Author Topic: Yay  (Read 4510 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« on: March 27, 2006, 04:06:49 am »
I just took the epoch out for a spin on a crimson echoes Rom.  And even better the 65 MIL map looks fine.  Were finally back to where we were when the demo was released haha.

What this means is we suddenly have alot of villagers that can be accessed.  So we need ideas for 600 AD villagers and 65 MIL villagers.  So what's the general gossip going on in those times...preferably with dialect

I encourage people to look for more and more bugs/suggestions in the patch located here:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/crimsonechoes.ips

Just post them, I'll make a list and we'll work from there.  I realize that there's ALOT of small things, I'm hoping we'll eventually get a crew of TF workers who will be able to do all the small things like conversations/a tile going over instead of under, etc.  Once we get a big list I'll make a sticky and we'll be able to cross them off one at a time. 

--jp
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 11:13:18 pm by ZeaLitY »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:00:57 am »
Known Bugs

Pressing Menu in Chronopolis makes screen weird
Fix Conversation before going to Zenan Bridge
Atropos is still showing in chronopolis after she dies
Fix Convo before going into epoch room
Move Party before Belthasar contacts them on Zenan Bridge
Some text didn't get imported from NPC's in Leene Square

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Yay
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 11:42:36 am »
Title screen is back to the pendelum. IIRC, one of the Heckran's Cave locations now contains the title screen's events, so just import that, the map for that location (I think), and then the events for Title Screen and Loading Screen.

I guess I'll turn this into a big suggestion thread.

Text Imports Needed:

-Truce Residence (both)
-Truce Inn
-Truce Market

Map / Event Imports Needed:

-Porre Ticket Office

Event Imports Needed

-Vanguard Plaza, Basement

Other Stuff:

-Can't go back downstairs in Porre Mayor's Manor
-Porre overworld (Silent Light) needed
-Location names for the two new Medina buildigns (Medina Ferry, Medina Auxiliary) are missing, and the music boundary for "Delightful Spekkio" should be extended out to cover those areas (oh, and Silent Light music trigger in events needs to be eliminated so Medina plays Spekkio by defualt)
-Also location name for Vanguard should be changed from Gobb's house
-Cathedral entrance / chapel needs music
-Guess we might change the Sealed Pyramid music back to Secret of the Forest
-Take Melchior out of the first floor of his house
-Music doesn't carry over to the cutscenes after Crono / Marle / Lucca go into the gate, and the cutscenes freeze after Glenn walks out from the Masamune cave
-I guess the 12000 B.C. stuff hasn't been imported yet; new continent isn't there
-You probably know this, but DRagon Tank on Zenan Bridge is there early
-We can go ahead and add a couple guards to the entrance of Guardia Forest to prevent you from going in. They'll say something like, "We're still preparing to receive the guests. No one is permitted through."

~

Okay, all of those are quick fixes, so we'll be back up to speed soon.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:07:43 pm »
hm.....12,000 is imported on mine.  I'll send you a new .ips file.  You're obviously alot more thorough than I am

UGH

I put the link to the old patch.....sorry here's the new one I'll fix the above one

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/crimsonechoes.ips

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:26:54 am »
The current patch should now have a viewable beta Singing Mountain.  If you enter one of the huts in the upper right of the continent you'll be transferred there.  Enemies are fightable, chests are openable and you can try out the puzzle if you go in the first cave of the mountain.  

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 04:13:24 am »
Location 188?

I think maybe we could use a debug room, leading to the new areas directly from the begining of the game (can be disabled and/or deleted later). Or savestates/savegames at/near each area as we do them (which would be easier than a debug room I suppose... :( )

It looks... pretty cool, I can see some potential here. Perhaps I could attempt a beatification of area 188. I would like to see someone else try it too, and compare the two, so the best of both attempts can be combined. Singing Mountain should really shine, given it's history and all. :)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 04:19:55 am »
haha we all know I'm not the mapper.  

I was thinking of making chronopolis the debug room and then I realized we had no way to access chronopolis.  So I'm currently thinking of using the huts in the upper right of 12,000 bc.  But we'll need a better one that transfers the key items and stuff....hm debug rooms could be fun.

If you're wondering why some enemies walk on the walls and stuff it's because I was imagining those flying dinosaurs coming in, I'm just using blue imps cause it's easier for killing fast.  

btw:  Great job on chronopolis, it's awesome walking around there....which reminds me I have to do that chest still, and now I can make melchior a shop again since we fixed that layer 3 glitch

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 06:02:22 am »
I must say, I absolutely love this tileset, I can do quite a bit with it. :)

Of course, I'll have to redo quite a bit of it to fit the event and battles and such, as I'm just eying it for now.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 06:44:39 am »
Alright, here's a list of the bugs I found while replaying the game. I haven't played past the part that was in the released demo yet (after the "chapter 1" textbox).

They're mostly little details which don't crash anything, but I guess they still have to be mentioned.

