Author Topic: Azala Break!  (Read 3984 times)

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Azala Break!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 12:25:47 pm »
Perhaps the remaining reptites outside the fortress evolved into the Mystics.
This is really farfetched and I have nothing to back it up. But just an idea.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 01:49:05 pm »
If any Reptites survived, they would've evolved into Dragonians, not Mystics.

Bauglir

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 02:32:12 pm »
Not really. With humans surviving, and the Ice Age happening, the environment would have been far different. The evolutionary chain that led to the Dragonians would not have survived, while (granting that the evolution theory is correct) the line that led to the Mystics may have been better adapted to cold, stealth, and the use of non-Element magic, traits that would have been meaningless in the Dragonian timeline.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 01:35:58 pm »
True, but there's already some basic Mystics in Ayla's time period anyway.

Bauglir

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 04:29:38 pm »
Kilwalas and that one Nu are about it, but I'm willing to grant that Kilwalas evolved into Mystics before I'd say Reptites did, because Mystics seem warm-blooded to me (Imps on Mt. Woe) among other things. Plus, they don't seem to have a reptilian mindset. The ones we talked to seemed to close to human to be Reptite-based anyway. The Medina mystics, and the mystics you talk to in the Cathedral seem like normal people with a job to do, rather than the cold, calculating-yet-violent Reptite sort of personality that I've always imagined they'd have (There are only three Reptites with lines in CT, and one of them is Azala, so it really is imagining).