Author Topic: Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas  (Read 1187 times)

ultramarine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« on: February 25, 2006, 06:05:57 pm »
I am fairly experianced with RPG Maker 2000, 2003, and a little bit of XP

After replaying Chrono Trigger, I decided to make a fangame.
However, i need some help coming up with some ideas and a title

i would prefer ideas involving the main characters of chrono trigger (since i have all of their sprites)

i would also like to implement the many Principloes of Time and Dimensional Travel to create a complex but organized story

Could someone please help me come up with a few ideas?

JoeC_1234

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:50:09 pm »
I think the fall of Guardia would be an interesting subject.

ultramarine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:06:47 pm »
it would be a bit hard to implement any time/dimension travelling with that...
unless you have some ideas?

Ramsus

Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:17:32 pm »
Is it so hard?

You play a young thief and his best friend. Using the war between Porre and Guardia as an opportunity to sneak into the castle, you make your way into the treasure room where you find... the Epoch.

Immediately afterwards the battle spreads back to your location, so you decide to hide inside with your friend. A few accidental bumps and activated controls later, and you find yourself flung into a distant time.

Unfortunately you end up crashing, damaging the Epoch in the process...

DUDE71

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:47:03 pm »
I just PMed You ultramarine. Check your messages.  
If it didn't work (I didn't know what I was doing) Tell Me.  
My first Time using private messages.   Yeah!
Anyways tell me what you think.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 03:34:03 am »
You should really think of ideas before you decide to go onto a quest to make ANOTHER fangame, instead of asking others to do it for you. But if you insist, you could make it set in 2300 AD, and something about prophecies, the Coming, and Crono. And a sword that looks strangely like a crucifix and a lance that is the Lance of Loginus (or w/e)

ultramarine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 06:21:05 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
You should really think of ideas before you decide to go onto a quest to make ANOTHER fangame

actually i have plenty of ideas
im just trying to find out what some of what the target audience would want and try to incorporate it with some of my ideas

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 12:39:20 pm »
I think it would be interesting to explain Porre's uprising too. Maybe throw in a part where you get to corrupt the masamune unintentionally or something.

klois

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:34:09 pm »
Another big interest, I'm sure, is "The Search for Schala".  One big problem about that would be that you'd have to decide if you want follow Cross and another would be that you probably wouldn't reincorporate all the playable characters and would want to incorporate new ones or old NPCs.

Personally, any new game that takes place in the Chrono Trigger world would be of interest.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 02:22:37 pm »
In my opinion, whatever you do you should always add more new stuff to the Chrono world than just focusing on the events that aren't explained in CT/RD/CC. For example, if you want to explain the Fall of Guardia, try to create a completely different story in which the Fall of Guardia would be more like a "side-effect" than the main theme. In my opinion, a game in which that Fall would be the main theme would be too previsible, the NPCs at the beginning of the story would say stuff like "Guardia is such a peaceful country!" or "Porre will never defeat us!!" but the player already knows how it ends...

That's what I would do personally anyway.

ultramarine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 08:00:54 pm »
i have a pretty good idea about what the story will be like
i plan to have chrono in different clothes and play the role as more of a mysterious guardian of something, neither evil or good, kind of guiding the main character

now all i need is basically a main character name that is good
i really suck at names

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 06:44:46 am »
Well, the thing is that you should really think about the plot. Don't make it "And Crono is reborn into a Nazi fighting demon" or "Lavos is reborn and Crono fights him", try to make it more a paradigm shift like CC (from what I gathered) or a side story in the current game or something that makes sense. Like an unanswered question that you can give a good answer to. And the thing is is that Crono being a mysterious guardian is just silly. Sure, a game about him going around the castle calling his employees Mr Brownshoes wouldn't be interesting, but at least it will make sense. That was kind of the direction I was trying to take Chrono Stream, but I realized I was trying to create an entire new story, instead of adding. I also realized that by adding more blocks to Chrono Trigger, it will eventually topple. Sorry if this discourages people, or offends them; go on with your works, be happy and make others happy! But in my view sequels just won't do. Subplots and just plain mods are good, but like MIB, a sequel would just ruin it. Or FF7. We can't forget FF7 *starts mumbling to self about FF7*

ultramarine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono RPG Fangame Ideas
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 05:52:58 pm »
hes not exactly a mysterious guardian..i really can't explain it right now but i plan to demonstrate it soon once i've done more work on the game

i'll make sure its not anything too crazy and stuff
and trust me, im thinking a lot about the plot