Author Topic: Yay  (Read 4533 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 07:44:24 pm »
Hm,  I didn't think you could get behind Atropos.  Thanks for pointing that out, the black squares were cause while debugging I got sick of fights haha.  I'll add these to the bugs page

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 08:15:54 pm »
Wow that took awhile,

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/crimsonechoes.ips

That should have 90% of the errors you found fixed.   It'd be awesome if you could just keep doing that and I'll keep on plowing through the fixes.  I made a note on the "countdown" thread, exactly what part of luccas speech do you want to automatically skip ahead.  

btw the beast coming from above the screen really does look 10X better.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 02:05:04 pm »
Latest Version

Pointed Epoch to send to new locations (I just sent them to chronopolis for now)

The person guarding the garage now sends you to your epoch

Singing Mountain has last room where I'll put the boss

I started fixing the chests so that they don't close when you press the menu button.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 04:08:29 pm »
Quote from: jsondag2
Wow that took awhile,

That should have 90% of the errors you found fixed.   It'd be awesome if you could just keep doing that and I'll keep on plowing through the fixes.  I made a note on the "countdown" thread, exactly what part of luccas speech do you want to automatically skip ahead.  

btw the beast coming from above the screen really does look 10X better.

--jp

Cool. I didn't check this version yet and yet you already made a newer one :) I'll be sure to play it as soon as possible.

I forgot what Lucca's speech I was talking about but I think it's just the one before the explosion (her text is cut by a hyphen but the player still has to press a button).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 05:06:10 am »
And the hits just keep on rolling

This one is a bit more interesting.  I have added the scenario where they go into  porre's base and steal the uniforms it's actually kinda fun though it still has to be cleaned up a little.

I also added "Manoria Dungeon"...well two rooms between the present day cathedral and the epoch.  But we do have our first sealed door...whoo.

Seriously try out the Porre camp thing it's pretty nifty

EDIT:  Edit again.....if you experience a black screen when you go to the commons please tell me.  It's not happening on my rom so it may just be a ...sigh patching error.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 04:24:47 am »
and the daily update of the day

Now with 65 Million BC action.  Jossi and I have successfuly transferred the new map over....which means singing mountain is in it's correct place (cave up north east.  

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Yay
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 03:06:59 pm »
I was goofing around and got the chest here, and when i came back after exploring, johnny turned to this :O

now they all look like crap after going off screen and back on, and you can't talk to them, plust the you can't go anywhere.

game crashes when you go into the north cape.

besides dying and coming back to life after two battles, some of the enemies are to strong :O

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 04:54:44 pm »
hah you found the start of my debug room....i forgot I made that accessible.  Obviously the debug room has glitches.  I'll take a look at North cape tonight.  I figured we'd have to go through ane edit enemy stats so currently I made most of the fights that I thought were impossible, unloseable.  

Thanks for the catch on the North cape and how did you access the debug room?

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Yay
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 02:45:58 pm »
the lower left hand corner of Crono's house first floor. =P that's what was used to test out the ending of the demo in earlyer versions.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 07:15:09 pm »
K, both problems are fixed.  Magus was not able to load on North cape because it was still running code before he joined your party.  

I made the debug room useable.  I'll upload this rom sometime tonight

--jp

Daniel Krispin

Yay
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 09:24:09 pm »
Just a question: how do you get to all these places you speak of? Because, when I tried it, after I got to the part where they have to teleport out of the mountains (and the sort of intro segment), Magus' little chapter begins. But after that... where does one go? I can't quite figure it out. I found that little thing with the Porre base, but I still had Magus. Ummm... did I just not know what I was doing?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 10:16:40 pm »
the upper right village I'm using for debugging purposes

Eventually what we'll have

Go to Village to see elder die (tear)
Can now go in beast forest
Go through beast forest, fight golem
Dalton should say where zeal dungeon is (it's a hidden exit behind the mountains in the lower left, you have to enter from the bottom, it's a solid tile so if you're walking but not moving you've found it)
Go through zeal dungeon (solution is left up up right up up check the statue)
Sent to 1000 AD
go to porre base (map is being reworked don't worry)
Zenan bridge
Go to cathedral
Get epoch
Fight through chronopolis (can't lose...I'll change enemies)
get magus
Singing mountain (map is being reworked don't worry)

I thought I had Dalton say go to beast forest maybe I'm wrong.  I REALLY want someone to tell me what the text for the game should be.  I'm SO bad with words, and I want it to be clear to the gamer what to do next.

