Author Topic: Fates of the Chrono Trigger Team - Discussion  (Read 7816 times)

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Fates of the Chrono Trigger Team - Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 10:52:51 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Actually his grave says he died in 634 AD, and if you go to the Dragon's Claw during 600, his note is already there, yet he's not dead. So...I think it's safe to assume he didn't die in the Claw.

Err.... Toma in actuality is a time travel- No. omg. OMG. OMG. TOMA IS THE ETNITY!!!11

....>_>

Toma could have made multiple journeys, but that doesn't sound very likely... Bleh.  :(

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Fates of the Chrono Trigger Team - Discussion
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2006, 11:26:13 pm »
Toma did not die in 600AD.
Remember, he has offspring, and as it doesn't look like he's settled down yet, so he can't of died then and, otherwise Toma XIII would not exist.

EDIT: Also, it seems as if his grave has his body, so he may have settled down and died there. The note in the Dragon's Claw suggests 2 things.
1) He's writting down his last words before he goes deeper in, pressing that switch (and do you think he can beat the Dark Tryno). And probably dies there, but that doesn't work since he needs to have a kid and die in 634AD.
2) He wrote down his last words and left the claw since he doesn't want to risk pressing the button, falling down etc.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2006, 02:37:39 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
1) He's writting down his last words before he goes deeper in, pressing that switch (and do you think he can beat the Dark Tryno). And probably dies there, but that does work since he needs to have a kid and die in 634AD.
 Don't you mean that doesn't work?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2006, 06:04:48 pm »
Quote from: ChronoMagus
Quote from: Zaperking
1) He's writting down his last words before he goes deeper in, pressing that switch (and do you think he can beat the Dark Tryno). And probably dies there, but that does work since he needs to have a kid and die in 634AD.
 Don't you mean that doesn't work?

Yeah, typo.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2006, 01:01:04 am »
Besides that typo I agree with you.  I find it highly unlikely for Toma to have escaped the Black Tyrano alive, but his awesome adventurer instinct just knew exactly what to do.  Yep he just probably ran away to live another day.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2006, 02:09:21 pm »
Wasn't the rust tyrano down there? I remember you have to try to walk behind the tyrano to actually fight him, otherwise he does nothing. I donno if it's just ingame or supposed to be that way(he is just guarding the shell), but if he is, then Toma could escape after seeing him(I would try to get a shell lying behind a giand dinosaur...)
. I didn't get the switch thingy, the tyrano is located after the prison(where Kino was held in the original Tyrano Castle), so after pressing the switch where you fall down you can still go up and leave.
Toma's crumpled note:
   «Those holes! What if I jump into them
   on purpose? Yes!
   I'll start back at the beginning, and...»

He presses the switch, falls down, goes back, and writes the note I think, perhaps he even saw the Rust Tyrano(and wanted to write it down, why he didn't, i donno...maybe some ape was attacking him).
But why doesn't he tell you about the tyrano(or whatever he wanted to add in his notice) if you see him at the bar(or where-ever), because he has already writen the note.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2006, 04:02:47 pm »
How would they have known when he died, then? Did he write the epitaph for his grave and send it out in a glass bottle in the water?

The townspeople always knew when Toma was off on an adventure, so it wouldn't be too much of a strech for them to assume his death if he never returned.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2006, 09:35:36 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
The townspeople always knew when Toma was off on an adventure, so it wouldn't be too much of a strech for them to assume his death if he never returned.

34 years later? 34 seems kinda like a random number to me.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 10:10:44 pm »
And very slow on the part of the townspeople... I mean it took them 34 years to figure out that Toma hasn't returned... 1, 2, 5 or even 10 years... but 34?

supaaren

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supaaren.com
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2006, 11:29:54 pm »
DALTON:

Just went through the Dead Sea again in CC and noticed something rather interesting.  when you head up through the Tower of Geddon, you climb up what appears to be the wing of a plane.  I'm led to believe that this is left wing of the Blackbird.

Why do I say this?
-The wing has top-mounted engines and a walkable surface just as the Blackbird does.
-If you look closely, there's a giant "D" on the wing.

D for Dalton, anyone?  Perhaps he got sucked through the portal in 12,000 BD and into 2400 AD.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2006, 02:33:43 pm »
I hope you're right about that so people would shut up about Dalton being responsible for the Porre-Guardia war.

supaaren

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2006, 06:45:22 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
I hope you're right about that so people would shut up about Dalton being responsible for the Porre-Guardia war.

Can anyone get a screencap of that?  I don't have a PSX emulator : /

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2006, 03:57:48 pm »
It's just a stupid rumor people made up.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2006, 06:49:23 pm »
It's just a stupid rumor people made up.

Are you still talking about Geddon or the P-G war?

I don't  really understand how the dead sea works and I have no ambitions to figure it out, but how would scrap from 12,000 BC end up at "time crash ground zero".  Does that encompass all of time as we know it, or just the 10,000 years into the past that Chronopolis was pulled back, because things such as Nadia's Bell were there but that is part of the 10,000 years before 2,400 AD.

supaaren

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2006, 02:06:27 am »
As far as I understand, the Dead Sea is the new timeline that Crono and the gang created after the finish of CT, from 1999 on (with the assumption Lavos was defeated in 1999).  All of the matter there is under a vaccum-meld-freeze kind of thing because most things are static (the water, for example...), and the whole area is a conglomeration of the whote timeline mashed into one area as a demonstration of what will happen in the future in Home World if Serge does not straighten out the dimensional distortions.

As for how the blackbird scrap would end up in this timeline is a good question.  I'm not sure the ocean palace wreck or the mammon machine would be a plausible cause since the blackbird appears after the ocean palace is destroyed...

I honestly have no idea how it would end there. o_o  But I saw it!