Author Topic: Another theory about Lavos that MAY be interesting  (Read 18024 times)

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another theory about Lavos that MAY be interesting
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »
I can't say I agree with it... Lavos did reproduce.  He had children, several for that matter.  
All life has basic needs alien or not - Gain energy and reproduce to expand their race.  Sure maybe Lavos doesn't need to eat (plants don't need to eat one can say... another can argue that photosynthesis is simply the style of eating for plants, end result is they get energy as does Lavos through sucking a planet dry) , and maybe he reproduces the way a bacteria does... (I doubt it.)  but he still has to reproduce.  
Where would he come from then?  In order for there to be an intelligent being (as the whole dream theory states), it must have evolved (evolution is accepted in the CT world... get used to it, cuz humans evolved from apes... we see that from CT, and its referred to by the dwarves in CC) from underformed life.  But in order to reach this stage they would have to go through generations of genetical changes.  *Gasp* Generation.  Could that mean... REPRODUCTION? Yes.
Lavos does not even begin to resemble earth life (at most something like a tubeworm or leech, or a porcupine if you look at its exterior), but it is living.   And living things go through life cycles.  AKA They are born, they have children, they die.  Unless they are sterile or don't want to have children... then they are born and they die.  But you cannot be born out of nowhere.
The only way your theory would work is if the essential molecules of life all suddenly conviently positioned itself to form a beast that may be the size of a mountain.  While there is a theoretical quantum probability for that... I doubt it occured.

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 12:15:02 pm »
Bah, right. Lucca did say "cycle," didn't she?

I guess that destroys everything I was blabbering about then.  :?

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 04:56:41 pm »
Yes, it seems that the Lavos spawn is what kills this theory.  If the spawn weren't there, I'd totaly agree with this theory.  However, the fact that Lavos reproduced shows that he was a part of a species, not an imortal being who used Earth as a stepping stone to acheive a greater good.

I don't think that we should throw away the theory all together, though, that Lavos wasn't working towards something that we humans could not grasp.  Who's to say that Lavos dies or doesn't leave the planet after it is done with it?  One theory that I haven't seen on here is that Lavos might have been planning to move on to the next planet using something similar to what they did in the "Lost in Space" movie.  Maybe he planned to destroy the planet and use the imploding gravity to sling-shot himself through space again to go to another planet.  It is unlikely that he was seeking entityhood because he reproduced, but what if the spawns were not exactly intentional?  What if the spawn were simply the by-product of all of the energy that he managed to take from the planet?  Or better yet, what if the sole purpose of the spawn was to help him destroy the planet to help propel him to the next planet and the spawn were unable to survive the explosion because their shells hadn't completely matured yet?  If this was the case, then your original theory is actually plausible.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 05:29:55 pm »
Quote from: Namara
Maybe he planned to destroy the planet and use the imploding gravity to sling-shot himself through space again to go to another planet.

so Lavos has no capability to "fly"

he just originated from deep space and landed here?

i always thought Lavos could leave this planet whenever, yet didn't because of the "significance" of what was going on when he landed

yet he couldn't sense the hatred of certain individuals who wanted to destroy him?

i like this theory so far . . . very interesting

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 06:30:34 pm »
I think Lavos does have the capability to "fly"... but it is a certain stage of life.  Once the Spawn reaches a certain age it gains the ability to launch off of the originating planet once and shoot itself into deep space, and guides itself where there is strong samples of life.  Once it lands it destroys the mechanism it took off with.
Lavos never seemed like he wanted to completely obliterate the planet... more like he wanted to make the planet capable for sustaining his offspring and absorbing the energy.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 08:00:53 pm »
I seriously dislike any theory that says that Lavos will move on to another planet, since the Lavos Spawn are supposed to be his legacy. It'd be totally stupid to have children if he's gonna persevere.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 08:47:27 pm »
true

thanks to ChronoMagus for clarrification

so now the next question . . . are we justified to destroy such a life form who is literally "living" and "surviving" so it's life form can procreate?

no I am NOT getting into all that naturalization stuff with politics and debate

simply build off of this . . . how would you personally react?

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 10:45:57 pm »
Personally I think we are completely justified.  Its like in a battlefield.  Yes the enemy soldiers are living beings who probably want to go home and live happy lives with families after this, but they still are going to kill us.  The way humans originated was like that vs prehistoric animals.  We too want to reproduce and expand our species and we cannot allow an outside force to interfere.

And Aura, that is exactly right... I mean otherwise the Spawn are just competing with the parent for a planet to suck life out of.  Why bother reproducing then?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 12:07:26 pm »
Nearly all flesh eating species(cept the scavenger?) have to kill their enemy in order to eat it. Kill to survive, that's a rule "normal" flesh-eater must obey. No killing=no food=death(at least in a certain state of live).
Yep, I would kick it's ass to survive and I would see it as justified.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 06:22:19 pm »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
Nearly all flesh eating species(cept the scavenger?) have to kill their enemy in order to eat it. Kill to survive, that's a rule "normal" flesh-eater must obey. No killing=no food=death(at least in a certain state of live).

"Flesh-Eater" = Carnivore.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 06:59:58 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: CyberSarkany

"Flesh-Eater" = Carnivore.

It could be an omnivore... but the point is you fight for the sake of saving your own ass here.  
Humanity had no choice... I mean think about it, "Hey look its some giant monster that is starting to shoot explosives...  Lets be ethical and not kill it."
Personally I would be more like, "S***.  Looks like we are gonna have to fight to save our ass.  And if that doesn't work, time for the escape pods!" *escape pods blow up* "... Well looks like we are fighting to save our ass."

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 07:34:26 pm »
agreed

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 08:16:54 pm »
Yea, I think we're totally justified in killing one life form to save the entirety of the Universe. Just a bit

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 02:21:18 am »
...what's the question again?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 02:29:58 am »
"What is better, Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Guns N' Roses"

Of course, when have humans been ethical? When have they decided not to kill for survival? And thats the answer, Red Hot Chilli Peppers.