Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 43492 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to Demo 2.0
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 01:18:55 am »
What point in the game does Marle kiss Crono?  So I can look up the animation.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 11:02:46 am »
I think she kisses Frog at the Moonlight Parade.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 05:13:41 pm »
It's released!!!

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 08:42:33 pm »
Woot, just in time for me when i got back home :D

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
Re: Known Bugs
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 02:17:06 pm »
Sorry if these are already well know. I also get a bit nitpicky at times but that's probably a good thing =]

Dock's for Medina Ferry

Toma's assistant, "I too have a son named Ash" needs re-writing.

Crono's mom should tell us where the gifts need to go, not just who (I spent a lot of time wandering everwhere at random) and when you talk to her later she doesn't repeat who and where they need to go, a bit confusing.

Castle missing new timeline sections? (like the museum)

"What are you doing with all that wood, why don't you research steam power..."
Doesn't steam require LOTS of fire, and thus lots of wood (seeing as magic and gas are out of the question).

When do royal negotiations not include the chancellor? Isn't that like part of his job? Plus I understand that Crono and crew are hardcore fighters, but there really should be more of a royal presence. After all he's the MOFO KING! He'd have these people address him in his royal chamber and would never lower himself to the level of underlings (they sent people he never met before no way he's bowing down to them).

Lucca spends a long time explaining WHY they should be running instead of doing it... maybe the egg should go off THEN Lucca expalins what the heck just happened.

"Such strange clothes" a comment about Magus on his chapter. Isn't his clother normal for zealians? In which case they would know very well why style of clothes it was.

Magus walks over that huge hole in the ground.

Save state not working in tent next to where Magus wakes up.

Talking to Ishito in the barracks (the bed kid) happy music starts to play.

When Lucca and Crono diguise themselves, they don't follow Marle in a line, they basically overlap. Also, maybe the armor should not be pick up able until I have a reason to have them.

The cut scene with the leader of the barracks was a bit off, I don't think the screen dropped far enough down for when L,M,C are talking.

They jack into Lucca's gun? She changes guns a lot, maybe just give her something like an advanced walkie talkie. Maybe even give the group a (non player usable) item specifically for that.

Dragon Tank fight. I killed head, then body, then the wheel still went for me and was alive. This normal?

Robo's picture colors are inverted.

Robo's runs up a wall to shut the rector down.

In the aftermath of Zeal, all the houses are named "Last Villiage" in the East. Maybe a more fitting name for the first resettlements?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 03:18:16 pm »

Quote from: JossiRossi
Dragon Tank fight. I killed head, then body, then the wheel still went for me and was alive. This normal?

Remember the real Dragon Tank fight? Only beating the body doesn't beat the whole tank, but in this case, the body doesn't stay.
Maybe try the "Crono jumps on tank" stuff like in the real fight? Was kinda cool.

And most of the Ocean's Palace stuff is kinda screwed, because the parts you usually can't walk on(like lava or what this is supossed to be) are walkable.

The colliseum guy near the cook is still talking about his riddles I think(where the keys are hidden).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 03:28:55 pm »
there's a bit called "static enemies" once I set it the dragon tank will stay so that should be fine.  Ocean palace ruins are still a beta map so that's good.

--jp

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 08:53:22 pm »
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but after you rescue Schala it plays the End of Time  theme, but when you go to the character switch screen, it starts playing "Chrono Trigger" Theme. 

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 02:06:00 pm »
Am I supposed to post bugs here? Anyways, if not, please move and tell me where to post next time...

latest rom from the Topic "Check here[...]"

"finishedZeal+mystikbegin_17_june.ips" bugs:

- place of "magic cave" not obvious(west of san dorino)

- before the tunnel: fight with the 3 diabolos not forced(you can walk around)-> corpses of guardian soldiers after the fight with blue guys(forgot name) change to "miss89"

- before entering Tunnel: Crono and Lucca say the exactly same.

- inside; somwetimes 1st, sometimes 2nd room guarded by omnicron: chest is empty(not saying anything)

- Serran: I fought Cyrus ghost once, don't know why thou...

- respawnpoint (if you go out of the tunnel and the area with the dead sodiers to san dorino)-> you are stucked in the woods...(pic 1)

I don't know these Walk-through-walls codes etc. meaning I'm stuck now...
Who do I've to talk to in the debug room to check Zeal btw?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »

Quote from: JossiRossi

Remember the real Dragon Tank fight? Only beating the body doesn't beat the whole tank, but in this case, the body doesn't stay.
Maybe try the "Crono jumps on tank" stuff like in the real fight? Was kinda cool.

