Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42840 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2008, 09:49:13 am »
During the area with the different Timelines(where you get  blurry screen when you go to a different area), where do I actually have to go?
In the 2nd area(with a throne and a Mutant on it), there is an exit to the right that leads to a millenia-fair lake place, but there is other exit there.
I also tried to go south in the throne area(because the carpet hinted to do so) but there is no exit.
The first room also only lead to the Throne Room...

I hope this is the last time I'm stuck.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2008, 01:06:30 pm »
It's probably another bug I created...unfortunately i'm already at work so I can't check myself but you should be able to

Go down to a destroyed  future area
Left to a teleporter that goes to a nice future area
down to a zeal area
u turn around to mammon machine area
and then you are done with the game!

So close haha.

Maybe when I cleaned up the map i made it impossible to reach the exit to the future area (usually happens due to zplane)

--JP

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2008, 01:44:34 am »
Hmmm...It looks like the first savegame not having PC1's name and saying "LV 0" has to do with save 3's chapter title. Apparently, the third savegame's chapter name being too long leads to the game overwriting the memory it reads to write the first PC's name.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2008, 02:09:13 am »
Ah, that makes sense...did you mark the 3 chapters as a bug?  I'll see if I can squish them (...even more...) or we'll ask zeality for new names.

--JP

EDIT:  Reread it and realized you had said "the third save games" file not three save game titles...even that doesn't make sense.  I can do some debugging to find the max number of characters for the titles and try to fix them.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:20:13 am by jsondag2 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2008, 03:53:23 am »
I looked at the game's code again. It looks like it has to do more with the pixel length on-screen of the chapter title.

An example of PC1's name being overwritten:
$$C2/5EF0 A6 6E       LDX $6E    [$00:026E]   A:0000 X:000C Y:0000 P:envMxdIZc
$C2/5EF2 BC EA 5F    LDY $5FEA,x[$C2:6006]   A:0000 X:001C Y:0000 P:envMxdIzc
$C2/5EF5 97 73       STA [$73],y[$7E:7608]   A:0000 X:001C Y:0200 P:envMxdIzc

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2008, 05:58:17 am »
So, I just finished my first run, I think I'll start the 2nd one tommorow.

What should I pay attention to? What I already thought about were these:

Considering Battles:
- finer enemy tuning
- attack window(if it appears for example on top, yet all enemies are on top)
- Enemy/player position(sometimes, enemies are that far on top/bottom that the info screen covers them)
- Items available for steal(I think Bosses should give Tabs or rare Items...)*

Shops:
- Making sure that later shops don't sell weapons and armor that are weaker than the ones offered in previous shops without a reason. A reason would be extra modifications like Magic +5, or a super expensive super Item or whatever.

Items**:
- Tabs
- More/different (content in) Chests
- Accessories

Of course looking for more bugs.

* How are the stealing probabilities determined? What stat is important/is it an invisible stat that raise with level? Can we modify it so some enemies are harder to steal form than others? Double Steal(or whatever this tech was called) won't be in I presume, because you could steal different Items using it(or will we just modify it so you get the "normal" stealing Items with a higher probabilities?)

** Is there a list of all Weapons and Armor etc. with stats and specials? And which are used already? If yes, I could make a list of chapters and what character can get what Weapon at which chapter, that way we could see where characters could use a new weapon(except Magus).

Any objections or additions?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2008, 02:01:19 pm »
Good list,

First off if you haven't erased that game:

What level were your characters?
How long did it take (I realize this is skewed due to fast forward)

A couple additions to this list.

Exit facing
Exit position (there's an option for "half tile left" or "half tile up" so if the exit is two tiles they should never be on the far end of the tile)
Going with enemy/player positions I've seen situations where a character dies and the enemy can't reach the living player, let me know if you see that.
If any dialogue issues jump out at you let me know but don't worry about going and talking to everyone I'd rather keep you focused on battles/items.
Obvious mapping issues....don't worry about a foot or top of the head being covered but if the whole body is being covered when it shouldn't let me know (again don't worry about actively looking just if you notice)
Tech Points/G are climbing to slow....G we can fix by making items cheaper and that'd probably be easier.  But I believe you mentioned earlier that techs took to long to get
Alluded to above we'll get pricing straighted out this time around.  I definitely noticed some problems.

