Author Topic: Yay  (Read 4441 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Yay
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2006, 04:04:40 am »
Here's another patch via Zeality.  Text up through getting beat on Zenan Bridge is finished. Next up will be adding new text to 1002 AD citizens then singing mountain then.....oh man done????

On a smaller note those of you annoyed by the moving floor of Chronopolis Elevator fear no more it's fixed (whoo). 

We'll also be working on getting Shinrin's pictures in there (Great job man)

EDIT:

Whoops here's the patch.  It's large because I'm at work and couldn't remove the header before I made the patch.  I'll replace it once I'm off.  Also I can't attach it cause it's to large.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/whoops.ips

--jp
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 01:45:40 pm by jsondag2 »

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2006, 10:19:53 am »
Thanks for the patch.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 01:57:58 pm by Shinrin »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2006, 09:34:13 pm »
Scene Notes May 5

I'm going to be doing a fair bit of work in making the new 1002 A.D.

• When they get back to Crono's house, have Crono do his "nodding" animation or something that suggests he talks between the two pieces of dialogue.
  • I guess stick in a Marle surprised animation frame in the Crono's kitchen dialogue with the chancellor after the second text string.
  • ZEALITY PERSONAL NOTE: Don't forget music change stuff. It's easy to change OW music in certain spots with memory conditionals in events.
  • Can you clean up the code for the guy in Truce Inn who says, "Been to the Vanguard yet" and make another text box based on 7F0050 => 0C? He'll say, "The Vanguard has a pretty tight lock / on Zenan Bridge. No one gets through!"
  • I guess waitress needs it too. She'll say, "I hope we lick those Porre hicks flat! / Hell, at least the conflict means less / work around here!
  • At Lucca's Workshop, can you make 7F0050 => 0C conditionals to have Lara walking around and Taban standing near the table? Lara will say "Stay safe, everyone! Hopefully this will be / over soon!{null}" and Taban will say "I oughta make some kind / of Taban cannon...{null}"
  • The Forest guards are strangely there again.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 10:41:25 pm by ZeaLitY »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2006, 02:21:05 am »
Done and Done.  Cept for the guards in Guardia forest.  They are there cause if you use the debug room it doesn't trigger the memory that gets rid of them.

Zeality has been working his ass off to  improve cutscenes/text and Shinrin is pointing out stuff while beta testing.  I think it shows hope you guys think so too. 

Remember to check the "maps that need to be cleaned up section" or simply post any suggestions in this thread if you wanna contribute.

EDIT:  I'm including another patch here.  I decided to try to make the debug room less conspicious so I'm donig CL's idea of having it be some random number input.   So in crono's room is that bucket if you walk pu to it and put abxy you're sent to the debug room.  The old entrance is still there and I temporarily have a light shining on it, as well as sounds telling you if you are inputting it right.  but eventually it'll be completely hidden.

While I was still in a  button input mood I made it so you can end the opening scene (Zenan Bridge) early by pressing a button.  however you still have to wait for the scroll screen to finish. 

The reason I'm making it another patch is in case the rom corrupted for some reason.  If you are going to work on the ROM please use the patch called "closer" but if you see that something is wrong with it we can switch back to the old rom.

Oh yea the reason I didn't make it LARA is because it has to start with an A for it to be completely hidden.  The only reason they were able to use LARA before is because they had a text box at the beginning.  So if someone has something cool to spell that starts with A and is on a controller feel free to tell me.....hm......AYLA??

--jp

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:31:51 pm by jsondag2 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2006, 05:56:37 pm »
Scene Stuff May 6
  • Can you put a new G.I. Jogger in one of the Porre Inn beds? Make him say "{delay 03}Turnips?...{delay 03}Radishes...Zzz...{null}
  • Can we add like a Magic Tab to the Porre TIcket Office that only appears at this piont int he game?
  • Can you make the guy in the lower left chair of the Porre Mayor's Manor walk around behind the kitchen counter? I already modified his speech under activate.
  • Here's the biggie...expanding whatever map you like, make the new Choras building a ferry service. Put a "Shopkeeper" npc as the guy who sends you to Medina, and put a couple other NPCs in there.
  • In the same vein, can you make the Mystic at the Medina Ferry take you to the new Choras ferry? I got a DecBox up already I think, but nothing after that for the Kilwala.
  • Can you have Toma XIII pace around a bit at 02A Forest Ruins?
  • In the title screen, Marle' sshowing up over the bridge railing.
  • Might be tricky, but can you add Melchior to the scene in the main room after the generator fight? So he can explain why he's there without having to use another memory conditional. He'll just leave after the talk is over.
  • Some of the lava in Singing Mountain still isn't showing up.
Medina Stuff May 6
  • Medina Auxiliary - Can you make like a Diablos, Hench, and Blue Imp all in there? not sure if it will bug up...but replace the current three NPCs with them. I'll fix text after this.
  • Medina Inn - Can you make one of the Blue Imps a Hench, and the other a Diablos? I'll take care of the text.

