Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42823 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2008, 01:48:46 pm »
I didn't use them and I had no real trouble fighting enemies. So we should cut it off like you suggested. Not sure how thou.

~~~

3 More map thingies, all in the Reptite Timeline Marle part, and all  in that Forest to the east.

ED_Marle.JPG: As you can see, Marle appears in front the tree(circle); The rectangle indicates an area that cover you too(I think you weren't supposed to walk on it, because it looks like something that is higher than Marle.

ED_Marle_2.JPG: Marle appears behind these 3 bushes(circle); You shouldn't be able to walk on the rectangular part(if looking a few tiles below, it is indicated this is an higher area)

ED_Marle_3.JPG: You can't exit when as far north as possible at the red rectangle(you have to walk a tile below to use the exit); the green rectangle indicates an invisible chest containing a Wall Ring.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 01:52:43 pm by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2008, 03:18:02 pm »
Did you notice the new forest in 1 AD?  It's in the south west and it's where I put the bow that causes confuse.  So you should be able to buy a bow w/o status effect or go get that bow with status effects.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2008, 06:15:22 pm »
Yea I found it. I guess I will use Confuse Bow(saves a few MP at least)+Ice+Mid Tonics, but I can see people using Atk Bow+Aura/Cure if they used Marle a lot+sometimes Ice. I think that's a good thing. Maybe add/insert in the invisible Chest in the eastern Forest a Hit Ring(can we add a few extra + hit here, or is this kind of tuning unavailable?) for the people who want to use the attack bow? That Ring can also be used later in the Lucca/Robo Emerald Dream.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2008, 07:40:01 pm »
I asked in kajar labs for now we'll just assume that accessories are not editable.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2008, 07:16:24 am »
First the an important one:
You can't move anymore after defeating the time sage at the Bottom of TT during the 2nd ED(Crono/Magus/Glenn) -> Stuck! I'll also post it in the bug database, but I think it will be seen here earlier(because, to be honest, I don't really see through the sorting system in this bug report thingy).

I thought I might state in short how I went through the Marle and Crono/Magus/Glenn chapter, while seeing if other ways of playing are supported:
* As mentioned before, I played a magic Marle, and had no problems at all. I just expect an attacker Marle to be harder to play, considering the Reptites and some other enemies def.
* The Crono ED chapterhad no real trouble with enemies. I think it is very well done that some enemies have high magic resistance, so people can't just put the Silverstud on Magus and have an easy time. Glenn, who already learned Heal, was healing all the time, and Crono + Silverstud used Spincut. " Gigasaurs are only a problem if you don't time it well(I just recently noticed their attack bar doesn't reset after being attacked by lightning, unlike the Golems, so you might get an instant electric attack after using lightning). People who don't want to "waste" Glenn can always use the Lapises they find when HP is critical, yet I expect it to be more difficult.

~~~

For bugs and stuff:
- Attack window error(on top while it should be on bottom etc.) will from now on be posted under "Dialog" in the bug report thingy.
- Tabs and Chests will be in the enemy thread
- Other things, except ideas and mapping errors like a character is hidden behind a tile when it shouldn't, are in the bug report thingy.

~~~

Ideas:
- After talking to the Timesage in his cave during the Crono Emerald Dream, maybe have a dialog with the characters discussing what to do. This would be a foreshadowing to the "big" discussion in Chronopolis later on about maybe "destroying" Guardia because of the destruction of the MammonMachine/Frozen Flame.

- After Marle's ED, maybe let the party save and exchange equipment again? I know this somehow destroys this scene(Marle calling fro Crono,and Crono being called by Glenn in the next scene), yet a short break with the entity talking or whatever it might also show the distance between Crono and Marle in their current situation...I think...

