Author Topic: Known Bugs & Beta Testing  (Read 42865 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Known Bugs
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2006, 09:35:59 am »
I started playing throu again with the newest patch, here what I noticed untill chapter 2:

theGreatDialogueRevolutionBegins_24_july.ips:

- Medina ferry doesn't work(when you say yes, you leave the building without using the ferry), so yoan't go on without the debug room.

- pic 1: you can go around the exit on the left and right, the square is the exit and the stripes are where you can walk around.

- pic 2: left exit from the thrown(sp?) room: you can still exit to the right, but there are steps missing(same for the right exit of the thrown room)

- meeting: when the porre guys leave, they seem to become one sprite(they run up the stairs simultanly and not behind each other)

- lots of tiles are brighter in the Scene with Glenn at D.Mountain(sry for the lack of pics, only 4 allowed per post)

- when Magus' chapter starts and he wakes up, the epoch is outside and you can use it(change time period etc.),

- pic 4: can't walk through after the boss fight(you can walk around)

- when you enter Daltons hideout, you face up(where the exit is) and not down like he just entered, same when you enter a false exit and go to the golem or enter the last area with Dalton

- the save point(Hideout) does work, but not using shelter(nor is there this clinging sound when you walk on it)

- when defeat the golem in the hideout: the hole opens but you can still move(can float over it), you still appear in the saveroom after a few secs.

- in the save room in daltons hideout(when you go down the stairs) there is 1 tile where you can't talk through(~ the middle)

- in Sargons house, Magus walks up to threat him, yet it seems like hes going to walk past him(pic 3) and not watching him

- if you go to Sargon before to the elder(like searching for healing first), the elder skips the first meeting part

I messed up the order...sry for that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 10:29:59 am »
- Medina ferry doesn't work(when you say yes, you leave the building without using the ferry), so yoan't go on without the debug room.

---Chrono 99.......Sorry but you may actually  have to look at that one for me.   I don't want to just re apply that patch.  I'm guessing it's just the memory value that is suppose to be set in the ferry before going to the overworld isn't being set but I'm not sure.

The rest of them I should be able to get to tonight.  The epoch one sorta freaks me out but...well we'll see.

Note to self:  Add Exodus map

--jp
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:03:24 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2006, 02:43:50 am »
Fixed most of the bugs.  Below are the ones I didn't get to (The Ferry's even running again (not sure what happened).

- pic 4: can't walk through after the boss fight(you can walk around)

------Can you check that this got fixed?

- when you enter Daltons hideout, you face up(where the exit is) and not down like he just entered, same when you enter a false exit and go to the golem or enter the last area with Dalton

---------Forgot this I'll get it tomorrow

- in Sargons house, Magus walks up to threat him, yet it seems like hes going to walk past him(pic 3) and not watching him

- if you go to Sargon before to the elder(like searching for healing first), the elder skips the first meeting part

----------These were intentional........hm I'll see if I can move Sargon to the middle of the room for that scene.....You skip the beginning because Magus already set Sargon straight so there's no need for the elder to send him down there.  I think I'll have to have a look at it.

--jp

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 02:46:42 am »
There's no ExploreMode off if you enter Dalton's hideout before he tells you to.  As long as you don't close the textbox in the first part of the dungeon, you can go through it as normal.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 03:11:06 pm »

----------These were intentional........hm I'll see if I can move Sargon to the middle of the room for that scene.....You skip the beginning because Magus already set Sargon straight so there's no need for the elder to send him down there.  I think I'll have to have a look at it.

--jp

Well, but the text from the elder should be a bit different then(because Magus hasn't even meet him) and not just skipping the introducing part. IMO.

Edit: Here is what I found out new(don't worry, there will be another post, too, but I just need this post for pics.

Here the 2nd part of the old patch:

part2 theGreatDialogueRevolutionBegins_24_july.smc:

- pic 1 : Marle dissapears behind the opening to the epoch.

- [pic 2: they are not watching Belthasar/Robo}

- Zenan bridge: After the dragon tank and mystics fight, the screen auto scrools to the left, yet you can still walk the other way (you can run outside and everything repeats, you can even go to the back of Zenan Bridge and run through the porreans), but when it reaches the porreans before you leave the screen, they come back.

- Belthasar sais Magus instead of the changed name, same when Magus joins the party(after you told Magus everything/1st part of Chapter 2)

- yYu can actually go to the Colliseum etc. when the mystics raid Chronopolis

- If you give away the Jade Orb, the guy still asks for one.

(- maybe something for Zeality: How about making a few books in Daltons Hideout readable with these peotic things(like the one in the secret chamber in CT), because I always liked that) -> already mentioned.

- The music when you visit Cyrus Grave(the room) doesn't fit IMO(it's the one from Spekkio I think), at least in 600 AD when noone else is there it should be changed.

