Author Topic: WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...  (Read 16453 times)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2006, 10:47:54 am »
Quote from: ChronoMagus
I would use summon in the sense that it was probably an intentional retreat to the pocket dimension...  It existed already, so its more like activating it.

Whatever you want to call it, Lavos defintely wasn't in it until the battle starts.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2006, 02:24:12 pm »
If you remember, when they first walk up to Lavos it isn't in its Pocket Dimension. It's on the ground, with no visible holes underneath it. Once the battle starts the Pocket Dimension appears, which leads me to believe that it retreats into its Pocket Dimension by "summoning" it. (I use the term summon very loosely)

I just opened an old file of CT I had where I hadn't killed Lavos' shell yet, and when Lavos is viewed (non-map screen) before the confrontation, it is in its pocket dimension.  As for when Lavos is seen surfacing on the world map, it's too hard to tell if the pocket dimension is "under" it or not.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2006, 07:07:06 pm »
How did you start the battle?  Epoch? Bucket? Omen?

JonnyCyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
..>
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2006, 09:18:46 pm »
I just beat it 2 days ago for the nth time.
Right before the battle for Lavos, and I knew this from before I had just forgotten.
I have challenged him through both the bucket and the Omen by the way.
Before Lavos comes above ground, the blue, "pocket dimension" screen flashes for about 2 seconds, then it reverts to the scene where Lavos busts through the earth.
So the first few seconds must mean that the dimension is upon us.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2006, 09:39:35 pm »
How did you start the battle? Epoch? Bucket? Omen?

Bucket and Epoch.  I don't consider the Omen route to be a good source in this case because you could just enter the Omen in 12,000 B.C., and even though it supposedly transcends time with Lavos, I feel it doesn't give a view of the 1999 A.D. emergence of Lavos.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2006, 11:50:48 am »
Quote from: DBoruta
If you remember, when they first walk up to Lavos it isn't in its Pocket Dimension. It's on the ground, with no visible holes underneath it. Once the battle starts the Pocket Dimension appears, which leads me to believe that it retreats into its Pocket Dimension by "summoning" it. (I use the term summon very loosely)

I just opened an old file of CT I had where I hadn't killed Lavos' shell yet, and when Lavos is viewed (non-map screen) before the confrontation, it is in its pocket dimension.  As for when Lavos is seen surfacing on the world map, it's too hard to tell if the pocket dimension is "under" it or not.

Is this before or after you have to decide if you are fighting or not.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2006, 05:25:04 pm »
Is this before or after you have to decide if you are fighting or not.

Definitely before.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2006, 03:14:12 pm »
Huh, that is odd. Back to the drawing board.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2006, 01:21:41 am »
Yeah it is really odd... the more I think about it, the less I can ever remember an instance of seeing ground beneath Lavos...  but that is disturbing...  He can't always be hidden in the PD.

JoaoXP

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2006, 10:24:38 pm »
Probably someone already pointed this, but still regarding Lavos' size, one evidence that I found very interesting is the passage after you fight Lavos Shell. Its very plausible that it could be made that way intentionaly, and to me it doesnt look like you're climbing. Assuming that the passage is around 50m or so, and the Core stands around the center of the Shell, then would be plausible to think that Lavos Shell has a radius around 100m, no?

PS: Please excuse my (really) bad English, this isnt my native language  :oops:

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2006, 05:55:07 am »
As best as I can tell, I finalized all information relating to Lavos' size earlier (can't blame someone for not wading through pages of forum posts though)

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=40304#40304

Lavos is (In my opinion) actually very massive, but for the sake of gameplay is shown as far smaller when you fight him and in other circumstances.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2006, 01:52:54 pm »
Yes it must be in order for many things to be explained...  We never see the entire length or height... just the face.