Author Topic: Episode I: The Millennial Fair  (Read 5036 times)

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Episode I: The Millennial Fair
« on: January 11, 2006, 01:29:33 pm »
Episode I will cover from the time Crono wakes up in his bed to after the Telepod scene.

Here's the link to what we had before:

Episode I - The Millennial Fair

If you haven't read it (or have forgotten what was in it) I might suggest that you take a few minutes and think about how you would go about writing this episode first. Maybe outline and describe the scenes you would include.

I'm always open to exploring other ways of doing things, so feel free to suggest scenes and dialogue to add/remove/expand/shorten/rework/etc. Constructive criticism is also welcome.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 06:30:01 am »
Quote from: Luminaire
Constructive criticism is also welcome.

This is one of the largest parts that our members need to do. It helps the Script Writers figure out what to edit and then finally send it off to our Flash Designers. So truly comments make the whole Flash work.

Havent read the Script yet (lazy me). But I will in a sec and I will comment. Expect this to be edited.

EDIT: I see the way u have constructed Crono's personality is a bit "average". I think it would be better to have a more stand-outish personality. But thats my opinion, other may look at it differently but.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 01:16:51 pm »
Yeah, I wasn't really sure what to do about Crono personality-wise, and thus you have the middle-of-the-road result.

We can (and probably should) make Crono a more defined character, though I'll need some help with that, as CT doesn't give us much. Any thoughts, anyone?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 11:52:35 pm »
Well coz this is a fan project why dont we define his personality ourselves.  :D It might  take a bit of work (then again it might not) but since we dont have voices this can replace that harrowing job.  :lol:

I guess he's kinda a bit...uh how to say this....worried sometimes like in the way you see him not sure of what any of the other party members want to do (if u know wat i mean). And he gets confused quite a bit as well. So i guess thats a starter.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:39:21 pm »
I was thinking maybe this would be a good topic for discussion in the general forum. (The topic wouldn't have to be connected to the Flash series in any way, though it could be, I suppose.) That way we could get a larger sampling of opinions than yours and mine. There would certainly be some disagreement, but it would at least generate some ideas.

What do you think about that?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 01:26:58 am »
That could be a good idea. That way we will get a more community-wide opinion. And then we can put in the credits this:

And thanks to members of the Chrono Compendium Forums for helping us out with Crono's personality!

8)

I'll start a thread up in General Discussion if you dont beat me to it.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 12:08:13 am »
So far we seem to be getting some good ideas, so that's good. :)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to reflect on these in the next few days. Of course I encourage others to do the same.

For some motivation, I present this quote. It seems that the gauntlet has been inadvertently thrown:

Quote from: Lord J esq
Quote from: GrayLensman
I imagine Crono's personality would change somewhat over the course of his journey.

That's a good point. It might be sharper than the resolution of the Flash Series, though...

So we should especially think about how Crono - and all the party members, at some point - would grow over the course of the story.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:14:04 am »
Yes well I think the rest is down to us as of now. Like Gray said, it should change over the journey, and not just Crono's personality.

General Outline of Personalities:

Crono: Punk, Rebel etc.
Marle: Also a Rebel yet pretty in that funny sort of way
Lucca: Bloody genius
Robo: Too nice for his own good. Would be a martyr if the case arrived.
Frog: Courageous, Brave, a bit Suicidal, probably a ladies man
Ayla: Likes to beat the living shit out of things, wat more can I say.
Magus: The ass-wooper of the group, quiet, mystical, mysterious, thinks of the rest of the crew as a burden.

Take this as a conceptional framework to the personalities.

Im also trying to see if this Project is still running.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 12:13:36 am »
Are we still running? That's a good question.

I'd like us to be, but so far my classes have had other ideas.

Plus, to be honest, things haven't gone exactly as I had hoped they would.

I would love to do this in some form, and I certainly have no problem working with you guys. But I also don't want to force things.

Thoughts?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 12:36:12 am »
It seems you guys need a larger team. Perhaps a little advertising is in order. I think a news post and some billings around the community could produce adequate help. However, I would advise you to clean up the forum somewhat to avoid confusing the new members when they come.

Is Jake still the moderator? I can make the current project leader moderator so you can clean up the defunct threads.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 06:04:50 am »
@ZeaLitY It seems Jake is not...I was classed has the mod in Usergroups so I guess that would make me the one. Jake hasnt shown up for a long time, so I guess he no longer visits here anymore. If you can make me the mod Z' it would help lots.

Generally I thought we had this project back up and running, at first everyone was like "yeah I think I can help" etc. but then we went back into buisness it kinda all died down.

@Luminaire85 Originally I thought "heck we've got lots of time to do this" but when SSJoseph said I while I go that this wasn't a project that he could work on forever it got me into the whole field of "crap we better hurry up otherwise we cant do this thing." So I hope everyone still wants to do it. And like Z' said, we need a larger team.[/quote]

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 09:31:53 pm »
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I know I still want to do it. :)

Before we make any news post, though, I suggest we think about what kind of end result we want. My opinion is, if we continue on the path we were headed (sprites, no voices, etc.) the end result will simply be watching someone play Chrono Trigger. Plus, I think the more original we make it, the easier it will be to build a team of willing and able helpers. And I believe we can do it.

Cleaning up the forum is a good idea, since we're kind of starting over. Let me know if you want any help with it.

And thanks for the input, ZeaLitY. Any other suggestions you have would be welcome.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 03:45:20 am »
Alright, im gonna  basically get rid of any thread we dont need and/or is useless, which most are. Important threads will remain so new users can get a grasp on what is actually happening here. I'll let you know if we need help.

Rep

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 10:40:15 am »
I didn't read other people's comments about this yet, but few things I'd do -

GINA heads downstairs to the lower level of the house. CRONO finishes getting dressed, yawns, stretches, and pets his cat before he and his pet follow her.

This would be Chrono either sitting on his bed, or kneeled down.

As CRONO discovers his black eye, MELCHIOR walks over to look at the remnants of CRONO’s former sword.

This could happen with Chrono touching carefully his eye, and then doing somekind of "ouch" effect.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 01:22:27 pm »
Good observations, Rep.

Most of the time I'm purposefully vague on exactly how to show an action, so I imagine there are many more examples to be found.