Author Topic: Comparison of Lavos and the Dragon God Anatomy/Origin  (Read 6592 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Comparison of Lavos and the Dragon God Anatomy/Origin
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 12:12:13 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight

Yes, but it's not like the Dragon Gods can just conjure energy out of their ass. They had to invest some of their essence in her.

Yeah, ofcourse. That's why it took all 6 of them to combine whatever they had left and create her, and hence she became physical. Though, I would have thought that she'd be a true representation for the Chrono Cross (Like having that as her element), but she's only a motif for it.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 02:40:49 pm »
Yes. And since they invested energy in her that they'll obviously need back, of course they're going to have to reabsorb her to successfully fuse, thus making her a vital component.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 03:52:32 pm »
Maybe, just maybe, the DG we see doesn't look like the DG from 10,000 years ago. The new Dragon God would have some Lavoid-like traits, and the TD would have some new traits as well, i.e, a tail, etc.

Of course, Lavos would be the dominant one. Seeing as that DG is a projection, it can look like whatever the hell it wants, so keep that in mind.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Comparison of Lavos and the Dragon God Anatomy/Origin
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 11:56:42 pm »
Why does the Dragon God have a blue orb in its mouth and appear in some ways like Lavos? Is there a connection?

~

Firstly, let's examine the original article:

Belthasar:
   The Dragon Gods were originally
   a singular plasma life-form...
   ...A living accumulation of the
   planet's energy!
   Originally it was a biological
   machine used to control the
   powers of nature in the future
   society of the Reptites.

Now, let's read what happened to the Dragon God:

Belthasar:
   That thing...
   the '"Dragon God"'...
   is only a quasi-existence...
   ...A temporary form that
   the real Dragon God uses
   in order to appear within
   this dimension.

Belthasar:
   The actual Dragon God
   was consumed long ago,
   in the distant past...
   Integrated by the entity
   known as Lavos in a time
   on the other side of the
   dimensional darkness.

With these items in mind, it is not outside the realm of possibility for the Dragon God to use part of Lavos's appearance in its avatar on the outside world. It may not have been as dark and scary looking during its original existence at Dinopolis. One [[Kid and Harle (Relations)|theory]] postulates that the Dragon God used Schala as a genetic basis for creating Harle. This lends some credibility to the idea that the Dragon God would take on some of the Time Devourer's traits to appear menacing. One problem with this idea is establishing a motive.

X-SOLDIER

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://thelifestream.net/
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 08:38:04 pm »
(Let me start off by saying MASSIVE apologies for this thread revival. I haven't really been online a lot lately, and remembered this place when I was opening some things today and found my CT game, and had a gew ideas to contribute)

There is always the possibility that it wasn't an entirely intentional result. It may be that since it was integrated with Lavos, when it's projected into their dimension, it bears similiar traits of him just due to the fact that it's become a part of him. Again this is if the Original Dragon God didn't appear to look exactly the same. It may be that the similiarities are something like a reflection from Lavos' influence from the other dimension, and Schala may have been carried along with it (thus Harle's image) as she's trapped in TBD with Lavos. Thus no motive because it wasn't unintentional.

X

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »
You have a VERY sharp eye.

First off, if we're going to be talking about Lavos/Dragon God being modeled after each other, we'd have to say the Dragon God was modelled after Lavos.  Had Lavos not landed, there would be no Dragon God.  And Lavos wasn't created/didn't land because the Dragon God existed.

I think the biggest striking similarities, like you said, are the siky appearance, and the singular "eye" in the middle, with something that opens up around it.

Now, this raises a few question.  WAS it modelled after Lavos, or was is it a coincidence?  If it was modelled after Lavos, was it done-so by the Reptites, or were the artists just trying to maybe sneak something by us?

This hasn't been addressed, but I'm pretty sure it's a misconception. The dragon god--the original one, at any rate--was pulled over with Dinopolis along with the Reptite dimension. (Why do we call it that? Dragonian dimension would be cooler, alliteration is awesome!) Anyway, there's no proof that Lavos fell in this dimension, and some evidence implies that it probably didn't. And there's a whole nother leap after that to assume it served as a model for any god-machine...

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 08:37:08 pm »
Well, Lavos turned humans into a whole new species that was not meant to be...So in a way it does make him humanity's "father". Or maybe the Dragonians, as enemies, inflate things?