Author Topic: The Fate of Crono, Marle, & Lucca [Finalized]  (Read 11334 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
The Fate of Crono, Marle, & Lucca [Finalized]
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 04:47:12 am »
Quote from: CatchRBFivy
At least one person agrees with me that its too much of a stretch.

Quote from: RhageSolace
I like the theory myself, but I do agree it's a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, of course it is, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE WE DISCUSS HERE AT THE COMPENDIUM. Seriously, if we took a poll on how much stuff here isnt a stretch, id doubt it would get a high percentage. We have discussed so much stuff (me and V_T still come to disagreements about the Balloon Ending in CT being the true ending), and so much of it far-fetched, the Fall of Guardia IS a perfect example.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 11:54:48 am »
I don't know if I'd cal everything else far-fetched...I mean, we normally try and base things off of evidence, common sense, and reason.

Also, I call it the 'true' ending, but realize that others do not. I call it thus because it's the most "ending" (i.e. there's really nothing left for Crono & Co. to do). The other endings leave strings that can be closed open...

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2005, 01:32:23 pm »
Quote from: Lordchander

Yeah, of course it is, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE WE DISCUSS HERE AT THE COMPENDIUM. Seriously, if we took a poll on how much stuff here isnt a stretch, id doubt it would get a high percentage. We have discussed so much stuff (me and V_T still come to disagreements about the Balloon Ending in CT being the true ending), and so much of it far-fetched, the Fall of Guardia IS a perfect example.

LC, I don't thinks that its all tough to swallow.  I just think the Miguel = Crono part is more "out of thin air" than usual for here.  There really are no clues at all that Miguel is Crono that make sense or are pointed out to you.  I've seen more people on the forum make better arguments and provide better evidence against Miguel being Crono.  I do, however, believe that Guardia fell and that Marle and Crono are still alive and that Lucca may be dead or w/e.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2005, 02:14:42 pm »
Quote from: Lordchander

Most theorys on the Compendium is based on facts from the game, reason, and logic.  The Crono=Miguel theory is built on assumtions, and what ifs.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 02:49:02 pm »
Thank you.  I feel like I'm going crazy over this!  People seem like they are ignoring obvious things wrong with it and are calling me crazy!

dododododoo

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2005, 03:05:13 pm »
I know the fall of Guardia happens in 1005 AD, but is it possible that it's not totally destroyed?  What I mean by this is on one of the New Game + endings of CC, Kid becomes leader of the Dragoons and goes on to conquer, first, Guardia.  If Guardia has already totally fallen, then is it just a Porre military district or is it still up and running?

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2005, 03:27:50 pm »
It wasn't completely destroyed.  Porre over-threw it.  Its still some sort of Soverign state, but not peaceful.  They probably installed a puppet government, and is dealing with insurgants.

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 07:40:51 pm »
If you look from a RD point of view, Crono is dead.

In RD, next to the end of scenario1, if you ask Kid "Why are we after the Frozen Flame?"
She'll say:
"I made a promise with my big sis... to get the Frozen Flame, and bury it for her...
[...]At her old friend's grave...
[...]I was still little at the time, so I can't remember much of it...  But there was this friend of hers who she'd grown
up with, who died a while back.
She said she wanted him to be able to rest with the Frozen Flame..."

I think that she is talking about Crono anyway~
EDIT: just to add, since I don't think that the fall of Guardia was planned back when RD was made, I think the ending where Crono dies in CT is the real one. Reviving him was just a side quets anyway~

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 11:01:35 pm »
Isn't RD seperate from CT and CC (as in, doesn't it occur in a different dimension or something than the two)? If it was directly connected, then wouldn't Kid and Serge have already known each other, among more differences? Mind you, I haven't yet played RD, so I could be completely wrong >_>.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 11:03:47 pm »
It could be that the Fall wasn't planned when CT was out, but why not for when RD came out? There are other things pointing to the Fall in RD as well...

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 11:07:35 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
There are other things pointing to the Fall in RD as well...

Hn...guess I'll have to play it after all.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 12:04:17 am »
Why would you think than an incomplete ending would be the real one?  Incomplete as in you havn't done everything.

And the PSX ending proves that Crono is supposed to be alive, with him marrying Marle and all.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 02:56:43 am »
Yeah, but the Fall was most likely after their marriage.

Also, RD is a different dimension. But it's totally the same, except that Schala was reincarnated instead and Lavos never could attatch himself with Schala. Hence Belthasar didn't need to look for Schala. And the FF first appeared, connecting itself with the Mammon Machine.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 08:47:51 am »
Uh, the Fall was after their marriage, but the sequence was irrelevent to Sentenal's statement...

Oh, and there are plenty of other differences from RD to CC...For starters, the Frozen Flame itself is completely different in both games.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 10:36:39 am »
Not exactally true. The FF in RD is 2d. The FF in CC is 3D and shown in an FMV. The FF in RD is a jewel, in CC it's said to be a powerful Jewel aswell. Since RD was also the basis to get CC of it's feet, the change can be obvious. But besides that, they are the same, with new features. Simply with this Flame, Schala didn't get reincarnated. But most of the pre-history is the same.