~~~

Mapping thingies:
Marle ED 3:
- left: Bottom TT, where the door will be in the next EDs; Head is covered;
- Right: 1st Floor TT; The red marked area is solid(meaning you can walk north and youth of it, yet not on these half-tiles)

Crono ED 1: way to the reptite that offers Elemental armor if you clean the forest; Red marked area is solid;

Crono ED 2: Area with cae to TimeSage; You can walk on the marked area, yet it seems like you shouldn't be able to.

Crono ED 3: Bottom TT; marked areas cover the character;

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 07:29:40 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2008, 07:01:54 pm »
You can't move anymore after defeating the time sage at the Bottom of TT during the 2nd ED(Crono/Magus/Glenn) -> Stuck! I'll also post it in the bug database, but I think it will be seen here earlier(because, to be honest, I don't really see through the sorting system in this bug report thingy).

Definitely report game ending bugs in both.  Just so you know I do read the bug reports daily.  I check the latest bugs by sorting by bug ID (click bug ID on the table once it sorts it small-> big, click it twice it sorts it big->small).

It'll get more manageable here relatively soon when I go on a bug squashing stampede.  I want to do a couple sidequests first.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2008, 05:56:55 am »
Another infinite-loop(like flames still move in their animation) right after talking to the timesage(before the battle itself).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2008, 07:22:27 pm »
Sorry saw this after I got to work I'll look into it tonight.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2008, 04:26:37 pm »
lucca_ED_1.JPG + lucca_ED_2.JPG:
As you see, there are walkable areas(marked with red squares). Shouldn't be.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2008, 08:29:14 am »
I'm on a different PC, hoping I can post at least here...We will see...

Questions:
- What kind of enemy types are there? I just realized, using the Zonker8000, that there must be a difference in machine/none-machine. There are also weapons that deal more damage to magic opponents. Any knowledge of what enemy types exist?

- The Medina Dojo or what it is, where you could fight a Green Imp, what will be done with it?

~

Ideas:
- At the end of the Factory dungeon, how about being able to leave it directly without having to backtrack?
- In the Grey Forgotten Chapter(Missile base infiltration), will the answers you choose when talking to the TimeSage(I presume he is one?) have any influence? I know that there is this "medium ending" before the fight, but will you actually be able to prevent the fight with your answers? Or anything else?
- During the Raid on the Ocean's palace, in room with a savepoint where you have to walk west, yet are able to walk north and youth in 2 rooms with nothing important: maybe force people to go up and down, by maybe shutting a door to the west they have to open using 2 switches or beating a panels or something.
- maybe let Spekkio tell them that he is bored and want to visit the timelines(he watched them it seems, maybe now after gaspar left, wanting to see the world?) -> new sidequest, where spekkio is in diferent locations, and you fight him there, and he always gets stronger? Maybe giving a riddle after you beat him where he is next?

I think we should add more chests to the different Areas of the Terra Tower, so the choice at least makes a small difference. Maybe we could add an Silver earing(the one that give I think +25% HP) on the Marle way, so everyone could get that.
From what I see, there are 2 ways, the left, and the right(I consider the right part one way, Because Crono+Team can go a different way than Lucca and Robo, thus covering the whole right area).

I currently have no idea  what to add to each side to make them unique beside different tabs...but we have to consider the "Ultimate Enemy" is on the left part, and it will most likely give you a very strong Item or something(and it will most likely be unbeatable the first time you go through the game). Maybe we should give away the key later in the story, and go like "if we had this key during the reptite timeline..." hinting to play a NG+ and use the key? That way we could also prevent people from fighting it on a casual new game. We wouldn't have to consider it in our choice for a normal NG.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2008, 01:26:11 pm »
Proxy posting for Cyber.  He seems to not be able to post from his comp:

I seem to only be able to post in the Forum from a different PC, and I currently can't use one, so I might send you a PM more often than expected...

are you sure it's yoru PC and not your browser?  Does this happen in firefox and IE for example?  If it's your browser try clearing your history/cache/cookies and see what happens.

