Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 43673 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2006, 08:58:32 am »
And it seemed like magus was back to his asskicking form, after not having him in my party at all he was dealing well over 1000 damage to every enemy.

You use the Doomsickle(or Iscariot) which deals double damage if your friend is dead, tripple if all are dead, and since you play alone you have the x3 damage bonus.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2006, 09:52:51 am »
Well, doublepost, but anyways, just finished Zeal again and a bit of the next stuff, here what I noticed:

NotDialogueThisTimeRForest_25_july.ips:

Gameplay stuff:
- Can't change Glenn's name, and he is "Frog" in the dioaloges.

PHEWalsochronopolisOW_7_august:

Debug room:
- After talking to Belthasar you are in the Chronopolis OW map stuck in the water.

Reptite Timeline:

Gameplay stuff:
- Cedric only says:"Good Luck" if you talk to him again, maybe add again what you have to do in a shorter way.
(- reptite forest : I dont get it)

Sprite stuff:
- spire vs draygun or whatever he is called: screwy pallets(spirece pic)

Zeal:

Textboxes: I screened all I found, but I'm not sure if this is needed(maybe it is one bug causing all to miss some letterparts?) I marked them green.

Map stuff:
- If you enter the cave to go to the Palace, you end up there(zealcave pic)
- The backround in the blackbird area is Black(inenemy pic)
- The backround of Zeal is still grey(wasn't it different once?)

Musik:
- If you enter the landbridge from Kajar(to go to Enhasa): the music stops, yet the other side has music.
- Kajar has no music(because it is night? But why do the other places have music?)

Sprite stuff:
- The dreamer in Enhasa(new area) has open eyes(inenemy pic)
- You are standing in Dalton's guard when you fight him(in enemy pic)

Other:
- Spring of Whatever(blue thingy that recovers HP when you walk over it) doesn't work in Enhasa

gameplay stuff:
- Maybe a hint that you need to talk to the Nu again to get the Riddle
- Maybe another way to get back to Chronopolis? It just doesn't seem right to have a person there...Maybe an exit/entrance point to beam or stuff.

And sry for those large pic, I try to do better next time.
Should I Post bugs like here(categories) or like before in the order I noticed them? What is easier for you?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2006, 11:05:35 am »
Just going to make quick notes here for later since I'm pretty busy and might not be able to get to these for awhile:

- Can't change Glenn's name, and he is "Frog" in the dioaloges.

-------This was intentional for now.  I wasn't sure if we were going to force people to call him Glenn, if we keep it this way once we do manually change the name from Frog to Gllenn it'll be fine.

- After talking to Belthasar you are in the Chronopolis OW map stuck in the water.
-------This is my bad the latest rom fixes this....I'm a horrible guy and actually have the latest rom in the "corruption" thread right now.

- Cedric only says:"Good Luck" if you talk to him again, maybe add again what you have to do in a shorter way.
--------Definately, Zeality will be doing text

(- reptite forest : I dont get it)
-------You have to go the right directions.  The right directions correspond to the Goldeneye "Golden Gun" code.  Left, Up Right down Right Up Up I believe.  There'll be better hints once Zeality does the text.

- spire vs draygun or whatever he is called: screwy pallets(spirece pic)

------Hm this is usually because of Layer 3 (like how the snow dissapears when you do lightning 2), it is only spire or other techs to.....I doubt I can fix this.  It may have to be remapped.

Textboxes: I screened all I found, but I'm not sure if this is needed(maybe it is one bug causing all to miss some letterparts?) I marked them green.
-------There's a thread called Text Issues (it may be second page now), where we need to keep track of these.  Simply put I put in like 100 text boxes in one day and it really is a pain to get them perfect.

- If you enter the cave to go to the Palace, you end up there(zealcave pic)
-------UGH.......I can fix that but I'll have to import the map

- The backround in the blackbird area is Black(inenemy pic)
-------It's supposed to be, it's night

- The backround of Zeal is still grey(wasn't it different once?)
---------I want to make it black but I need someone more graphically inclined to do it.

- If you enter the landbridge from Kajar(to go to Enhasa): the music stops, yet the other side has music.
- Kajar has no music(because it is night? But why do the other places have music?)
---------Editiing an area in TF changes the music to silence.  Because I constantly go through and edit areas (sometimes just one line of code) it's annoying to reset the music every time so I'm going to do a mass music overhaul at one point.

