Author Topic: CT Story Idea - The Fall of Guardia  (Read 1519 times)

Glensather Galanodel

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
CT Story Idea - The Fall of Guardia
« on: January 28, 2006, 02:02:10 am »
Okay, we know that 5 years or so from 1000AD, Porre will rise to power and declare war on Guardia, resulting in its subsequent fall from power and whatnot.

This, however, imposes a question: With immensly strong people like Chrono, Marle, Lucca, and Robo (I forget if it is still in that time) hanging out at home, which, safe to say, is in Truce... what kind of power did Porre have?

Think about it: Porre would have to kill Chrono, who wields the strongest sword in existence, probably wears the strongest armor, and is backed by a master archer, a brilliant gunner, and a tank... I mean, robot.

So how did Porre NOT fall?
And rise to power, for that matter?

The reason I ask is for a story I'm thinking of writing, detailing the Porre/Guardia war as something on a more epic scale that what is the norm for CT. I've read the theory (read: theories) here, but I can't find one that seems more commonly accepted over the other.

I'm going to write a story involving two nations warring against each other, each side with its own heroes and villains, and told from both points of view.

Of course, we know how it'll end (we think): Guardia falls in the end... but what about Crono, Marle/Nadia, Lucca (okay, she's not so much a mystery), and Robo? If anyone has any good ideas or explanations I just didn't see on this site, that would be great.

And it there's any stories that have already attempted this.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: CT Story Idea - The Fall of Guardia
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:15:01 pm »
The details our not "offically filled", so i would say Fuck the rise of Pore and make the connetions to RD and CC in Crono's Favor

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 12:09:57 pm »
I think there are a couple theories about it somewhere on the site.  I support the "elements" theory.  If everyone in Porre suddenly could use magic it could lead to problems.

--jp

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 05:45:44 pm »
I have reason to believe that Crono & the gang wasn't killed in the "Fall of Guardia." If you examine drawing of kid in the "flaming orphanage" of the Chrono Cross you'll notice that there's a drawing of Crono & Marle... If you think about it, was drawn between 1009-1015 A.D.. Kid is too young to draw between 1004-1008 A.D. Therefore, I conclude that Crono & Marle somehow survive the "Fall of Guardia" & went into hiding & later appeared at Lucca house when Kid is matured enough to draw. I saw characters of the original Chrono Trigger in Kid's drawing suggesting that there's reunion of old comrades... Their reason & motives still unknown but the hard evidence that Crono survives lies in the Chrono Cross game.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 06:29:15 pm »
We also have reason to believe that Porre is really bad at overthrowing kingdoms, and that Guardia is very much all right by the time of Chrono Cross.