Author Topic: Lucca's mother (Minor spoiler alert)  (Read 2206 times)

Augenstein

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lucca's mother (Minor spoiler alert)
« on: February 21, 2006, 08:25:45 am »
I noticed that in the end, if you mannage to save Lucca's mother she is standing right there. On the other hand, if the machine reels her in, she is clearly sitting in the Millenial Fairgrounds at the end and cannot stand by herself. This must mean that she lives imperitive to wether you mannage to stop the machine her dress got caught in. So where is she during the rest of the game?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:53:35 am »
She is in Lucca's house...sitting in her chair in her bedroom. If you enter the house go in the back door and hang a right up the stairs, she is there.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:04:19 pm »
Yeah and she says something like, "Taban and Lucca just care about their machines..."  Taban was Lucca's dad right?

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:49:01 pm »
Yeah, Taban is Lucca's dad. He gives her the Taban Helm and Taban Vest armour as well as other things.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:50:54 pm »
You don't need to mark a topic as spoilers here...

If you don't "save" Lucca's mom, she gets crippled like normal.  If you "save" her, history is changed, and she isn't crippled.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:05:09 pm »
If you save her and go back to Lucca's place, you'll see her sitting where she usually sits. I remember being so disheartened when I saw that, like my actions had no meaning. Then she gets up.  :D

Augenstein

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:46:18 pm »
I do not remember seeing her anywhere in Lucca's home, but I may have just forgotten.

ibax7588

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:56:09 pm »
I do not remember seeing her anywhere in Lucca's home, but I may have just forgotten.

Yeah, she's definitely sitting there in the room off of the main landing to the right. It's funny that you should say that you missed her too, because I don't personally remember even finding her until like my 2nd or 3rd go with the game.

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 11:37:58 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
If you save her and go back to Lucca's place, you'll see her sitting where she usually sits. I remember being so disheartened when I saw that, like my actions had no meaning. Then she gets up.  :D

Same, same. It was so uplifting when she stood and began to walk around. I was just smiling like an idiot when you talk to her and say "Ah, it's such a lovely day, I think I'll go for a walk!" Or something of the like. It's interesting how the timeline dosn't change that drastically from this. Lucca still devotes her life to technology, but for different reasons. Curious  :?

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 04:35:50 pm »
I noticed the difference.  In fact, whenever I see a listing of endings, Lara standing is one of the features of getting a certain ending where you do everything and 'save' Lucca's mom.  I do have to admit that I didn't know where she was until after I did the side-quest and went rampaging through the house to try to find her.  I had thought for some reason that she had died because I didn't bother looking for her before I saved her, but I discovered where she sat my second time through.

supaaren

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supaaren.com
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 08:52:04 pm »
That quest was actually the last one I found when playing the game when I first got it...  I probably had the game a few months and beat it several times before I even realized that gate was even part of the game.  Am I the only one this happened to? ._.

It's a quest I always make sure and try to finish up now if I play until the end of the game now because if I don't do it, it nags on my conscience.