Sprite stuff:
- The dreamer in Enhasa(new area) has open eyes(inenemy pic)
--------I'm pretty sure even the old CT sleeping "male Zeal" sprites have their eyes open, there's not actually a sleeping sprite it's just the normal guy sprite with his lower body missing.

- You are standing in Dalton's guard when you fight him(in enemy pic)
------weird.....did it start out like this or did that happen half way through the battle.

Other:
- Spring of Whatever(blue thingy that recovers HP when you walk over it) doesn't work in Enhasa
-------whoops, I just deleted all the old code and put in fresh completely forgot about that.

gameplay stuff:
- Maybe a hint that you need to talk to the Nu again to get the Riddle
-------Yes I agree, I noticed  this too.

- Maybe another way to get back to Chronopolis? It just doesn't seem right to have a person there...Maybe an exit/entrance point to beam or stuff.
------------Hm.....that should actually be doable (my initial fear was that it was the wrong tile set but it shouldn't be a problem since it already has a tile set.  I'll take a look at this.

-Easiset way for me to fix these is actually if you can post it by "location" since that's how I go through and fix them.

--jp
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 02:53:35 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2006, 11:32:26 am »
Top left-Hard to see but the edges of tiles don't match, some are of darker color.
Top right-General just touch up the top of the screen, seems ver artificial, I would do this myself but TF won't fully load the rom right now.

-----Really we need a "Map bug fixer."  If anyone is interested just fix it and make the .flux file and I'll add it in.  If noone does it I'll do it myself eventually.

2nd from the top left- Magus is still overpowered, not because of his strength stat, but because he is getting that weapon too early in the game(322-700), Right now I believe this was done (as well as vedic blade for Chrono) to make beta tests go faster, but before the final release should be changed. Bosses are just too easy.

---You nailed it.  It won't be there for the final.

Right- House on the bottom left of Chronopolis, there some furniture haning from the top of the wall.
Midleft-Can walk too far into Chronopolis buiding, as well as the forest to the right (only three trees are barriers on bottom and top), and several other buildings
midright- bridge just looks quirky, more buildings you can walk through

--1999 Tile properties has been posted in the "corruption" thread JLukas is looking into it.

Nextdown left- no barrier on the bottom makes the room decieving, unless it is planned to add an accesible area there.
Right- the edges of the fire look odd, out of place. (on the left and right) maybe just put something over it to make it lok more normal.

-----Really we need a "Map bug fixer."  If anyone is interested just fix it and make the .flux file and I'll add it in.  If noone does it I'll do it myself eventually.

Bottomleft- Black gap out of nowhere just doesn't look right, maybe put a door there instead of balck space after the wall is removed.

IIRC that tileset didn't have a door.....maybe I'm wrong though.....why would I do a black hole...

Bottom right- understandable, since playable glenn isn't ready, don't put it in the game yet, although it did surprise me after I had played the public beta.

---What concerns me about that is Crono was talking actually....

Topleft-place to get stuck in 1200AD(and once you're there you're there

Topright-Prop masamune (prop sword?) doesn't look so good.

--The pic is small.....is it a pallette issue I don't remember it looking bad?

Nextleft-Toma's Monument(whatever it's called), has two bookcases you can walkthrough, where the party is now, and where the red X is.

Right-Well you could go up and talk to TomaXII in the last public beta, now you can't

--------Weird.....I'll lookinto that

Nextleft&right- for some reason, based off of these Dialogue boxes it seems Tata has two fathers.

------I can't quite read it, Zeality will have to look at that (text guy)

Nextleft-New little Islad, don't know what it's for, but you can walk over the rock.

-----Yea I'm not sure what it planned for that either, I didn't touch this OW.

Right- Every here and there when you leave Chronopolis to 1002 AD, you end up landed on the ocean.

-----Yea the 1999 OW map was redone and the exits haven't been fixed yet.

Nextleft-Maybe make the mountains smaller to make the path a little more obvious, no bug whoop (nothing necessary)

--------A surpising amount of people agree with you actually.