I just finished Medina, and wanted to edit the Overworld music in the OW events. Specifically, I wanted to use CT's trick for Medina. At the beginning of the game, it plays Delightful Spekkio, but after time is changed, it plays Silent Light. But the Memory Comparison won't scroll up to 7F0050, instead getting hung on 7EFFFF. What gives?

Also, we should go ahead and make a Programmer's ending room. Maybe...have a location with new events use the Enhasa map. Then we can add the team's chosen NPCs when the time comes.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 06:02:10 pm by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2006, 01:49:16 am »
Got a corruption, so I'm reverting to a backup. I honestly hope the corruptions are because of bad imported events and not a flaw with Temporal Flux in general. Location 1CA's events blanked out.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2006, 12:27:13 pm »
The elevator?  Were you editing that location? If that was the only corruption you can probably export import the event code.  Unless you have a back up that was really close then it's not really worth it.

I have a bbq I have to go to today but I'll be on tonight and can get all the bugs you have up there (cept maybe the OW event music....)

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2006, 03:02:17 pm »
It has happened again. It's activated by editing 1C9. Apparently, something about that causes 1CA to blink out. I'm going to repeat what I did once more before shipping the ROM off to Geiger; perhaps he will find some time to check what's happening.

Edit: I can't reproduce the bug, and now it works. I am saving a copy of the backup that I'll work with later to try and reproduce the corruption. We can't just brush this off. Corruption is the antichrist and it must be diagnosed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 03:08:59 pm by ZeaLitY »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2006, 06:07:29 am »
Alrighty it's time for the final countdown.  There are about 4 things left to do with this demo before we light the "beta tester" signal. 

1.  about 4 more NPC's that Zeality has to get to (I reopened Guardia Castle
2.  Chrono 99 is working on a map
3.  See if CL has something in his bag of tricks
4.  Do the epoch trick. 

For number 4 I think we need to use a hex editor.  i can hurry up and download one but if someone wants to do it and make a patch by all means feel free.  There should be apost called "for later" where JLukas says how to do it. 

As for the release below, Zeality has yet again gone above and beyon and finished the Text for the Demo.  This means new Text/some cutscenes  for Medina, Choras (only after Porre attack) and in Chronopolis/Singing Mountain. 

I have finished the Museaum so now if you want stuff to appear in it you'll have to go talk to a few NPC's.  Opened up Guardia Castle as stated before and done clean up stuff that Zeality mentioned. 

Oh yea I lowered Robo's level and made it so Magus' Exp doesn't say 65,000 as before.  Sadly lower Robo's level has glitched kinda like magus except instead of being a fricken beast after leveling up he's slightly weaker than before (only stamina and power....for the record Magus 2 stats that don't level up correctly are stamina and power, cept his power goes to ** and robo's is about 2 than it should be). 

I also made the dragon tank weaker so you can beat him as well as the hench's.  However, I dont know if I should make them a little stronger cause technically the player could level up before Zenan Bridge.  The only enemy I gotta Crimson EchoFY still is the thing you fight before the epoch.  Everyone else should be beatable. 

Finally I hit some of the last things on the countdown thread.  That damn annoying bench in the cathedral isn't perfect but it's a hell of a lot better, and the forest in Medina that was "cut off" looks good now.  And last but not least OverWorld names are correct.

You guys know the drill.  Play through post any and all complaints and suggestions (follow Zeality's example). 

--jp

P.S.  I'm going to be making a Programmer's room that Schala will teleport the player to.  If you wanna be in it say something and put alittle blurb and what sprite you wanna be. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:38:11 am by jsondag2 »

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2006, 11:25:32 am »
have the new character portraits been added in yet?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2006, 12:29:07 pm »
The portraits aren't in yet but Zeality says that by using the patch you've made we should be able to import them relatively easier than it is to start from scratch

--jp

DivineDragoonKain

« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2006, 05:12:04 pm »
Unstickied by request.