter Chronopolis with the flying Epoch, you will leave it after rescuing Schala with it(meaning you already fly in 1002 AD), yet if you land, the above mentioned thing(no walking sprites appear) happens.

Hope that helped, if not, sorry, and ask what is unclear.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2006, 04:52:43 pm »
I followed the steps for the missing OW sprites and I wasn't able to reproduce it.  Try to reproduce it and keep track of EVERYTHING it could be caused by something as small as opening up a chest.

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:08 pm »
No beta test update, but while running through the game to get all enemys I found this one:
After you rescued Ayla and reenter the Lava Area(where you fought Nizbel), you can't leave anymore because you are stuck(pic).

Edit:
- After King Zeal kicked you butt, you can't open the menu(meaning you can't heal Magus). That's bad because there are still some enemys on his way out.
- After you returned and told to get Glenn: You get the Epoch(direct link to 1002 AD), and if you land, the Sprites won't appear(you can't reenter Epoch,m either) meaning you can't go on(pic 2)

the bug about magus not being able to heal is a memory command to lock out the menu and character select screens.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2006, 11:56:23 am »
That's kinda odd don't ya think.  Magus is about dead and you have to fight monsters and once you die, you die...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2006, 01:27:16 pm »
I think we should find a way to make Magus heal after the battle.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2006, 01:44:58 pm »
I have to look into it.  Either I'll find a way to block the character select screen but not the menu, remove every character completley, or remove the characters and block the two slots for PC's

Now that I think about it.....does the blackbird block the character select screen but not the menu?

--jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2006, 02:42:18 pm »
I just tried 2 runs to get the missing ow sprite thingy, everything worked fine(meaning no Sprite problems)...
I will give it another try soon, sorry for no help.

Maelstrom

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2006, 06:45:45 pm »
I've been grinding through the beta a second time and trying to simultaneously identify prudent gameplay adjustments (the "reason" I'm here) as well as ponder other issues with the game.  I've identified a number of "extra things" along the way, but I'm exhausting myself too much with the other things (and perhaps not paying as much attention to the gameplay as I need to), so I am halting the process of recording problems/suggestions outside of my realm for the time being.  So, I'm posting my grand list of "other things."

As sort of a primer for what I am saying, when I mention text "borking" or "fubaring" or what-have-you, it pertains to the fact that the text distorts after the message finishes displaying.  I also mention a number of formatting issues, but how they are addressed ultimately depends on how we want to format the text in the speech boxes.  [EDIT: Moved to "Text Issues"]

The other sort of nagging thing is Frog (he's the main reason I gave up).  From an artistic standpoint, I'll restrict my analysis of him to another thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Map

The telepod equipment (in the square near Guardia) probably should be gone.

(You know this already, but...) Zeal Ruins Location is hairy

The ability to exit Chronopolis and not re-enter is a little problematic, even if we are just dealing with an in-house beta.

Coding?

If a player doesn't have an .srm save yet and the player starts the ROM, music plays for a fraction of a second before the prompt to select battle-mode, which is a bit odd.

The user is only prompted to name precisely three characters at the start.  Will further flexibility be granted later?

If you sleep in Chrono's bed, you start so far up the stairs the next day, he warps back up if he tries to to walk down.

The guy in Porre is still selling jerky.

"Oh, you're looking for Renault.  I last saw him in the chapel" is said even if you have not advanced the story to the point he is actually there.

If you sell your Lead Sword before you give Renault his sword, you get a new Lead Sword!

Crono's mom's line doesn't change after you deliver the three items.

Three places in the upper left stairway of Guardia Castle don't play music.

When the Time Egg malfunctions, it seems that the party should show a little more urgency by running away earlier rather than giving long elaborations.

When CML find Magus, the pause before the fade-out is about a couple seconds too long.

Yes, warping people directly to the Porre base is probably a good idea.

The Sergeant at the Poore base probably should face the party when talked to.

The "free grenade" seems a bit...forced, particularly in that everyone is "KO" and then everyone is "normal" just a little later.  Maybe an attack focused at countering Crono (and he'll be reduced to his near-death pose) would work better, but even if that is infeasible, it would help as long as characters would only return to the near-death pose after their stint in the KO pose -- you could return them to full-stance later in the dialogue, but it would seem more "natural" if the transition was more progressive (KO, then near-death, then normal).

The fadeout should probably happen three seconds earlier.

Towards the end of the nighty-night music, there's a flash of the picture from the previous scene; this should be removed.

The party needs to face the strange guy when he talks to them (when they reach the Epoch).

In the three Blue Imp fight, the third character is positioned on the lasers and creates a graphical glitch.  Moving her/him/it up may resolve it, but that doesn't fix the fact the battle is cramped.

Going to the second screen of Mystic Mtns screws up things (PCs do not appear).

Should the "InstrumentP" need to remain the inventory after solving the puzzle?

Ayla's "shocked" look (after the Nizbel fight) doesn't seem like a good expression.  It's important for her to actually look weakened/vulnerable (since she's said to look that way), like she does when she's near-death in battle.

When returning to Zeal, Martello's picture (in combat) messes up a little bit.  Moving it's position down a tad ought to fix it.

The next room with two treasure chests will "trap" a character if the player opens the chest while standing inside of it.

(redundant?) It'd be handy if Magus could the menu to take some Tonics (and allow him to be killed for a Game Over by enemies during the escape).

Vanguard Post (602)
The stairs don't seem to behave like "stairs."

This is a bit later on, but it was memorable enough to recall it: When the party has its talk with King Zeal at 64999998 BC, there is a long period of time when the party and Zeal just stay put while spewing their dialogue.  Even if re-positioning them would disrupt the flow plot, it would seem appropriate to have them do some sort of gestures.  They need to act out *something* to keep the player's attention.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:47:39 pm by Maelstrom »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2006, 09:32:49 pm »
Hm....I'm going to need a day of just organizing all of these bugs into categories (text/mapping/coding).  But I want to tpoint out that there is a thread for all text related"borking" or "fubaring"  I think it's called text related issues.

--jp

Maelstrom

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2006, 02:26:15 am »
Yes sir, I found the other topic on the second page.  I'll move the text-related issues to that topic [DONE].
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 03:30:14 am by Maelstrom »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2006, 03:44:46 am »
Thanks a ton that's alot more manageable!

--jp