- Guardia soldiers are replaced by Melchiors
- The 3 items given by Crono's Mom are replaced by a Shamshir and 2 nameless bows, and only the Red Katana/Shamshir disappears after you deliver it

Crono's House:

- The game freezes when Lucca appears, but you can still go to the castle meeting without her

Leene Square:

- The soda that you buy from the little girl restores HP/MP but doesn't do the healing sound
- No music on Nadia's Bell screen
- The Yes No options are hidden by the cursor in the textbox "Do you know the latest gossip?"
- The Telepod scene still plays

Lucca's House:

- The CT:CE Lara appears on the first screen but the old CT Lara also appears in her room

Vanguard Post:

- Can't access it from behind on the world map
- In the first room, there's a tile-sized "hole" in the wall at the bottom-right of the big table (you don't see it but you can go in the wall because of it)
- In the jail, The victory Fanfare plays (not sure if it's intended?)
- In the jail, Crono can walk on the torches near the stairs
- Crono's head passes under Roget's desk in the library, and you can't talk to him from the front
- If you're going left from the right side of the book shelves, you're blocked by something (apparently), but if you go right from the left side, you're not o_O
- In the patio, Crono passes under the signpost at the top left, and under or on the table (depending on each tile)

Cathedral:

- In the main chapel, you can walk ON the tip of the top-right bench (subtle one, compare with the other benches)

Porre Mayor's Manor:

- In Ishito's room, you can walk ON the wall to go downstairs instead of just using the stairs

Medina Auxiliary:

- The collision stuff is a bit weird around it on the world map
- (Cosmetic stuff) The Imp who mentions Ozzie VIII should have his textbox at the top of the screen, so as to not hide himself and Crono
- Northwest of it on the world map, the patch of forest is "cut off"

Forest Ruins:

- The treasure box should be empty no?

Medina Elder's House:

- The Bandeau/Elder Mitch textboxes should appear at the top of the screen
- Bandeau disappears while still in the room, instead of actually walking past the door

Medina Square:

- Just a small note, but if we are to replace a symbol with a "LA" merged for SCHALA's name (5-character restriction right?), it would probably be the heart symbol, so maybe that heart shouldn't be used in the singer's textbox

Guardia Forest:

- The Power Tab still appears (should it?)

Guardia Castle:

- The guards on the Square Table say a Lucca sentence
- The last room at the top of the left tower is messed up
- When the Porre emissaries walk from the stairs to the table, they walk IN the left wall
- Crono and co. disappear instead of actually walking the stairs
- Crono and the Porre emissary's animations are a bit hard to understand at first sight; maybe Crono should do an attack move and the emissary have a "dead" sprite instead of just kneeling down

Denadoro Mts:

- Crono's foot is slightly under the grass tile (more obvious when he enters the Gate)
- Crono gets bombed and doesn't even blink (Marle jumps though)
- (Cosmetic stuff) Lucca's text should disappear automatically (like Mitch's in the Bandeau cutscene) instead of waiting for the player to push the button

Cutscene with the old CT cast:

- Glenn's/the soldier's textbox should be at the top of the screen
- In Chronopolis, Crono and co. are on the screen before the Gate opens
- In the Magus scene, the Beast appears out of nowhere instead of appearing from the top of the screen (I know I already noted this detail many times above, but it's disturbing)
- Oh and, come on, let's normalize Glenn's speech :/

That's it... at least for now.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 10:21:26 am »
Crono's house freezes....hm has anyone else experienced this.  Also good call w/ being able to still go to Guardia.  If noone else ie experiencing the house freezing I may ask some more questions about it.  Sigh if only I could have TF at work

And chickenlump that looks great.  For some reason I was having lots of problems doing layer 1 and 2 with it but you seem to have figured it out.

EDIT:  I've transferred it over to the countdown, thanks for the input.  And details are really important and definatley worth the minute amount of effort needed to fix them.

Question:  Do we want vanguard to be accessible from the top?

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 12:25:52 pm »
Quote from: jsondag2
Question:  Do we want vanguard to be accessible from the top?

Similar buildings (such as Lucca's, Melchior's Houses, etc.) are so I noted the "inconsistency", but it's not that heartbreaking of course.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 06:37:39 pm »
Chrono 99, can you replay the beginning and see if the house freezes every single time?

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 07:00:33 pm »
Wow, I've just had 2 speed replays of the beginning, one with Zsnes and one with Snes9X, and both times it didn't freeze. Maybe there was a glitch with my savestates, or it came from the fact I let Zsnes automatically patch the IPS file (by giving the IPS the same name as the SMC, instead of patching with IPSWin). It's rather unlikely, but the freeze did happen so I never know...

I guess if no one experiences a freeze again you can't discount this problem.

A real bug is that Lucca still appears in Crono's House after you get her though.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 07:12:33 pm »
PHEW... that bug was worrying me.  Fixing Lucca appearing is a much easier to fix glitch.  Thanks for replying so quickly.

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Yay
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 07:19:14 pm »
I've also played the remaining parts earlier today (up to Chronopolis, I don't know if there's something to do in it). I didn't find any bugs besides the ones already mentioned/fixed, and apart from:

- the spots which trigger the Beast battles are visible as black squares
- in Chronopolis, Lucca is the lead character instead of Crono (maybe it's intentional?)  (or maybe it's a bug that only happened to me -_- , since I played that part earlier than my 2 replays)
- the 2 guards in Chronopolis's first room say Atropos's sentence
- the room behind Atropos still has the Epoch & Nu events from the original game (you can board the Epoch and change era)

And the maps/world maps which can be improved (like the strange 3 forest entrances at the Northeast of 11,998 B.C.), but it's not a bug.