Author Topic: Harle  (Read 7021 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 01:12:25 am »
In all my games, she was equal to Serge. Men, she was hitting 1000s, and Serge only ever got to 800 with the Masamune. And then her Mdef, Mattack and Stamina rule. Give her the Dreamers Sarong and you own, to bad that she leaves :'(

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 01:45:14 am »
Well that's more of an effect of your game as opposed to plot.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 03:14:27 am »
Serge's party defeated Harle in Hermit's Hideaway ("Mon Dieu! Moi iz défaited!").

Zaperking

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 07:38:08 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Serge's party defeated Harle in Hermit's Hideaway ("Mon Dieu! Moi iz défaited!").

Yeah, but that was 3 vs 1. And then again, Serge and Harle can easily defeat Miguel, whats your point? lool.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 11:17:22 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: Chrono'99

Yeah, but that was 3 vs 1. And then again, Serge and Harle can easily defeat Miguel, whats your point? lool.

Almost every battle is a 3 v 1.

I like Harle, she's cool, but if I ever got her back in my party permenantly, I'd never use her.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 02:02:37 pm »
I actually went through the semi-long process of writing a bunch of games over each other to allow be to put Harle back into the party after she had left.  It makes for a very interesting battle with the Dragon God.  (Also, a side note, she doesn't say anything if you bring her up tot he Frozen Flame, for somewhat obvious reasons.)  

She really is my favorite character both battle-wise and plot-wise.  I tend to enjoy people that throw things more than swinging them (I'll pick Van and Doc over Leah and Marcy any day), and throwing small things, such as her little "jingly bells" just adds to my adoration for her.  Her speciality techs are well-rounded as well.  Moonshine is a lifesaver in some big boss battles, and Lunaretic?  Apart from the damage it does, just looks amazing visually.  And she flips and what not.  I like flips.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 07:31:56 am »
I can't believe I didn't look this up earlier.
Normally, I wouldn't be stuffed looking at Ultimania, but this had to be done.
This is a direct quote from Masato Kato in regards to Harle and Kid and the reason to their speeches.

Question: Harle and Kid speak similar lines, and the results of the fortune-
telling by the fortune teller are the same. What's could be the reason for
that?

Answer: Harle is indeed the moon. There are two moons in this world. There's
another moon that exists as a sibling to the bigger moon. And Harle is a
fragment of that smaller moon.
Her name itself is [tsuku-yomi] (meaning moon-
reading), hence she has plenty of lines with "to the moon."  
Well, certainly
Harle existing as an opposition to Kid had been established in the beginning,
there were also many other parts with this meaning.

This sheds a new light on the true design of Harle.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 09:21:21 am »
Shrug. I'd like to have someone who knows Japanese, Like Aura, read the Japanese Ultimania and give us a liberal translation. 'Harle is indeed the moon', so Harle floats above the sky and orbits the Earth? Come on...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Harle
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 11:10:11 am »
I too question this. Though it's a possibility and Harle and Kid say many similar things, there physique is the same but I don't know where Harle got that accent.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Harle
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 07:40:15 pm »
The actual quote was "Harle is indeed symbolic of the moon." And even still, it's fricken Ultimania.

Kanata

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaiaonline.com
Re: Harle
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 01:24:50 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Somehow, I feel most people don't take Harle for what she really is. She's a much deeper character then people would realize.

Firstly, many people debate that she is another clone of Schala. That makes sense because of a few reasons:

1. She gets the same fortune telling as Kid, a comfirmed clone.
2. She was made by the Dragons. Now, the Dragons had access to only three life forms: One is Lavos. Making a Lavoid clone would totally mess up their plan, because FATE would have it terminated at once. Same for a Dragon clone, once FATE realizes there's another Dragon, she'd of had it killed. Hence you only have a human left. That human is Schala, the only human the Dragons had access to.

Now, another matter is how deep she is. Her situation is a very painful one: She's a Dragon AND a human. She's half and half of two races that cannot co-exist, thus she has an internal conflict. There's also the matter of Serge-she cannot disobey the Dragons, but she loves him profoundly. That's why if you choose to say you'd choose her over the world, she won't believe you. She ridicules herself and hates herself very, very much. To her, her very life is a joke. That's why she's dressed as a jester, she doesn't just want to hide her identity, she thinks of herself as a person cursed by destiny. Either way she cannot win, and every true emotion she might have at anyone won't matter. Fate mocks her, and that's why she dresses up as a clown.
yeah good point but you got to love her and her frach accent!!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 01:58:48 pm »
I love this topic because it fails really hard. We weren't covering analysis in the first place, and the next two pages were simply devoted to retreading plot details everyone should already know. This is why the character forum is so hard to audit for analysis. There's a lot of crap in here (like that idiotic Why Crono? thread).

Ris

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2006, 10:45:20 pm »
It's also worth pointing out that both Harle and Kidd (and perhaps Schala as well) fall in love with Serge fairly quickly (Leena falls in love with Serge too but that could have been over the course of many years), which might suggest that Harle is genetically identical or at least genetically similar to Schala/Kidd.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2006, 02:55:06 pm »
There is other connections. Harle, Kid, and Schala have the same anatomy, and Harle and Kid both have the same fortunes.

Joe000

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2007, 03:13:51 am »
Speaking on this whole Kid-Harle connection, in one of the endings Harle says something funny.  It's the ending where Harle and Serge (in Lynx's body, of course) are on Marbule and helping the demi-humans.  At the end, Harle is telling Serge how he is needed in Marbule, and then she says "Don't worry, I will be by your side...Serge..."  That just struck me as something Kid would say.  Now maybe my opinion has been tainted by all the stuff I've been reading of the connection between Kid and Harle, and perhaps I'm looking for things that aren't there, but that really struck me as a very odd line
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 03:20:30 am by Joe000 »