Right-After going up into the singing mountain Cave, then immediately turning back(before going up to fight the boss), you get stuck in the wall, not even where the door is.
--------hm...yea that needs to be fixed

Bottomleft-The cavedoor opening is partially covered by the overhang.
--------I like that

Bottomright-When going to get Schala right after Magus shows up Robo dissapeared completely, and it still said he was in my party (he reappeared after I left the room).
---------Ew......you'd be surprised how bad this code is.....sigh

By the way in the last Public beta you could choose characters to rotate in and out, in this version you can't I don't know if that's on accident or deliberate.
----------Ever?  or in certain rooms? 

Also after You fight King Zeal all the way up until you get back to Chronopolis you can't open the menu screen. And it seemed like magus was back to his asskicking form, after not having him in my party at all he was dealing well over 1000 damage to every enemy.

----------I need to take a look at this.  I meant to just remove the menu switching characters menu not the other menu too. 

phew that's alot of bugs

EDIT:  Conditionalize the Reptite Time sage on Terra Tower 1st floor
          Make the door blocked earlier

--jp
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 03:30:05 am by jsondag2 »

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs & Beta Testing
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 05:24:38 pm »
Here are some that don't really need screenshots,
The rooms going up to the damaged mammon machine(which that room was beautifully done) are a little out of wack in tiles. Once I figure out why Temporal flux isn't working I'll jump in on editing the overworld/locations. I don't know why I can't decompress events.

600AD-Once you get frog, you're told to go somewhere, where there was a dispute between porreans and mystics, however you're given no idea where this area is. So I'm still looking for it.
The King isn't sitting on the throne, rather he appears to be sitting on air in front of the throne.
When you're talking to Queene leene frog responds, yet your party still has free roam, it seems odd when you're walking around and frog shouts back to her.
First mystic house-The guy tells me people got stuck in the tunnel up North, but what tunnel up north?

65milBC-Singing mountain when you leave and come back you still have to input 1243 to open the cave door, It would seem better if it stayed open.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2006, 09:14:02 am »
You need to go to the San Dorino Plains(it's a 1 tile area left of San Dorino, the village between Porre and Guardian that isn't in 1000 AD anymore).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2006, 04:47:10 pm »
Bottomright-When going to get Schala right after Magus shows up Robo dissapeared completely, and it still said he was in my party (he reappeared after I left the room).
---------Ew......you'd be surprised how bad this code is.....sigh

Outlaw, do you remember what your party was and in what order?

--jp

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2006, 08:28:31 pm »
You need to go to the San Dorino Plains(it's a 1 tile area left of San Dorino, the village between Porre and Guardian that isn't in 1000 AD anymore).

And I've been thinking it was that cave in Medina the whole time. :x

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2006, 08:39:56 am »
Yeah San Dorino Plains, even though it's just "plains", need to be a little more visible on the map (somehow).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2006, 10:32:12 am »
Yea we'll probably end up  making it a desert tile surrounded by grass tiles unless someone thinks of a better idea.

--jp

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2006, 01:24:37 pm »
What about the sinkhole sprite? It could work a lot better, plus, you can see it! :P

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2006, 01:36:09 pm »
Sinkhole sprite??  The one where you go under Fiona's Desert?  Hm perhaps that would work better since you jump in a tunnel.

--jp

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2006, 02:31:17 pm »
Outlaw, do you remember what your party was and in what order?
Chrono Marle Robo
Robo reappears once you enter a new area, but it still is strange none the less.

This isn't neccessarily a bug, but a lot of Glenn's quotes don't feel like they're being said be Glenn.
To Serran(1st time)"Frog: Wait! You Bastard!
We'd better get out of here. Those Porre hicks will be toast like their frineds back on Zenan."

Glenn seems more inclined to say Rogues instead of hicks to me, he also missing his accent, and this sounds like something an antogonist would say

not a bug, but my own stupidity, I previously believed you couldn't exchange characters, now I find out you press Y while walking on the map.

It seemse akward that when Frog is shown after putting the masamune away in the beginning he's in the mountains where you got ti in CT, but when he gets it to beat Serran he gets it from the cathedral. It's not relly a bug, just something that feels out of place.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 09:53:31 pm by TheOutlaw »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2006, 11:01:47 pm »
He didn't put away in the cave. He says he considered putting it back in the cave, but reconsidered.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2006, 03:43:12 am »
All bugs that I "fixed" before are unfixed due to a found corruption in ROM.  ........I swore quite a bit.  So they have to be reapplied, also Tile properties for new OW's (not 1999) and fix Dalton Dungeon bug where you go back in the door you came from.

--jp