Author Topic: Yay  (Read 4532 times)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 08:56:57 am »
The texts are probably not that important right now. The codes and events must be done first, and then later we could have one council of "dialoguists" (I'm pretty sure this word doesn't exist but you get the point) do/redo the script so that everything is in a well-written (and coherent) tone throughout the whole game. Well we still have to do good dialogues for the second demo though, but nothing is definitive.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 09:58:41 am »
I just realized I posted the rom instead of the patch, my internet is down at home right now so we'll have to wait till that's fixed before I can repost (it better be fixed before I get back from work haha).  Yea when I say we need text I was thinking of text that'll be in demo 2.  

But you are right the coding is definately priority.  If anyone has any suggestions at all feel, whether they think a conversation doesn't have enough animations, or if the party is off centered after a move party...um forgot to put music in a location, anything like that feel free to post.

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 04:08:30 pm »
Well, things at least look to be heading in the right direction.

As you said, dialogue should be done once everything is already set up. Which makes my job slightly irrelevant at the point...

Anyways, I'll look over the ROM again. So far so good however.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 10:41:54 pm »
OK, my ISP decided to go on the fritz so I can't upload the fix however there is a bug when you go to chronopolis the first time, Belthasar doesn't give the tour.  It's because his sprite is loaded on a solid tile.  You can circumvent it if you use the debug room to go to the chapter afterwards.  

When I do get a chance to upload you'll see

--600 AD guardia continent new strings
--Dialogue after singing mountain battle
--fixed the "two spaces" at the beginning of every dialogue box (I was putting page break instead of full break)

Keep posting bugs, let's make this rom shine

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Yay
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2006, 12:04:53 am »
Hehe, I've been messing with temporal flux, and changing some code and adding some new, like accessing a shop before the beginning of the game and music to the load screen :D, or making Chrono's mom giving crono 65535 G. So i'm a newbie at this.

Daniel Krispin

Yay
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2006, 02:37:45 am »
Hmmm... darn. I don't think TF works on this computer now. Oh, well.

A question, which sort of bugs are you talking about? Because I see a whole bunch all the time (ie. the Melchiors instead of the Guardian Soldiers... I don't think that's been resolved yet. Or the character's head going underneath rather than over in places), but I'm not sure what's considered still a 'rough draft' and what you want to be done in a more polished fashion.

Anyway, if there's anything I might be of any use on, it's dialogue (though, I admit, when I saw the changes you made, ie. Magus' dialogue and the like, I didn't much care for what I'd written. It sounds fine and all in my writing, but doesn't seem to fit in an RPG like that, you know?) But I'll see. If I've got a skill in anything, it's in writing. However, I'm still wary about helping with the project, as the fear of the legal ramifications are a little worrisome, I must admit.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 03:15:29 pm »
Latest Update:

Added final scene of demo 2 (yay schala!)
Added Music to some locations I missed (I really gotta stop listening to my old music while I work on the rom)
Made most chests do the "plunk" and "Ding" sounds they are suppose to make
Got rid of the "ozzie" fort sprite on 600 AD overworld so we should be able to make a "beginning of medina village now.  (boo overworld event editing)
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/crimsonechoes2.ips

What bugs to report:

In the countdown to 2.0 post we've mentioned known bugs, i.e. switch melchior in etc.  The porre encampment and Singing Mountain maps are being redone by Jossi and Chickenlump so don't post any problems with those.

Everything else should be fair game.  An excellent example is Chrono 99's listing of bugs.  Pay attention to the smallest details.  But you don't even have to just post bugs.....say during some scene you wish marle would do the animation where she holds out her hands, go ahead and tell me that.  Or if you think the text is written poorly tell me what you want it to say.  If you think one song fits better than another song tell me what song you want.  Map bugs for finished maps should be reported (head goes under a tile).  

If you want to focus on dialogue by all means do.  It's probably where were farthest behind (besides deciding what enemies were gunna put where, though blue imps do make it easy to debug).  Speaking of which if you find any spot with there are spaces at the beginning that I missed do tell me, I tried to catch em all.  If you want this job (and personally you seem to be very good at it) feel free to make the "text" thread that I mentioned.

I'm not going to "add" any more to the rom now.  I'm gunna focus on cleaning up what we have.  Were in the process of turning the rough draft to a final draft.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 02:15:46 am »
Started NorthEast Village (gunna need polished)
few soundeffects (elevator)
un CTing the rom (got rid of portals changed text of the last village shop)

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 03:31:12 am »
I'll tackle Singing Mountain again this week, I've been busy (but not as busy as you apparently  :D

Great work as always, jsondag2!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 06:18:30 pm »
looking forward to it CL.  I've hit the post spring break unmotivation stage in school which means lots of work on this haha, though I got two exams this week so for awhile updates will come from y'all.  

Also don't forget the recorder/flute/instrument sprite if you get a chance

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 02:43:43 am »

If all is well this should have a completed 12,000 BC village
Choras past and present text changed we should still go around and change loaded sprites/locations
Northern Ruins is Un Chrono Triggered.  

Here's an idea I was thinking of. Would anyone be opposed to making Choras sort of a tourist location now.  I was thinking that with Northern Ruins and Toma's grave they could sort of have museums or something.  

Just to give me some stuff to have villagers talk about.  Maybe some future side quests?

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 05:39:22 am »
Ok, just import this as-is. Solidity and tile properties are done (I'm pretty sure I got it all). Some elements I had to rework or couldn't do just quite yet (the tree...  :x ), so I replaced them with other stuff to look at, places for monsters to jump off of, etc...

http://ce.herograw.org/CL/Singing%20Mountain/SingingMountain.Flux

Image of it

http://ce.herograw.org/CL/Singing%20Mountain/ctloc188.png

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 12:19:35 pm »
CL you outdid yourself here, here's the rom with the new map (hopefully)

For anyone that doesn't know the entrance to Singing Mountain is a new cave onthe 65 MIL map.  It's at the upper right of the main continent.

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Yay
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 02:12:42 pm »
The cave with the gate in 12000 bc has a glitch that could ruin the game play. you enter it wind starts bowing and when you come out, it's the old 12000 bc map.

Need to add the moon stone into the 12000 bc sun palace. :D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Yay
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 03:59:18 pm »
Singing Mountain is legendary. The use of that tileset, the arrangement of hte map and the experience of enjoying it to the music is unlike anything in Chrono Trigger. Once the caves are complete, we will have something godlike. That was unbelievable.