So if anyone wants to recommend text feel free to make a topic called..um game text and split it into era's/locations/timeline of game and put what you think the main storyline text should be and what the villagers should say.  I'd make it myself but if someone makes it they'll be able to edit it.  I'll sticky it once it's made

--jp

Daniel Krispin

Yay
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 12:47:00 am »
Quote from: jsondag2
I thought I had Dalton say go to beast forest maybe I'm wrong.  I REALLY want someone to tell me what the text for the game should be.  I'm SO bad with words, and I want it to be clear to the gamer what to do next.

So if anyone wants to recommend text feel free to make a topic called..um game text and split it into era's/locations/timeline of game and put what you think the main storyline text should be and what the villagers should say.  I'd make it myself but if someone makes it they'll be able to edit it.  I'll sticky it once it's made

--jp

Want me to suggest things? I tend to be better at grander segments (I just got a paper back that had the comment on it that it was a little too verbose and rhetorical.) But here's some things I'd suggest. Firstly, if you go to Sargon before going to the village, he tells you to go away, right? Well, is Janus going to take THAT?! No way. He's Janus for crying out loud, arguably one of the strongest mortals ever to live - and he's got a nasty streak. Here's what you do.
You have Sargon say something like... well (I hate this; when I'm pressed to come up with something, I'm lost for good words.)
"Leave me be; these things are mine by right, as I found them."
Then, after a second's pause, everything unmoving, he says again:
"Didn't you hear me? Leave me be!"
Then, after a second longer:
"..."
Then Magus' line:
"If you feel inclined to command me again, I will see to it that I spare you no torment in your death."
To which Sargon replies:
"I won't."
Magus: "I don't abide fools."
Thereafterm whenever you come it, he can say something like:
"W,welcome!"
Then, when Dalton has come by, Magus says:
"Spare me your welcome, I'm in a rush: where's the fool?"
"Lord Dalton? He asked me where I found my (forget the name), and hurried off."
"And you told him? Fool!"
"Oh, spare my life, I beg you!"
"Only tell me where, and that is enough recompense."
"The woods to the north-east."

Well, maybe I'm a bit, ummm... overly histrionic. It's my flaw in writing. I have to learn how to make it more colloquial. But at least I kept it short. What do you think?
Magus' post CT character is best represented in Radical Dreamers, I think. As such, he needs to still have that harsh edge, but he's nonetheless regal, proud, and formal. He's a prince, and he knows it. He's a brave man, but doesn't abide fools. I think it's really important to bring across that people are afraid and intimidated by him. The man is a giant, virtually, compared to everyone else. If Arnold Swarzenegger came to your house, how would you feel? I'd imagine Janus gives a similar impression. Anyway, most of the conversations need a bit of fixing up - but you're still in the early phases, aren't you? As such, this is probably too early to really make comments on dialogue.

Oh, and for technical suggestions, do note (and this would be a bloody hard mistake to find later!) that during the conversation with Dalton the first time, one of the time is says MAGUS: it isn't referencing the code (or however it works) as I was playing using the name Janus, but it still brought it up that one time as Magus.
Moreover, the dialogue in many places seems to have a space before each new line. It looks a little strange, I think.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 12:54:07 am »
Daniel that's awesome it should now be in the version below

Sorry I'll repost later

update o the day:  

*New text for some of the Magus sequences

*Singing Mountain battles fixed (boo ya)

*I started changing some text in 65 MIL and 600 AD and fixed the exits in 65 MIL (again remember text is made to be changed, but I put what some people might be saying)

*Fixed exits in 65 MIL

*Fixed some of the mountains in 65 MIL (you walked ontop of them

*Debug room (whoo) Go to lower right corner of crono's house and talk to the people to teleport to certain points in the game.  I haven't tested it much but it seems to be working.  You MUST use this at the beginning though or atleast before another party member joins.

--jp

Daniel Krispin

Yay
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 03:42:42 am »
Hmmm... not certain if that dialogue worked as well as I thought it would. Probably need to tone down the histrionics, eh? But whatever. I'll mess around with the dialogue myself - that much, at least, I know how to do in TF.