Concerning weapons:
We have the exact same stats as the previous weapons and armor...um you can use CTEC:

http://chronofan.com/Black/Other/ctec.rar

Use it to open up the rom and it'll show you the stats of a weapon and what...perks... available (adding stop, adding higher critical hit %, etc)... I'm 92% sure there's some sort of bug in it so I wouldn't use it to edit...editing weapons for me is kind of slow right now...I use CTEC to edit one weapons stat on a dummy rom...then use a hex editor to see what got changed....then manually change the hex in our crimson echoes rom.

Concerning stealing, here's a thread where I was asking about it here

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=5959.0

Right now magus success rate is 46% i believe (its whatever aylas was).  The double tech simply increased that rate (i've never seen double charm fail?)  There are rare items but we don't really have control over the rare items. 

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2008, 05:37:20 am »
My level were ranging from 40 for the characters I didn't really use like Marle to 45 for Magus who was in my party as often as possible.

My timer says ~ 22 hours, yet I used fast forward nearly everytime(even when just waiting my attack gauge to be filled...).

About the TP thingy: it was very easy during the end to farm lots of TP, my Glenn even learn Frog Squash and Magus only needed 80 more(about 1 battle) for Darkmatter. I only really remember getting Dark Mist around Dalton's Chapter. We should raise the TP at the beginning(Marle an Lucca didn't even get their 4th tech haha), and maybe lower the later ones a bit(or we can keep them to make sure people get their final techs).
We didn't consider sidequests yet, if there are any that involve dungeons with monsters.

What about the Final Boss? Will it be King Zeal and after him another enemy? I didn't really read the plot summary, because I don't really want to know everything yet, yet he is the most likely choice. What about the Mammon Machine? Will you have to fight it before King Zeal, because it happens to be the last thing in the dungeon.

Will the player be able to leave the dungeon at the end, so to maybe finish some sidequests or whatever?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:45 am »
Its going to be kasmir and then king zeal. There were talks about a powered up king zeal but I don't think we are going to do it.  I also remember talks about a large time devourer but unless I here a reason for it I don't think we should fight lavos yet again.

Jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37:45 am »
To be honest, this doesn't really sound like a cool final battle. Does anything unsuspected happen? I mean if we look at CT: When you destroyed Lavos Shell, which you have been preparing for ever since you went into the bucket at the end of time just to see how Lavos looks like and what attacks he can do, you didn't expect there was more to fight inside it and people most likely went "woa". Especially considering they just fought Queen Zeal + Mammon Machine + Queen zeal 2nd Form + Lavos Shell. Or CC, where you learn about the TimeDevourer just seconds after you defeated the DragonGod, and seconds(if we don't count the hours of dialoge) before you stand in the DBT and fight it.

A different question: Should the stuff I started to look at all be put into that bug report thingy? The mapping errors and bugs for sure, the attack window maybe under dialoge, but how about the treasures? They (and more or less tabs) are most likely things to be discussed.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2008, 01:45:33 pm »
Touche,

There is some wow "plot" moments (I don't want to give anything away).  We would add a "merged" King Zeal and frozen flame the only thing is the only real sprites we could use for that is the Zeal face and hands.  We'd have to definitely mess with their  sprites but it's definitely worth if it alot of people have that reaction to the final battle :).  Do you think that is to corny?

Post treasures/tabs um...post at both?  I'll just resolve them if we decide not to do it.  I'm not going to do round 3 for a little bit here and i dont want to have to search through multiple posts to find what we decided to do.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2008, 07:03:04 am »
About this Character being covered when he shouldn't be, wouldn't it be easier t just say where it is and post a picture?
Like:
Ocean's palace, at the end where you fight King Zeal(see attachment for pic)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2008, 02:02:19 pm »
Oh yes that is definitely the most preferable u didn't want to make it to difficult for you.

Jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2008, 06:17:10 am »
About Kashmir's Fort in 602 A.D. Chapter 4 onwards: This place shouldn't be so easy to raid at chapter 4, yet it shouldn't be unavailable. Maybe we should add a few enemies of these strong enemies you can't escape at the beginning. People who want these strong Items now have to fight strong enemies to get them, and only the strong people will dare to go further.

Edit: Mapping error at the beginning of Kashmir's lair.

Edit 2: Found 2 more, both at the Ozzy minigame area. The first one is self explanatory, half of the characters body is covered when to near to the fence like thingy.

The 2nd one is harder to get: you have to somehow approach it from the south, and turn around.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:27:04 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2008, 12:52:07 pm »
oh wow i forgot those chests would be accessible wouldn't they... they really shouldn't be accessible at all they are very powerful ....like 10 chaptrs later powerful.. Maybe we can put "kasmir illusion" that just keep reappearing at all three of those doors?

--JP