Marbule Gallery - Completed Fan Creations > Retranslation of Chrono Trigger

Welcome / Quality Control

(1/6) > >>

ZeaLitY:
Note to all: a script with all code tags intact should be on the way. This may facilitate reading somewhat.

~

Welcome to the forum; you are here because you expressed interest in helping with the retranslation of Chrono Trigger from Japanese, and we are very grateful! Since this effort will primarily be done by a few individuals in close contact with each other, this forum may not get much use. It is here in case any questions must be directed to the other members of the team, or if any other relevant info pops up.

As a translator, remember that you are free to translate as little or much as you wish; the Chrono Trigger script is very hefty, and it would be a hell of a lot of work for just one person. Thank you again; we are poised to penetrate mysteries that have been buried for ten years.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Retranslation

~

If you ever hit a stumbling block, like a tough-as-nails dialectical nuance or something plain bizarre, just post it at the forum.

~

Before you begin, please give an honest opinion of your skill in translating Japanese. If you would like to test your ability, please translate:

スペッキオ「ツンツン頭のおまえは『天』。
 このポニーテールのギャルは『水』の力。
 こっちのメガネのネーちゃんは『火』の力。
 てなぐあいに、魔法だけでなくすべてのものは、この4つのバランスでなりたってる。
 『魔法が使いたい~』とねんじながら、ドアの所からはじめて
 この部屋のさくにそって、時計回りに3回まわる!

And just post it here. We can make comparisons based off that. Try not to look at the others translations before you do your own!

Welcome again!

Soraya:
Spekkio:
First off, pointy-head there is "sky".
This pony-tailed gal is "water".
The girl with the glasses is "fire".     
Tenaguaini, not only magic but the entirety of things are, these four balance naritatteru.
Starting at the door, walk clockwise around the room three times while thinking, "I wanna use magic!"

The fourth line's start and end is the only thing that screwed me up. Too bad there aren't more kanji in there.  :wink:

ZeaLitY:
Okay, it was:

This girl with the ponytail has the power of "Water".
And the chick with the glasses over here has the power of "Fire".
The condition of everything in the world, not just magic, consists of the balance of these four.
So keep thinking, "I wanna use magic," and starting from the door,
walk around clockwise along the [wall] three times!

So you pretty much nailed it. We've got about 5 volunteers now, so I'm sure we can help each other out on tough spots.

Soraya:
I saw "guai" in there and was thinking the word "condition" should be in the sentence, but since I didn't know what "tena" would be by itself I just let it be.

Can you tell me what "naritatteru" was? XD I figured it was some weird conjugation of naru.

ZeaLitY:
Oh, I have no idea. I'm getting this from someone who translated a few lines about a year ago; it was just some Spekkio dialogue.  :oops:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version