Author Topic: News post Friday  (Read 3463 times)

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
News post Friday
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:11:49 pm »
In case you missed it, ZeaLitY is going to make a news post encouraging people to join the Flash Series and a similar project run by Namara to make the Chrono Symphonic Movie. This announcement will be on Friday. Hopefully we'll get a lot of interest, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
News post Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 06:40:34 am »
Good work Luminaire! I'm sorry I havent been in contact for the last week. The fact that I have dial-up internet limits the time i have on it. And aside from that, I have school-work ya know the way it is.

I know this is looking at the negative side, but I fear that we aren't attracting enough people to even sign up and have a look at what we're doing. I get a funny feeling that this entire project might be going downhill. I think we need to set a goal on this project: To have Episode I out for the public by May. This gives us approx. 2 months to work on it. I think this is enough time to work. How about it?

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
News post Friday
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »
I didn't really have anything to do with the news post.

Unfortunately, I'm not too surprised it wasn't any help.

I think what we need to do is get something done, even if it's just one scene. This will enable us to determine if the end result is what we want, and hopefully before too much more time goes by. And once we're satisfied we can use it to spread the word. Maybe showing that we're making tangible progress may be enough to get people interested.

-----

On a related note:

Yesterday I made contact with Namara, who's leading the new CT ROM Movie project, and proposed that we join forces since our projects are so similar. Since then we've exchanged a few PMs, but I don't know yet if it's going to happen.

From what I've gathered the sticking points seem to be length (she thinks my script is too long) and how to make the final product (they want to record from a modified ROM).

It's too bad, really, because they're going through almost exactly the things we did six months ago, including using Chrono Symphonic for the soundtrack and adding voice actors.

At any rate, I'll give an update when I know more.

Any thoughts about this?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
News post Friday
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 12:35:14 am »
Ultimately, the idea of merging projects may work. But then again, it may not. Already im thinking maybe we shouldn't; merging two projects will be harder to co-ordinate, mainly because there will be two different groups wanting to get things done in a different way.

It may be worth giving it a try, but I have a funny feeling it might not be the right thing to do at this point in time.

If we can release even one scene (like u said) that may allow people outside of the Project or even outside of the Compendium to contemplate joining. This at the moment should be our goal.

We may return to the decision of merging later on I think, we will leave it as a 'last resort'. For now, we will try and chug along, now matter how long it takes, im staying here and helping, i hope everyone else will too.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
News post Friday
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 12:51:02 am »
Yeah, I only want to merge if we would become one project.

I had thought the projects were more similar than they turned out to be. Still, it was worth a thought.