Author Topic: Low-Level Game in CT  (Read 1133 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Low-Level Game in CT
« on: March 08, 2006, 06:21:13 pm »
Who here has attempted this?

The lowest possible (at least, that we're aware of at this point) party levels have Robo at 13, Marle at 4, and Crono at 1 when you defeat Lavos.  I think Lucca's at 9, and Frog's at... uh.. I forget.

Anyway, I started one today, and I'm up to Heckran with the lowest levels possible at this point in the game (marle 4, crono 1, lucca eight) (i had to type out 8, otherwise a sungalsses dude appeared there).  Heckran is proving to a be a toughy, and it'll take me a bunch of tries to get past him.

On a side note, I LOVE low-level games.  I've actually beaten FF9 (including the ultimo-boss, Ozma) with everyone at level 1.  Very fun.  But which leads me to why I don't like the leveling system in Chrono Cross... no low level games.  :?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Low-Level Game in CT
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 01:28:54 am »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
On a side note, I LOVE low-level games.  I've actually beaten FF9 (including the ultimo-boss, Ozma) with everyone at level 1.  Very fun.  But which leads me to why I don't like the leveling system in Chrono Cross... no low level games.  :?

How?

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Low-Level Game in CT
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 04:28:18 am »
I never understood that stuff.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Low-Level Game in CT
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:55:33 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer

How?

In a VERY short run-through....

-Bosses don't give exp, only AP (the equivalent of tech points).
-There are some unavoidable inescapable encounters.  Early in the game, this BLOWS.  You have to sort of go out of your way to get a needle fork for Quina, which hits enemies for petrify about 12-13% of the time.  (petrifying an enemy kills it, but doesn't give you any exp).  Huge pain in the butt.   Later in the game, this becomes easier as Vivi can just use stop instead.
-You can power up some moves like thievery and Dragon_____ to 9999 damage, but this takes a crapload of time.

All that, good equipment mangement, and a little of luck, and Bam.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Low-Level Game in CT
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 01:28:21 pm »
I tried(and finished) a LL game in CT, the only unbeaten enemy in the LL game is Oceans Palace Lavos on a new game(maybe I will try him on a NG+ with LL chars). It requires alot of planning(if you don't use a FAQ) and time, but emulator is your friend here :)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Low-Level Game in CT
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 06:25:27 pm »
I just defeated Flea, now on Slash.  Currently, everyone is still at their lowest possible levels.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
Low-Level Game in CT
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 06:41:17 pm »
I've thought about doing LL for some games, but I never did, I'm procrastinating with my future boredom I suppose.  I feel as if you beat a game so much that the only way to play it and have fun is to do a LL or some other crazy challenge like the GameFAQs guides suggest, then you shouldn't be playing the game anymore.