Author Topic: Chrono Symphonic / Coliseum 2.00 Released  (Read 6089 times)

JonnyCyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 05:06:39 pm »
I too, enjoyed those submissions.
Each of the tracks with changing tempos really bring out the emotional aspects of the game that would blend well with a movie.
I particularly like Blue Skies over Guardia, Door to the End of Time, and Morning Sunlight, from the first disc.
I haven't listened to all of the second! I'm trying to pace myself!! There's so much to enjoy!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Chrono Symphonic / Coliseum 2.00 Released
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 03:16:46 am »
Quote from: Sleepy Emp
Quote from: Lord J esq
CHEERS to Sleepy Emp. His two songs stand out for their remarkable quality both in terms of music samples and technique. "The New Beginning" cheered me up after a string of letdowns--I beg ye, Emp, turn that Frozen Flame segment at the end into its own full-length song! And you have also shown me the wisdom of "People Seized with Life" as a bold piece rather than a melancholy one. Very good form! However, a JEER within a CHEER for that horrid mangling of "Guardia Millennial Fair," my favorite Chrono Trigger song. The tempo was right on the money, but the composition is a travesty and trips all over itself.

Thanks. I was cautious at first about using CC and RD tracks in that mix, but to my mind in the end they served their purpose well. The Chrono Trigger movie would not be complete without some reference to other games of the series. And sorry for the Millennial Fair  :D

Let me just reiterate my fondest wishes that you might consider fleshing out that Frozen Flame piece at the end into a full-length remix of its own. It dazzled me, in the finest tradition of the Hungarian waltzes of old. I had never conceived of the Flame's song against such a stunning backdrop. Beautiful work, Emp.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
Chrono Symphonic / Coliseum 2.00 Released
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 01:21:13 am »