First, the textbox before the Kashmir fight(after Magus and Glenn are trapped in his illusion) repeats infinitely, saying "meanwhile..." etc. The fight doesn't start. I had Crono, Ayla and Robo in my party.

Put up hot fix for that.  It was a bug caused when i made ayla an optional character and only occured if she was in your party.  Enjoy the ending :)

~

Some ideas:
- Ultimate Armors in general should be a bit more character specific(for now they seem to be just elemental armors). I hink I will try to look into it along with the Item special stats thingy.

In the latest patch i believe I did make the ultimate armors only equippable by characters whose sidequest you complete to get it (i.e. you get frogs ultimate armor from training the knights, you get aylas through the datacube, marle through the 1 AD etc).  Their stats are not finalized, it's one of the reasons I was wondering  if you could make the spreadsheet with each armor, when you obtain it and then put what stats it should have.  I'll probably do all the weapon/armor/helmet stats in one big patch but i want to have an overall picture when i do it.

-Glenn's Ultimate armor he gets for his sidequest is far from ultimate. Maybe we should lengthen the quest, that the 3 only appear from certain chapters onwards, so like last one appears at during the "Dalton's last stand" chapter, or maybe add several locations you have to find the 3 NPCs in? That way, we could easily make the armor much stronger without having to fear it being overpowered.
The three quest do appear sporadically throughout the game.  Danny's appears first, then a few chapters later Samuels appears, then a few chapters later Tata appears.  One thing to note is I don't believe you can do this quest unless you saved samuel in mystic tunnels.  That being said both you and vehek have mentioned the quest being subpar (and you may very well be the only two people who have played it :) )so I will extend it.

As for the ultimate armor not being ultimate see above that the stats for all weapons/armors are not finalized.  The only reason they seemed finalized is cause i put them in the order they are stored in the rom, which for the most part was the order you got them in CT.  But some of the armors were out of order (mainly the elemental armors i belive)

- Maybe lesser weapons and armors in the final dungeon, and add them to the sidequests? Otherwise the Sidequests could seem less important, because you already get very strong Items in the last Dungeon.
Well each sidequest has a one to one mapping with a characters ultimate armor so i do believe it is important.  This is probably more of a problem with the armor not being ultimate than the sidequest.  The final dungeon currently contains each characters "second to last" weapon.  Does it contain armor to?  I could see removing those. 

I saved one weapon for each character...the idea I was having for getting their ultimate weapons was if you beat a flame dungeon boss you get a single item which melchior can use to make one ultimate weapon.  (note you don't have to make the ultimate weapon for the character you beat the dungeon with).    So if you beat 3 dungeons you get 3 ultimate weapons.  and in order to get 6 ultimate weaons you have to do new game + atleast once. 

Note that the ultimate weapons won't prove useful until we finalize coliseum enemies and add the ultimate enemies to TT (and there's one more mentioend in the plot forum which i haven't added yet....not sure if we still are)

I'll post this in the forum

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2008, 01:35:04 pm »
I jus saw cybers previous post (not the one I proxied)  replying now (some of this could definitely go in bug submission)

- What kind of enemy types are there? I just realized, using the Zonker8000, that there must be a difference in machine/none-machine. There are also weapons that deal more damage to magic opponents. Any knowledge of what enemy types exist?

I have no idea i realized this while making CE as well. 

- The Medina Dojo or what it is, where you could fight a Green Imp, what will be done with it?

haha nothing that i know of.... that place does change depending on if you choose neutral/porre etc.  i'm up for any ideas
~

Ideas:
- At the end of the Factory dungeon, how about being able to leave it directly without having to backtrack?
bug submission worthy.  Definitely an RPG standard

- In the Grey Forgotten Chapter(Missile base infiltration), will the answers you choose when talking to the TimeSage(I presume he is one?) have any influence? I know that there is this "medium ending" before the fight, but will you actually be able to prevent the fight with your answers? Or anything else?