- tomas shrine (pic 3), just a small map Thingy I saw, don't know if this was done on purpose, though(red marked).

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 04:51:02 pm by CyberSarkany »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 04:56:18 pm »
Here the new patch until the begin of chapter 3:
NotDialogueThisTimeRForest_25_july.ips:

- pic 4: After you are told to get Ayla and move to the impact crater: the light just shows up for a very short time, note that magus is there and in my team.

(- still mystic mountain bug, can't enter 2nd last screen/you fall off the screen) -> mentioned before

- pic 5: after opening the chest it still is closed when you leave/reenter(Singing Mountain)

- (pic 6: 2 magus with 1 having screwed colours.) ->mentioned before

Oh, and why I marked some already mentioned: since it was mentione dbefore, maybe you/someone were/was working on a solution and didn't add it or stuff.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:52 pm »
I was the one who mentioned them before.

The first one has something to do with the Big Desiction(misspelled) while I have no idea what the hell is up with the second one, I'm gussing it has something to do with Magus being in the party.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 12:23:52 am »
I believe I fixed it this time around....last time I just loaded the enemy magus thinking nothing could go wrong if i did that....but it didn't solve it (obviously).  So hopefully tonights patch will be good.

--jp

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2006, 01:48:09 am »
There are a lot of random exits in the reptile forest. I even fought a Lavos spawn!

Plus I have no idea on how to get through.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2006, 02:11:11 am »
oo crap I did forget to get rid of those exits. 

The way to get through is the Goldeneye Golden gun code (from the Marle sidequest thread, there'll be more hints once Zeality fixes up the text).

Anyways I'm pretty sure it's left, up right down right up up

replace the last up with left to rescue the little girl and replace the last up with right to get to the two spies.

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 03:37:33 pm »
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but on the Epoch screen the multicolored line on the C has disappeared between 600 AD and 1,000 AD (must have been when we changed the year graphics).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2006, 03:44:33 pm »
You man on the very far left?  I'll need to pull out a non modified one to compare it with.

Justin headed up that change any ideas ?

--jp

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2006, 04:08:23 am »

Top left-Hard to see but the edges of tiles don't match, some are of darker color.
Top right-General just touch up the top of the screen, seems ver artificial, I would do this myself but TF won't fully load the rom right now.
2nd from the top left- Magus is still overpowered, not because of his strength stat, but because he is getting that weapon too early in the game(322-700), Right now I believe this was done (as well as vedic blade for Chrono) to make beta tests go faster, but before the final release should be changed. Bosses are just too easy.
Right- House on the bottom left of Chronopolis, there some furniture haning from the top of the wall.
Midleft-Can walk too far into Chronopolis buiding, as well as the forest to the right (only three trees are barriers on bottom and top), and several other buildings
midright- bridge just looks quirky, more buildings you can walk through
Nextdown left- no barrier on the bottom makes the room decieving, unless it is planned to add an accesible area there.
Right- the edges of the fire look odd, out of place. (on the left and right) maybe just put something over it to make it lok more normal.
Bottomleft- Black gap out of nowhere just doesn't look right, maybe put a door there instead of balck space after the wall is removed.
Bottom right- understandable, since playable glenn isn't ready, don't put it in the game yet, although it did surprise me after I had played the public beta.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2006, 06:45:39 am »

Topleft-place to get stuck in 1200AD(and once you're there you're there
Topright-Prop masamune (prop sword?) doesn't look so good.
Nextleft-Toma's Monument(whatever it's called), has two bookcases you can walkthrough, where the party is now, and where the red X is.
Right-Well you could go up and talk to TomaXII in the last public beta, now you can't
Nextleft&right- for some reason, based off of these Dialogue boxes it seems Tata has two fathers.
Nextleft-New little Islad, don't know what it's for, but you can walk over the rock.
Right- Every here and there when you leave Chronopolis to 1002 AD, you end up landed on the ocean.
Nextleft-Maybe make the mountains smaller to make the path a little more obvious, no bug whoop (nothing necessary)
Right-After going up into the singing mountain Cave, then immediately turning back(before going up to fight the boss), you get stuck in the wall, not even where the door is.
Bottomleft-The cavedoor opening is partially covered by the overhang.
Bottomright-When going to get Schala right after Magus shows up Robo dissapeared completely, and it still said he was in my party (he reappeared after I left the room).
By the way in the last Public beta you could choose characters to rotate in and out, in this version you can't I don't know if that's on accident or deliberate.
Also after You fight King Zeal all the way up until you get back to Chronopolis you can't open the menu screen. And it seemed like magus was back to his asskicking form, after not having him in my party at all he was dealing well over 1000 damage to every enemy.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2006, 08:42:24 am »
Bottomleft-The cavedoor opening is partially covered by the overhang.
Well, it's supposed to be like this. The stuff is above the passage, covering it a bit. The opening is in the mouth.