My personal opinion is that before Crono sticks his sword into the Dragon Tank for the second time, Lucca should pipe up with something to the effect of. "Haha, seems familliar, doesn't it?"

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 04:30:04 pm »
To get to zeal in debug room, i believe you ahve to talk to the chancellor.  If not that then Kino.  It's one of them

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:14 am »
Me again  :lee:

firstbetaafterdemo_18_june.ips + zeal AI(fixed):

Zeal fight:
- damage stats: Crying Heavens ~ 202; ~ Physical 9; ~ Crimsons Rain 7 ; Tyrano Breath ~ 45; casts magic wall but has no effect for him(still same damage); Stoneattack always missed(Magus+3rd eye); 1 megaelixier if wins
Just a note for editing his attack strength to make them more equal etc., and for comparison:Magus was lvl **

- link to 1002 AD: Epoch is parked on the ocean, yet you can go into it and fly away(pic epoch)

- again fight vs cyrus ghost, pic cyrus after using speedtoggle(just didn't get a pic the last time)

- in medin woods: when Crono leads, Lucca 2nd and Frog 3rd no choice shows up(game freezes)

- Magus doesn't turn to Frog when he talks to him(befor recruiting him), Schala calls him Magus(but she did recognize him as Janus), after the dialog Magus just dissappears instead of the char select to pop up

- 2nd Zeal fight in PD: few graphic glitches and normal battle music, you start to the left of the PD, if you go to ayla, you will be stuck in the ocean of 11998 BC

How is it supossed to go on? Fighting him and get owned on low levels or go talk to ayla? I don't like her, that's why i fought him first.

I didn't read anything of the story, but why is he in the prehistory anyways?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 11:34:17 am »
Interesting glitch about the choice in Medina Woods. 

And thanks for the stats on the King Zeal fight.

Cyrus Ghost will eventually be a redone enemy.  I liked the AI for it because the fight ends after 2 rounds which is what I was going for (the guy comes in and tells them Medina is being attacked.

He went to Prehistory to bring the Frozen Flame as close to Lavos as possible.  It will be up to Zeality whether or not he intends to wak up lavos or just increase the power of the Flame.  Hopefully adding the Frozen Flame Sprite will help make that more clear. 

The choice is going to be a point in the game where you can beat it early (Fight Zeal, even though it should be realllllly hard to beat him w/o New Game+, think first Lavos Fight in Zeal) or go on with the game (Save Ayla, I don't like her either though haha).  That's as far as that patch goes, but more is to come!

Hm Jlukas the reason the Epoch is on the ground is cause I wasn't sure what to set the "Epoch status bit" to make it in flying mode, so if you use the debug room I just set it to "on ground with wings" (A0??).  Do you know if what the flying bit is?

NOTE:  Make white vest availible in coliseum so that zeal is beatable

--jp
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:59:33 am by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 01:04:14 pm »
I gave it(figth vs Zeal) a few tries with my low-level savegames(Magus at 37) with the following results:

Magus lvl 37, 650 HP & 84 MP, 72 mag def.

without anything: Crying Heavens ~1800

with 82 Mag Def.(either Wall ring OR Moon Armour): ~1200 dmg

With mag def 92(wall ring & moon armor): 613!

I didn't know a few more Mag.Def. point could have such a major effect on the damage you take... :lee:

other possible methods: White vest/mail(absorbs)-> but to easy!; R'Bow helm(cuts 50%)-> maybe for lower levels,

I don't think many people will Level up that much and I don't know what items for a Mag. Def. boost will be in the game until that point, but maybe by adding some(or make them buyable in the Colliseum? By getting all the point you need you would also level up a bit), it would be more possible to beat him.

Magus at level 2 takes ~5500 Damage by Crying Heavens...

Maybe, just maybe, how about making the Green Dream available? His first attack instant kills you, you become autorevived and you can heal+set up barrier, may be working(like Lavos 2nd fight).

So the crater in the Prehistory will be like the bucket in the End of Time?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 01:15:55 pm »
I think the crater is more like the first Lavos fight in Zeal.

You can beat lavos and get the programmers ending (talk to Zeal and fight), or you can try to fight lavos, lose, Crono dies and go on with the game (attempt to save ayla).

I think we'll make nice items availible in the coliseum which will allow it to be possible to beat Zeal.

--jp