Yup, there's 3 endings.  He just gets angry and fights you, he changes his mind, and i think one one of his henchmen comes in and fights.

- During the Raid on the Ocean's palace, in room with a savepoint where you have to walk west, yet are able to walk north and youth in 2 rooms with nothing important: maybe force people to go up and down, by maybe shutting a door to the west they have to open using 2 switches or beating a panels or something.

This seems like a good idea.  slow down the pace of the game a little bit.  Also force them to see a schala appearance. Bug worthy.

- maybe let Spekkio tell them that he is bored and want to visit the timelines(he watched them it seems, maybe now after gaspar left, wanting to see the world?) -> new sidequest, where spekkio is in diferent locations, and you fight him there, and he always gets stronger? Maybe giving a riddle after you beat him where he is next?
This is my favorite idea.  Already started implementing it.

I think we should add more chests to the different Areas of the Terra Tower, so the choice at least makes a small difference. Maybe we could add an Silver earing(the one that give I think +25% HP) on the Marle way, so everyone could get that.
From what I see, there are 2 ways, the left, and the right(I consider the right part one way, Because Crono+Team can go a different way than Lucca and Robo, thus covering the whole right area).

I currently have no idea  what to add to each side to make them unique beside different tabs...but we have to consider the "Ultimate Enemy" is on the left part, and it will most likely give you a very strong Item or something(and it will most likely be unbeatable the first time you go through the game). Maybe we should give away the key later in the story, and go like "if we had this key during the reptite timeline..." hinting to play a NG+ and use the key? That way we could also prevent people from fighting it on a casual new game. We wouldn't have to consider it in our choice for a normal NG.

Well there's not much later that we can add the key to since soon afterwards the timeline gets fixed.  And it seems kind of weird that they find a key to the reprite timeline in the human timeline.  But we can make the key new game plussable so that you can fight the boss with CMG if you choose.  To make sure they don't accidently fight the boss we can add a warning message before the fight begins.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2008, 07:52:49 am »
The Dojo, how about timeline respective fights? Like, you can choose to fight a prehistoric set of enemies, which would be several(I mean lots of) fight against enemies that appear in the prehistory. Like, reptites, Lizardactyls etc.. Maybe we could teleports them to prehistorical locations? We could argue that the Imp in the Dojo creates illusions and summonings, or whatever and he just wants to watch interesting fights. He would give you Items if you win a respective timeline-fight, yet you get nothing if you lose(these fights should be loseable). This would be quite different from the Colliseum fight, and most likely only be able at later levels, but most likely fun and challenging. Maybe open this if you decide to join the mystics in 602 A.D. early, and sometimes later if you choose to side with someone different, otherwise it would be somehow of a waste if onyl mystic siders could do it..
Maybe even add old CT bosses that aren't in CT:CE? Like Night Tyrano as last enemy of prehistory fight or whatever.
If this is possible, that is.

~~~

About the UltimateWeapon thingy: Ayla won't get one, will she?
So, ultimate armors will be Sidequest stuff, while Weapons will be Flamedungeon stuff? Maybe make the player need, besides something he gets from the flamebosses, a Character specific Item? So the players needs the raw material from the Flamedungeon Bosses + A unique Item for each character people could also get in Sidequest, or as Colliseum prizes or whatever? Or maybe that's too much.

~~~

Oh, and a few Mapping errors I found while I couldn't post, so they are in a kind of bundle. Sorry if they are hard to see.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2008, 02:18:12 pm »
The dojo is a good idea.  You want this to start around chapter 5 i'm assuming (after making the decision?).   If we make the list of enemies it shouldn't be that hard to implement either.

If we get good ideas for the character specific items I have no problem with that assuming we have 6 more item slots available.

--JP

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2008, 05:33:16 pm »
Wish I had more time. I've been reading what's been going on and I'm continually amazed. Hope it won't seem intrusive to come in with like corrections or slight story changes later on, like I'm just editing the finished work...but yeah, this progress is amazing.