Author Topic: Trying to record the RD sound test, but its not working  (Read 898 times)

DUDE71

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Trying to record the RD sound test, but its not working
« on: March 09, 2006, 01:06:50 am »
I am trying to record the sound test from Radical Dreamers in MP3 Format.  
I need some help though.  Nothing seems to be working right.  
Everything worked perfectly before, but not now.  
I am using
The SNES9X Emulator
Easy Cd Creator 5
Audacity or Wavepad (these do the same thing, They are editors)

SNES9X doesn't have any problems, but it seems to cause them.  
When I close out SNES9X everything works right.  The only problem with that is I need It to record.  

Easy Cd Creator's ERROR Says this:
Unable to use sound card for recording.  Another application may already be using it.  

When I click the play button in audacity it says
Error while opening sound device. Please check the output device settings and the project sample rate.  

When I load a file or hit play in wavepad it says
Please check that you have selected the correct sound player device using Settings.  Open Settings using File->Settings.  

I'm sure they are all connected somehow.  
It can't be problems with the capabilities of my computer simply because it only started doing this recently.  It likely isn't the programs because I was using all of them before and they were fine.  Plus, all three programs seem to have the same problem.  

Someone please help.   :cry:

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 04:49:20 am »
cant you just record in in snes9x i think the latest version doesw that as well as movies

DUDE71

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:39:16 pm »
That would be nice, but there is other recordings that I need to do without snes 9x that are having problems.  What Format does Snes 9x record in?  I have seen some files recorded on emulators in very strange formats.  I think I have the latest version.  How do I record?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 12:33:44 am »
I think the best way to do this is put all the .spcs in a rip in a Winamp playlist, and then let Winamp play the entire thing with the Nullsoft Diskwriter plugin activated. This plugin outputs whatever is being played to a .wav file in a folder of your choice.

Okay, Diskwriter has been taken down at Winamp.com, but this is virtually the same thing:

http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=96985

Then you'll .wav files of all the played .spcs. From there, you can encode to mp3 or a lossless format.